2020 Canadian SLP Thread

7 hours ago, melspeaks said:

Congrats! Do you mind posting your stats, and the first letter of your last name?

Sure! 

First letter of last name: W

subGPA: 3.89

Prerequisites: 4.0

I also did a masters of arts in linguistics with a 4.0

Volunteer hours: 343 with children, 38 with adults with aphasia 

My letters of recommendation I imagine were very strong because they were written by the SLP that supervised me for 343 hours and my masters supervisor with whom I had taking 7 courses. 

Finally all the hard work has paid off ? best of luck to everyone with the acceptances to come :)

Hey everyone!

Huge congratulations to all those getting accepted/waitlisted, I know how tough the application/waiting process is. 

I'm currently in my first year @U of A (and I'm loving it!!) - if anyone has any questions at all please feel free to message me :) 

Ps. - If you don't get in this time around, KEEP TRYING. This is an amazing profession, it will be SO worth it in the end. 

2 minutes ago, slpbc said:

Hey everyone!

Huge congratulations to all those getting accepted/waitlisted, I know how tough the application/waiting process is. 

I'm currently in my first year @U of A (and I'm loving it!!) - if anyone has any questions at all please feel free to message me :) 

Ps. - If you don't get in this time around, KEEP TRYING. This is an amazing profession, it will be SO worth it in the end. 

Hey! Congrats on being in the program and I'm glad to hear that you love it :) Do you have any idea of how much the waitlist moved in your class? 

Hey guys! I got an email today from the U of A portal (about 3pm mountain time) and I got the official acceptance letter and now have the option to accept or decline the offer. Is this the same for everyone else? Hopefully this now means that more spots will open up for anyone on the waitlist once people start declining offers! Good luck to everyone!

Cheers

11 hours ago, v.lee said:

Hey guys! I got an email today from the U of A portal (about 3pm mountain time) and I got the official acceptance letter and now have the option to accept or decline the offer. Is this the same for everyone else? Hopefully this now means that more spots will open up for anyone on the waitlist once people start declining offers! Good luck to everyone!

Cheers

I received an email from Vicki saying I was accepted to U of A but my portal still hasn't updated it says pre screening so I don't have the option to accept or decline the offer. Is this the same for anyone else thats been accepted?

39 minutes ago, soontobslp said:

I received an email from Vicki saying I was accepted to U of A but my portal still hasn't updated it says pre screening so I don't have the option to accept or decline the offer. Is this the same for anyone else thats been accepted?

Mine hasn't updated yet either. 

23 hours ago, slpbc said:

Hey everyone!

Hey! Thanks for reaching out! I'm wondering if you could tell me what building on campus most of your classes are held in at UofA. Thanks! :)

21 hours ago, speedyspeechy said:

Hi everyone! Did anyone get a call or an email from McGill today?

I don't know if this is really how it works, but I'm kind of assuming that if I don't hear today, that it's going to be a no ? 

15 hours ago, v.lee said:

Cheers

Hi!

Congratulations!! Did you reply to the first acceptance email they had sent on Monday? Or send them updated transcripts or anything like that? I received the acceptance email on Monday but not the follow up that you received!

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, slp.dreamer said:

Hey! Thanks for reaching out! I'm wondering if you could tell me what building on campus most of your classes are held in at UofA. Thanks! :)

Corbett Hall, right next to the U of A Hospital :)  We occasionally have classes/interdisciplinary sessions in ECHA (Edmonton Clinic Health Academy) as well, but the majority are in Corbett. 

Does anyone know if COVID-19 will affect any dates for acceptances/rejections/etc.? Just wondering, because I've heard that all the schools/faculties are pretty much shutting down (and parents may need to stay home if they have children because those schools are canceled too), so I was thinking there may be some sort of delay? I hope not, but I also don't know when the universities officially make their decisions/submit them to ORPAS.

40 minutes ago, GenerationSpeechie said:

Does anyone know if COVID-19 will affect any dates for acceptances/rejections/etc.? Just wondering, because I've heard that all the schools/faculties are pretty much shutting down (and parents may need to stay home if they have children because those schools are canceled too), so I was thinking there may be some sort of delay? I hope not, but I also don't know when the universities officially make their decisions/submit them to ORPAS.

apparently the administration is still there and I applied to the states and they sent an email out saying it won’t delay anything so i’m guessing it’s the same here ?