2021 Applicants

I was the person asking about UNebraska on results.. wanted to move my question here, because it might be less annoying. 

I am not sure which portal to check for my status or if it posts on ApplyWeb (does anyone else have a school app on here + know how to view results?). I also checked the MyRed app and I can't see anything. I'm assuming it's a rejection as I haven't heard and the app date was 12/1 - but I can't find the letter! (a more optimistic version of me would think waitlist, haha). 

If anyone knows about this school or has results from them I would super appreciate it :) 

4 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

Reached out to Notre Dame just to see if there was an estimated date they might send out more decisions. I received a nice email back from the grad coordinator stating that I was within the top 10 applicants of 20th c British and Irish literature! She said she expects she'll have more concrete news by "the middle of next week." I'm hoping for another waitlist, at least! 

congrats omg thats amazing!!! what a nice thing to hear today! 

4 hours ago, clara salmon said:

Yay! Hope you get great news next week!!

2 hours ago, dogeared said:

congrats omg thats amazing!!! what a nice thing to hear today! 

thank you!!! It was somewhat uplifting :)

11 hours ago, brockdenbrown802 said:

hahaha - happy to read the tea leaves with you. I'm (primarily) an Americanist with a large focus on the nineteenth-century and American Gothic novels - however, I also write on adaptation that takes me into other periods (traditional forms of adaptation and emerging - fanfiction,etc.)

I actually have really appreciated the schools that just email the rejection. I don't mind the portal logins, but every second of extra anxiety counts! lol! 

I see rejections posted by CUNY, but I didn't get one yet?! Waves of rejection? 
But anyway, haha, to join the reading of tea leaves... I'm interested in the relationship between films/ popular culture and queer feminist theory regarding questions of desire and fantasy. My focus is desire, and its uneasy relationship with "politics," using an archive of films (and debates around them), cultural blow ups and queer feminist theory. 

I applied to CUNY and have not received any communication from the department. According to the decisions forum, rejections were sent out, but my application still says “submitted.” I’ve tried reaching out to the program but have received no response. Looking at the history of CUNY decisions, this seems to happen to a few people each year. Has this happened to anyone (or is this currently happening to anyone) on here, and if so, can you share what happened? Were you waitlisted? Were you accepted? Or were you, unfortunately, rejected much later?

Hi @Shake829, this is the case for me as well, and I know at least three other people over in the 2021 Applicants thread mentioned that they haven't received any updates either! I'm afraid I don't have much information to share, but I can definitely affirm that you aren't alone. 

okay so i just got an acceptance e-mail from alberta's ma program. anyone have any solid information about their funding package? they are offering me 20k for the first year (scholarship), but it says i'd have to reapply next year for funding. since i cannot go if i do not have guaranteed funding for two years, this is kind of bittersweet. also, would i still have to pay tuition? i'm really confused. the letter says i should get back to them by march 19, which is also too soon imo. 

i'd be happy if anyone had any info on this!

2 minutes ago, silk said:

okay so i just got an acceptance e-mail from alberta's ma program. anyone have any solid information about their funding package? they are offering me 20k for the first year (scholarship), but it says i'd have to reapply next year for funding. since i cannot go if i do not have guaranteed funding for two years, this is kind of bittersweet. also, would i still have to pay tuition? i'm really confused. the letter says i should get back to them by march 19, which is also too soon imo. 

i'd be happy if anyone had any info on this!

Congrats! 

If it were me, I’d probably seek clarifications from them directly. Good luck!

Image.jpeg

I know technically the acceptance into the MA program makes this an acceptance letter, but has anyone ever told Fordham that--although admittedly humorous--it's somewhat tone-deaf to include an overlay of celebratory streamers and confetti when rejecting someone from a PhD program.

And as someone who just posted an edited decision page as a joke, I wanna be clear: this is not a joke or an edited photo, it's actually what their decision letter looks like.

Edited by SirGhostus

1 minute ago, SirGhostus said:

Image.jpeg

I know technically the acceptance into the MA program makes this an acceptance letter, but has anyone ever told Fordham that--although admittedly humorous--it's somewhat tone-deaf to include an overlay of celebratory streamers and confetti when rejecting someone from a PhD program.

And as someone who just posted an edited decision page as a joke, I wanna be clear: this is not a joke or an edited photo, it's actually what their decision letter looks like.

christ this is comedically tone-deaf... 

sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that dumpster fire

30 minutes ago, SirGhostus said:

Image.jpeg

Wow, that's something else... You'll probably be laughing about this in a couple of days

My UT Austin app status page now says “Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.” I’m assuming that doesn’t mean anything, but because I’m bored/anxious, wanted to see if y’all’s status page says the same thing? 

8 minutes ago, R Westy said:

My UT Austin app status page now says “Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.” I’m assuming that doesn’t mean anything, but because I’m bored/anxious, wanted to see if y’all’s status page says the same thing? 

Mine has said this for a long time (v early in January). From what I’ve gathered it doesn’t really mean anything.

1 minute ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

Mine has said this for a long time (v early in January). From what I’ve gathered it doesn’t really mean anything.

Oh interesting. Before today mine always just said “Your application is in review.” Same meaning just a slightly differently worded message. I hate how all the application systems do little glitchy things that stress me out. 

28 minutes ago, R Westy said:

Oh interesting. Before today mine always just said “Your application is in review.” Same meaning just a slightly differently worded message. I hate how all the application systems do little glitchy things that stress me out. 

Okay, but mine doesn't say that, tho. It's still at In Review. ?

6 minutes ago, missmarianne said:

Okay, but mine doesn't say that, tho. It's still at In Review. ?

I’m pretty sure this is not a bad sign— at least that’s what I gathered from the trawling through various posts I did when I got the update. Wishing the best for all of us ??

Edited by queenofcarrotflowers

still waiting on penn state, university of rhode island, SUNY Albany, Florida State, and University of Florida. anyone else waiting for any of these, too? I applied for a mix of media studies phds and english, but I'm wondering how to approach next year's application cycle. I'm 22, finishing up my MFA at Miami OH, and have little experience in terms of conferences and publications that aren't creative/film based. how do y'all blend your interests into programs that are alllllmost the right fit, without having to reframe your experience?

this is all to say, I am tired.

Just finished speaking with the DGS from OSU. Did not get a fellowship, unfortunately. However, we went over stipend details and all that. The course load is one per semester, which is great! I'm still waiting on a few more schools, but yes. I'm feeling good about OSU!

3 hours ago, SirGhostus said:

Image.jpeg

WOW!

I am dyinggggg ??

6 minutes ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

Also, I keep seeing people in the results saying that they checked their UCLA application portal, but mine doesn't say anything. How weird. Maybe they haven't finished posting all the rejections, and I'm at the bottom of the list ???

Same! I’ve already crossed it off my list in anticipation of a rejection but it’d be nice to be able to make things official. ?