4 minutes ago, Indecisive Poet said:

Lol Northwestern just sent me a second rejection email

I saw that too. Had a mini meltdown after class yesterday when my roommate asked me how my apps were going and I told her that, "I felt like I paid people to tell me I'm an idiot". At least Northwestern was quick about it, even if they sent two rejection letters I guess

@meghan_sparkle, @caffeinated applicant – to be fair, the initial rejection email was kind and seemed to be sent out personally to each applicant – the admin assistant there is a very nice man! This one was an automated portal email. But I'm not sure why we needed both ?‍♂️

@Rrandle101 I totally get this and I'm sorry you're feeling this way. But you are not an idiot! I'm (sincerely) hoping for good news to be sent your way very soon.

Edited by Indecisive Poet

31 minutes ago, agunns said:

Just received confirmation that I am on the waitlist at UMD - after receiving outright rejections from UT-Austin and Northwestern, it was nice to have somewhat of a vote of confidence from a program! 

Congratulations! Waitlist is definitely a vote of confidence! 

To be a bit nosy, as I'm waiting to hear from UMD... Did you receive an email from them? Email them yourself to inquire about status? Happen to see a random portal update? 

*waves* Hey, everyone. Longtime lurker here... I feel kind of weird because I feel like I'm familiar with a few of you as a result of my lurking and no one knows who I am, LOL. My name is Elia, and I applied for English Lit PhD programs for Fall 2020. I'm currently finishing up my last semester of undergrad. I'm interested in the interestion of race, sexuality, and gender within the African Diaspora (primarily African-American and Latinx) within literature. I applied to the majority of the UC schools because of a summer program I did, as well as Penn State, Yale, and USC. Other than that I've been anxiously waiting and obsessively checking Grade Cafe and Reddit like most everyone else, lol. Curse this neverending humanities decision wait time!

1 hour ago, spikeseagulls said:

*waves* Hey, everyone. Longtime lurker here... I feel kind of weird because I feel like I'm familiar with a few of you as a result of my lurking and no one knows who I am, LOL. My name is Elia, and I applied for English Lit PhD programs for Fall 2020. I'm currently finishing up my last semester of undergrad. I'm interested in the interestion of race, sexuality, and gender within the African Diaspora (primarily African-American and Latinx) within literature. I applied to the majority of the UC schools because of a summer program I did, as well as Notre Dame, Penn State, Yale, and USC. I'm actually leaving for Notre Dame's grad recruitment day tomorrow. :) Other than that I've been anxiously waiting and obsessively checking Grade Cafe and Reddit like most everyone else, lol. Curse this neverending humanities decision wait time!

Oh nice! I actually have a similar set of interests. 

9 hours ago, ABottledCoke said:

I'm interested in theories of history, social aesthetics, and theories of identity formation and find myself drawing a lot on scholarship in queer theory. Thematically, I focus on African American and ChicanX literature. 

I love that! My writing sample had a lot to do with identity formation in Nella Larsen's Passing. :)