Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

11 hours ago, patricia25 said:

School: LSU

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/15/2019

Type of invite: Preliminary phone interview before deciding on list of applicants for in-person interview 

Interview date(s): TBD

Could you please post or DM me your POI?

Edited by MiddleOfSomeCalibrations

2 hours ago, MiddleOfSomeCalibrations said:

I applied to Harvard. Based on what I read on old threads on TGC, I don't think Harvard does an "interview weekend/day" like other schools do? Their application deadline also *just* passed a couple days ago.

Yes, I didn't even pay attention enough to realize their deadline wasn't the 1st of Dec, so I submitted then lol. I just assumed that interview weekend or not there would be an interview over skype at the very least. Who did you apply to work with? How are you feeling about it. Harvard is the one that seems to send out invites for interview and admission decisions the latest out of everywhere I have applied to. 

12 minutes ago, Kris123 said:

Yes, I didn't even pay attention enough to realize their deadline wasn't the 1st of Dec, so I submitted then lol. I just assumed that interview weekend or not there would be an interview over skype at the very least. Who did you apply to work with? How are you feeling about it. Harvard is the one that seems to send out invites for interview and admission decisions the latest out of everywhere I have applied to. 

Well it's Harvard so I'm not optimistic about my chances, but it's a good match for my specific research interests, as well as my career goals (academia/research, NOT clinical practice), so I figured I might as well apply. I'll message you my POI.

14 hours ago, psychdoglegal said:

I saw January 24, 2020 for Alabama (Psych and Law). Who did you choose for your POIs? Best of luck!

Yeah I definitely should have checked the website for before posting haha. JC and LK, but I'm not very optimistic about getting an interview. Would be awesome though! Who are you PIs (feel free to PM if you'd rather share that way)?

School: OHSU

Type: PhD

Date of invite: OTHER

Type of invite: I got an emailing stating 

"We have received your completed application to the Clinical Psychology PhD program.  

We are continually looking for ways to improve our admissions process, and we’d love your feedback! If you feel so inclined, please take a moment to complete this brief survey.

Soon, your application will be assigned for review, where it will be evaluated by at least two members of our admissions committee. Expect to receive your admissions decision in mid-December."

Interview date(s): 

On the results page, someone posted that they got an interview invite. Did anyone else receive an email today that they have received your completed app?  

Edited by curiousgeorge221

On 12/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, valgal95 said:

Got an email from the Director! 

School: UT Austin

Type: Counseling Psychology PhD

Date of invite: December 13th 

Type of invite: On campus

Interview date(s): February 7th 

•  

Hi, was this a mass email? Trying to determine if I should count myself out for this program. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, r7a1e1 said:

Can we just talk about how frustrating it is to get emails for the schools you applied to and it ends up just being about general campus information and updates lol like great! thanks! none of this matters unless you let me in! Way to mess with my emotions lol ??

yes!!! Got two emails last night with random update info and my heart stopped both times. Ugh.

34 minutes ago, r7a1e1 said:

Can we just talk about how frustrating it is to get emails for the schools you applied to and it ends up just being about general campus information and updates lol like great! thanks! none of this matters unless you let me in! Way to mess with my emotions lol ??

Honestly at this point I'd accept rejection notices so that I can stop checking those schools 

4 hours ago, Asdfghjkl123 said:

First time applicant here. How are people already getting interviews for 12/1 deadlines? Almost every schools website says decisions will go out January for February interviews. Is it standard to hear this early? Are you supposed to get a phone interview before an in-person interview? 

Welcome to the process! Each school does things differently, so don't take it as a sign that you won't get an interview if you haven't yet! It's still very early, and many of these schools had deadlines before 12/1 so they began evaluating apps sooner. Some also have rolling admissions, so you could get an interview earlier than normal if you submitted your app early. 

Also, it's not necessarily the case that every school has phone/online interviews before in-person ones. Because Clinical Psych is one of the only psych fields that generally doesn't pay for their interviewees to go to interview days, many programs are starting to do phone interviews to weed out the B team before inviting their first picks to interview. Saves on time and money for us! But not all schools do that. If you haven't heard back yet, try not to worry; it really is very early! I applied to 10 programs and only 2 have invited me for interviews. You have lots of time! After the holidays I'm sure they'll come rolling in. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions! This is my 3rd time so I'm a seasoned veteran at this point ? Good luck!

On 12/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, tim_gunn said:

School: University of Arkansas

Type: Clinical Psych PhD

Date of invite: 12/16 

Type of invite: Phone call from PI inviting me to interview day, formal invite to come. ~~Very excited~~ 

Interview date(s): Jan 12 -13

Congrats!! May I ask the initials of your PI?