Fall 2020 - Where are you going?

56 minutes ago, neuropsychnerd said:

University of Wisconsin-Madison Clinical Psychology PhD! Super excited :) 

I grew up in Madison and it is just a vibrant city to grow up in and live in! A lot of entertainment, food, sports etc.

University of Iowa 

counseling psychology, PhD

Fall 2020

May be a longshot but if you have also been accepted please reply to this!! I would love to get to know who’s going to be in my cohort! ?

Edited by UIowaFall2020CP

On 3/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, melimoo said:

I've just accepted an offer from University of Miami's Clinical Psych PhD Program (adult track). Feel free to message me if you'll also be attending Miami (or moving to Florida lol) and want to chat! And congrats to everyone -- yay, we're going to grad school!

Are you hating the search for housing in Miami as much as I am? Geez, EVERYTHING is so expensive!

1 hour ago, Randi S said:

Are you hating the search for housing in Miami as much as I am? Geez, EVERYTHING is so expensive!

OMG it's so funny you say that; I actually feel exactly the opposite -- it's so cheap in Miami compared to what I'm used to! I've lived in California for most of my life and am currently in the SF Bay Area so rent in Miami is pretty much half of what we pay on average here in California, yikes lol 

Obviously it's still not 'cheap' in Miami by any means, esp. considering the low stipends for most of these programs, but compared to other major cities with research universities (Bay Area and LA in CA, Boston, NY, Chicago, Austin, etc) I think it's not actually that bad! AND the airport is actually accessible/has some decently priced direct flights to the West Coast soooo that's also nice!

Edited by melimoo

7 hours ago, melimoo said:

compared to other major cities with research universities (Bay Area and LA in CA, Boston, NY, Chicago, Austin, etc) 

So true.  I'm coming from the Midwest, and what I pay $900 for here is well over $2000 in the less expensive parts of Miami. I have friends out in Cali and in NYC and I would never want to pay those rents! I'm glad it's a positive for you!

On 3/16/2020 at 5:45 AM, Musicalowl said:

Eastern Michigan University

Clinical Psychology, PhD

Fall 2020

Reach out if you will be there or at the other amazing institutions in/near Ann Arbor!

I saw in your footer that you got into PGSP-Stanford - congrats! When did you interview and hear back?

19 hours ago, psycali said:

I saw in your footer that you got into PGSP-Stanford - congrats! When did you interview and hear back?

I interviewed January 27th and just heard back with an acceptance 2 days ago! I liked interviewing there but it is not really possible for me to afford to pay for school in addition to pay for the cost of living in Palo Alto so I will be rejecting their offer, but it is a great school. I hope you hear back with good news!