2021 Applicants

2 minutes ago, Shake829 said:

From what I saw on the results page, someone was told that Syracuse would be sending results this week. But watch it not happen . . .

LOL honestly I'd bet money that we don't hear A PEEP from Rochester, Syracuse or UCSB this week. They're either just trying to appease us with false promises or they don't have their collective shits together. In both cases, I AM NOT AMUSED.

...also me secretly hoping that by putting this statement into the world, the app decision gods will look favorably upon us...

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

LOL honestly I'd bet money that we don't hear A PEEP from Rochester, Syracuse or UCSB this week. They're either just trying to appease us with false promises or they don't have their collective shits together. In both cases, I AM NOT AMUSED.

...also me secretly hoping that by putting this statement into the world, the app decision gods will look favorably upon us...

I think is Syracuse is one of the few schools that has not made any decisions at all. (Unless those who were admitted do not post to Gradcafe). 

I think Rochester is just trolling at this point.  That supposed one-two day wait is going on to a week!

I didn’t apply to Santa Barbara, so I have no input on this one! But Fordham is the another that I’m waiting on. 

Guys, my app in UofR's portal is still in review. This is driving me crazy! Every day I come up with a different theory, is it because I applied on the day of the deadline? Is it because I am an international applicant and my country is the #1 threat to the world with a new variant of the virus because of our crazy ass negationist president? I don't know anything anymore...

24 minutes ago, Shake829 said:

I think is Syracuse is one of the few schools that has not made any decisions at all. (Unless those who were admitted do not post to Gradcafe). 

I think Rochester is just trolling at this point.  That supposed one-two day wait is going on to a week!

I didn’t apply to Santa Barbara, so I have no input on this one! But Fordham is the another that I’m waiting on. 

Also still waiting on Fordham! I saw acceptances a while back, which makes me nervous, but I'm beginning to wonder what's up! 

37 minutes ago, sabelat said:

Guys, my app in UofR's portal is still in review. This is driving me crazy! Every day I come up with a different theory, is it because I applied on the day of the deadline? Is it because I am an international applicant and my country is the #1 threat to the world with a new variant of the virus because of our crazy ass negationist president? I don't know anything anymore...

I wouldn't read too much into your situation! I also got my app in right under the wire. Idk I think they're just procrastinating... I find the whole system really odd and I doubt they would keep half of the applicants in suspense "just because."

37 minutes ago, sabelat said:

Sending you love and support! I'm also an international student with many theories about why I haven't heard back from certain programs. Maybe they have some secret invisible waitlists, who knows. At this point I just don't care anymore (jk, I still do care lol). 

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

I wouldn't read too much into your situation! I also got my app in right under the wire. Idk I think they're just procrastinating... I find the whole system really odd and I doubt they would keep half of the applicants in suspense "just because."

2 minutes ago, Magic Lantern said:

Sending you love and support! I'm also an international student with many theories about why I haven't heard back from certain programs. Maybe they have some secret invisible waitlists, who knows. At this point I just don't care anymore (jk, I still do care lol). 

Thanks for the support!! I try not to care but it is always on the back of my head. This forum helps a lot during the wait

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

OKAY NOW IT'S RIDICULOUS. 

Did anyone else look at the U Rochester portal to find not just one hyperlink that says "Decision Released," BUT TWO?! Both go nowhere. I let out a scary laugh when I saw it.

I WAS JUST COMING TO ASK THIS LMAO

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

OKAY NOW IT'S RIDICULOUS. 

Did anyone else look at the U Rochester portal to find not just one hyperlink that says "Decision Released," BUT TWO?! Both go nowhere. I let out a scary laugh when I saw it.

I can’t help but wonder if they waitlisted but then changed their mind LOL

1 minute ago, Shake829 said:

I can’t help but wonder if they waitlisted but then changed their mind LOL

I wonder if they're playing with us because we're the two who reached out to them LOL. Obviously just kidding BUT DAMN THIS IS MEAN.

Just now, Lighthouse Lana said:

I wonder if they're playing with us because we're the two who reached out to them LOL. Obviously just kidding BUT DAMN THIS IS MEAN.

I just imagine them sitting together and one saying, “Hey, you know what would be funny? If we put two empty decision portals instead of one!!” 

19 minutes ago, sabelat said:

OH WELL, I just got a rejection with the offer for the MA program. At least I have an answer! And the portal was never updated, still says in review over there. I hope you guys get in!

That explains things. Congrats!

2 hours ago, brockdenbrown802 said:

Also still waiting on Fordham! I saw acceptances a while back, which makes me nervous, but I'm beginning to wonder what's up! 

I just found a rejection on my portal. No email though. You should check for an update, too. Good luck :)

15 hours ago, Shake829 said:

I just found a rejection on my portal. No email though. You should check for an update, too. Good luck :)

haha, thank you!! The email from Gradcafe was below a notification from Fordham.

Also rejected, but like... credit to whoever wrote that rejection email, lol. 

2 waitlists for me this season - staying positive, both programs I am really invested in! If not, next year it is.

Good luck everyone!!!

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

...or not lol

I’ve given up at this point lol. It’ll come when we don’t expect it to. 

I feel that a rejection is coming. But it seems that they’re just separating rejections based on who has an MA and who doesn’t, as all the rejections so far have been referred to their MA program. I assume that all who haven’t heard back yet have an MA. 

Anyone have any insight on the whole secret waitlist thing? I applied to one PhD program in Lit and have heard nothing, but I know they have already sent out both rejections and acceptances. I reached out once and was told I should hear in late March but everyone else heard in early February. Not sure what exactly that means, but it has been suggested that maybe I'm on an unofficial waitlist. Are any of you aware of or familiar with this process? Thanks!