2021 Applicants

22 hours ago, MariusTheEpicurean said:

I just turned down acceptances at CUNY, UT Austin, and University of Tulsa. Hoping this helps someone! I'm having mixed feelings about it all, but I'm relieved that this chapter is over. 

If you don't mind me asking, what are your areas of focus?

18 hours ago, maddykrob said:

I know Penn State has been historically bad with response times, but have they ever been this bad?

Right?! It seems pretty rude to make people pay a stupid amount of money just to never hear back... I just emailed them again to ask what's going on.

I have been accepted off of the UCONN waitlist. Very excited for this! For anyone still waiting, I turned down the offer of funding. I am already teaching FT in the community college system on the tenure track. Hopefully, this means another funded spot will open. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lantern said:

Is this normal if I still have not heard anything from a program I applied to in December? It's a US program so I assume they go by the 4/15 deadline...

No, I think you should reach out ASAP. All initial decisions should be made by now (though there were posts here recently about Penn State abhorrently doing rolling admissions).

I finally got rejected from Penn State. How freaking ridiculous. So disrespectful to other programs for taking this long. I can't believe I waited this long for them before making a final decision. I should've accepted at OSU literally a month ago. But whatever. I AM PROUD TO BE #BUCKEYEBOUND! 

My season has formally ended with a rejection from UNLV yesterday. I have signed with UCSD for Literatures in English! Thank you for all the encouragement and camaraderie and just the overall open-heartedness here. I wish everyone the best--those who are off to grad school and those applying next year. Now the real work begins ?

6a/7r