12 hours ago, jm6394 said:

Me! Already feeling like it's a rejection...no sense of how often acceptances go out in waves on different days, though.

From looking at the most recent waitlist (2017), waitlist notices were sent out about a week after acceptances. Judging by the note on their website and a note in the acceptance email, UC Davis matriculates only a portion of the people they accept. My personal assessment is that their basic funding package is 20,000 (not a lot for the cost of living in the area), and to receive additional funding you have to apply separately for internal funding and the deadline is Jan 15th. If you are like me and completely forgot to apply for additional funding, you might not take the offer. But what do I know?  Maybe the department does nominations for special fellowships. Not sure. But on statistics alone, if I were you I would give myself next week to see if you are waitlisted at least. Best of luck!!! 

"For Fall 2019 admissions 163 applications were submitted, 24 offers were made and 8 students matriculated. The previous year our program received 124 applications, made 26 offers and 12 students matriculated." This info comes directly from their website. 

14 hours ago, Ida16 said:

Congrats to all the UCD admits! 

Anyone here who applied to UCD and hasn't heard back? I haven't heard anything and I am anxious, lol. 

From looking at the most recent waitlist (2017), waitlist notices were sent out about a week after acceptances. Judging by the note on their website and a note in the acceptance email, UC Davis matriculates only a portion of the people they accept. On statistics alone, if I were you I would give myself next week to see if you are waitlisted at least. Best of luck!!! 

"For Fall 2019 admissions 163 applications were submitted, 24 offers were made and 8 students matriculated. The previous year our program received 124 applications, made 26 offers and 12 students matriculated." This info comes directly from their website. 

16 hours ago, poetryislit said:

Have we given up on Chicago notifying today...

I'm also waiting for Chicago to respond after my interview a week or so ago. I thought maybe I'd hear Friday but didn't, so expect something early next week. I'm very glad to not see any Chicago notifications on this board so far. As I'm from the UK, I have a frustrating wait each day until 3pm before it's even morning in Chicago. Best of luck to you!

11 hours ago, jm6394 said:

Me! Already feeling like it's a rejection...no sense of how often acceptances go out in waves on different days, though.

Aaaa... hope they send a decision soon...

5 hours ago, noneckmonsters said:

From looking at the most recent waitlist (2017), waitlist notices were sent out about a week after acceptances. Judging by the note on their website and a note in the acceptance email, UC Davis matriculates only a portion of the people they accept. My personal assessment is that their basic funding package is 20,000 (not a lot for the cost of living in the area), and to receive additional funding you have to apply separately for internal funding and the deadline is Jan 15th. If you are like me and completely forgot to apply for additional funding, you might not take the offer. But what do I know?  Maybe the department does nominations for special fellowships. Not sure. But on statistics alone, if I were you I would give myself next week to see if you are waitlisted at least. Best of luck!!! 

Thank you so much for this.. it helps!

Walked out of the movies last night to see an acceptance email from Davis and immediately started crying. So relieved—I really didn’t think I would get accepted anywhere, much less in the same state as my family.

I have a question for those who have been contacted for an interview with Northeastern. I was contacted by the DGS and they said that I'll have "virtual meetings" with two different professors for me to ask them questions and so that they can introduce the program to me. They mentioned that the professors will be scholars in my field, however only one of them is. I'm not sure if they're going to be questioning me or the other way around? However, i haven't had an interview with any program yet and this might actually be the norm, i don't know. 

4 hours ago, Shakespeares Sister said:

Me too!

7 hours ago, vondafkossum said:

I feel pretty gutted waking up to see Riverside notifications on the board. Gonna log all the way off this weekend. See y’all, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Riverside was super competitive and POI specific to available faculty. What I know is this: Riverside had to take less people this cohort. I think they were trying to cap it at four. I hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your applications!!!

4 hours ago, Wimsey said:

I've already started contemplating which of my books will come with me to grad school.

This is honestly going to be one of my biggest dilemmas, especially since I'll be moving to the States from Lebanon, and have 400+ books. And I've already asked about the cost to ship all of them, and that is not something I can afford while settling in... 

20 hours ago, rohrlikealion said:

Hello all, and congrats on the acceptances so far!

I am wondering if there are any other PhD in Creative Writing applicants here? I haven't seen any postings (but there are 35 pages so I could have missed it). 

I applied to USC, though I consider it a Very Long Shot. That's the only one; the rest for me are Lit. What about you? 

12 hours ago, noneckmonsters said:

This is so helpful - do you know if the internal funding situation applies to the other UC schools?

Just saw that someone got into Northwestern on the results page (Congratulations to whoever you are, it's a fantastic program!) and am now anxiously waiting next to my phone for a happy call/sad email notification because it looks like from past years they release both on the same day just about

2 hours ago, Rrandle101 said:

Just saw that someone got into Northwestern on the results page (Congratulations to whoever you are, it's a fantastic program!) and am now anxiously waiting next to my phone for a happy call/sad email notification because it looks like from past years they release both on the same day just about

!!!???

now my anxiety is going to go through the roof for sure

Edit: now that I’ve calmed down a bit from the shock, I’m so confused as to how some of these decisions are coming out on weekends...? So far according to the board it looks like 2 acceptances, and I hope and pray this isn’t another Duke situation, with a couple acceptances coming out on the same day and all rejections following a few days later... 

Edited by onerepublic96

25 minutes ago, onerepublic96 said:

!!!???

now my anxiety is going to go through the roof for sure

Edit: now that I’ve calmed down a bit from the shock, I’m so confused as to how some of these decisions are coming out on weekends...? So far according to the board it looks like 2 acceptances, and I hope and pray this isn’t another Duke situation, with a couple acceptances coming out on the same day and all rejections following a few days later... 

Oh gosh I'm sorry and yeahhhh I'm hoping that I'm not gonna get on my laptop tomorrow to find a chonky rejection from Northwestern. I'm hoping since one of them said it was their POI that called and not the DGS that the acceptances will trickle out over the next few days. Who knows though! I had checked my portal today after that and it said "Materials Needed" under the Application Status even though I looked through the checklist and everything is there??? I'm just gonna have to let go and let god with this one because I'm also driving myself a little crazy with Northwestern

3 hours ago, merry night wanderer said:

This is so helpful - do you know if the internal funding situation applies to the other UC schools?

UC Davis is the only UC I know of that advertises this kind of procedure on their website. As far as I know all UCs have basic funding packages that they match you with. UCD is the only UC I know that advertises differently. I don't know if I am misunderstanding their message online. I am also getting my info from phdstipend.com. Who knows? I'll keep you posted if you want. I applied to UCSD, UCSC, UCB, UCD, and UCLA. 

11 minutes ago, Rrandle101 said:

Oh gosh I'm sorry and yeahhhh I'm hoping that I'm not gonna get on my laptop tomorrow to find a chonky rejection from Northwestern. I'm hoping since one of them said it was their POI that called and not the DGS that the acceptances will trickle out over the next few days. Who knows though! I had checked my portal today after that and it said "Materials Needed" under the Application Status even though I looked through the checklist and everything is there??? I'm just gonna have to let go and let god with this one because I'm also driving myself a little crazy with Northwestern

Yes! I get you completely. Northwestern is one of my top choices and I’ve been going slightly insane waiting for this particular decision. I’ve checked my email and my portal both but it’s been silent so I guess best thing to do is just wait. I really do hope these 2 acceptances are not the only ones, and in my anxious perusal of the results board back to 2015 (lol) it does seem like acceptances can trickle out over a couple days, and usually it’s more than just 2 per cycle. 

For what it’s worth, I also have a ‘Materials Needed’ under my application status, but when I look through the checklist itself everything seems in order. I’ve just been sorting this one off to the back of my mind as a glitch in the system. 

Bottom line, fingers crossed for us both!!

4 minutes ago, onerepublic96 said:

Yes! I get you completely. Northwestern is one of my top choices and I’ve been going slightly insane waiting for this particular decision. I’ve checked my email and my portal both but it’s been silent so I guess best thing to do is just wait. I really do hope these 2 acceptances are not the only ones, and in my anxious perusal of the results board back to 2015 (lol) it does seem like acceptances can trickle out over a couple days, and usually it’s more than just 2 per cycle. 

For what it’s worth, I also have a ‘Materials Needed’ under my application status, but when I look through the checklist itself everything seems in order. I’ve just been sorting this one off to the back of my mind as a glitch in the system. 

Bottom line, fingers crossed for us both!!

Out of curiosity, where does it say materials needed? Is it through apply web or the actual northwestern page? 

5 minutes ago, noneckmonsters said:

Out of curiosity, where does it say materials needed? Is it through apply web or the actual northwestern page? 

Hello! This is my first time posting here, I just made an account to comment on this question... I am one of the Northwestern acceptances on the board, but my apply web page also says "materials needed" and has since I submitted the app. (It shows up when you click "view checklist.") Also my portal hasn't updated since the phone call... was told I'd be getting a formal email on Monday. Also my POI apologized for calling "at an inconvenient time" so maybe they've stopped phone calls for now since it's getting late? 

4 minutes ago, MedievalIllusions said:

Hello! This is my first time posting here, I just made an account to comment on this question... I am one of the Northwestern acceptances on the board, but my apply web page also says "materials needed" and has since I submitted the app. (It shows up when you click "view checklist.") Also my portal hasn't updated since the phone call... was told I'd be getting a formal email on Monday. Also my POI apologized for calling "at an inconvenient time" so maybe they've stopped phone calls for now since it's getting late? 

Congratulations!! Northwestern has such an awesome programme. 

Praying for more phone calls to continue coming out (hopefully including myself). 

1 minute ago, onerepublic96 said:

Congratulations!! Northwestern has such an awesome programme. 

Praying for more phone calls to continue coming out (hopefully including myself). 

Thank you so much! It still feels completely surreal and ridiculous and impossible... 

And I really think this can't be all the phone calls... usually more than 2 get posted on the board, so I hope they're not done. But like I said, my POI seemed pretty concerned about calling late, so I would think there's definitely a chance they've just stopped for the evening.

And best of luck to everyone!!

4 minutes ago, MedievalIllusions said:

Thank you! And a BIG CONGRATS!!! That is awesome! Northwestern is such a good school and with good funding. 

In terms of calls and acceptances, it's such a dookie-chute... who knows when they will call. I got the Davis campus visit email before I got the email from the grad advisor LOL

Thanks for logging in to assuage us and, again, congrats!!!!! 

Haven't posted to the results board yet, but I am also in at Northwestern. The professor who called me (not one of my POIs, which I thought was a little odd, but she was nice!) specifically asked me NOT to say anything to other applicants until Monday because, she said, they can't call everyone they're going to call before then and they don't want everyone who didn't get a call yet freaking out all weekend. But since the beans have already been spilled, I thought I should let everyone know to rest assured that if you didn't get a call today it's not a surefire rejection.

3 minutes ago, The Hoosier Oxonian said:

Haven't posted to the results board yet, but I am also in at Northwestern. The professor who called me (not one of my POIs, which I thought was a little odd, but she was nice!) specifically asked me NOT to say anything to other applicants until Monday because, she said, they can't call everyone they're going to call before then and they don't want everyone who didn't get a call yet freaking out all weekend. But since the beans have already been spilled, I thought I should let everyone know to rest assured that if you didn't get a call today it's not a surefire rejection.

Congrats!!! Also, time to change Northwestern in your signature to green :)