2021 Applicants

3 hours ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Penn State? They are pretty much the last school that I'm really waiting on to make a final decision.

They said they will send out decisions on a rolling basis, which is annoying because we might hear back tomorrow or we might hear back inĀ April!

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Fordham? I know acceptances were sent out but they literally will not just reject me...it was my top choice so it really hurts

56 minutes ago, kitties said:

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Fordham? I know acceptances were sent out but they literally will not just reject me...it was my top choice so it really hurts

I am still waiting as well - based on past years it looks like it might be this week, at least for waitlist/rejections

helloooo MA applicant here. anyone have any insight into the quality of UCIā€™s MA? I know the PhDĀ is v competitive, and it sounds like masters students have access to the same faculty, but I also know programs can differ big time between PhD and MA.Ā Iā€™d love to hear from anyone w any insight into the MA program specifically

Is anyone else still waiting on any response from Albany? Another case of seeing both rejections, acceptances, and waitlists on the Results page, but nothing over here. Tempted to email but I don't know if I truly care enough and/or have the energy lol

Just got an email titled "From the Office of Admissions" and I almost choked when I saw the notification...

It was just a spam message from a school I signed up to get notifications from, but didn't end up applying to.

They should be FORBIDDEN from sending out stuff like that during response/rejection/dejectionĀ season. SERIOUSLY.

I'm still waiting on two schools but am about ready to give up on them ever getting back to me. I submitted my applications the third week of October, so this wait has felt interminable.Ā 

11 minutes ago, mashatheicebear said:

Just got an email titled "From the Office of Admissions" and I almost choked when I saw the notification...

It was just a spam message from a school I signed up to get notifications from, but didn't end up applying to.

They should be FORBIDDEN from sending out stuff like that during response/rejection/dejectionĀ season. SERIOUSLY.

I'm still waiting on two schools but am about ready to give up on them ever getting back to me. I submitted my applications the third week of October, so this wait has felt interminable.Ā 

Dude, same! It reminded me of last year (after being shut out) when one of the schools I got rejected from accidentallyĀ sent me a welcome letter to their school. Bad form! ?

I totally feel your pain, though. Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of this brutal cycle!

Got an email from Rutgers asking me to complete a survey. Does thisĀ mean anything? Guess not lol.Ā 

Ā 

p.s. This survey is actually asking for a lot of personal information. Is this a scam? Did anyone else receive it?Ā 

Edited by Magic Lantern

What's the protocol on emailing to ask if there's been any movement on the waitlist? The waitlist email I received (one month ago) was very kind and encouraging, they said they were extremely interested in my application and encouraged me to check back in before accepting a position anywhere else.Ā 

Sooo... it's ok to give them a nudge and be like "heyyyyyyy do you want me yet?" right?Ā ?

36 minutes ago, A Small Raven said:

For the love of god, is UC Santa Barbara planning on releasing their decisions sometime this year?!Ā 

RIGHT?! I asked when we might expect decisions and they said this week, but I'm sitting here at the end of the week and I'm not so sure...

So I checked U Rochester's portal and it says "Decision Released," but when I click on it it says "There is no update to your application status to report." WHAT MIND GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME? Anyone else get this???

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

RIGHT?! I asked when we might expect decisions and they said this week, but I'm sitting here at the end of the week and I'm not so sure...

Seriouslyyyyy like what is the hold up people? Pretty positive we're not getting those answers this week, but this is just getting crazy!

20 minutes ago, sadevilminion said:

Finally got rejected from Austin. More like ASSTIN. JK that's my dream school, RIP

Just laughed out loud at this while dealing with my own rejection. Lucky for me that rejection hit in the middle of my therapy appointment and my therapist had also been rejected from UT Austin one time and was all "HOW DARE THEY REJECT US"

How are y'all all so good-natured about this? I cry every time. The jokes only come later.Ā 

1 hour ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

So I checked U Rochester's portal and it says "Decision Released," but when I click on it it says "There is no update to your application status to report." WHAT MIND GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME? Anyone else get this???

Just checkedā€”same. Weā€™ll probably get the answer by the end of today. Good luck :)

1 hour ago, missmarianne said:

Just laughed out loud at this while dealing with my own rejection. Lucky for me that rejection hit in the middle of my therapy appointment and my therapist had also been rejected from UT Austin one time and was all "HOW DARE THEY REJECT US"

How are y'all all so good-natured about this? I cry every time. The jokes only come later.Ā 

Everyone grieves differently I guess.Ā I spent more time crying earlier in the season and now Iā€™m p numb to it all.Ā I have a job at a cafe that I really like and live in a town where I have cultivated a lot of friendships, so Iā€™m like,Ā well itā€™s not like Iā€™m in a totally horribleĀ situation...Ā I was sort of scared of the workload of a PhD anyway so I guess this is kind of a crappyĀ reprieve?Ā I applied to 14 schools and got fully rejected from all of them, though, which is a first for me for college/grad school apps. Cheers to breaking records! Wheeeeeeee!!!!

5 hours ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

Mine is still "under review". I've opened the portal so many times that I get the feeling they never even opened my application, because the massage hasĀ beenĀ the same for so longĀ now hahah

8 minutes ago, NervousYolk said:

I've got almost 2 weeks worth of depression meals prepped in the fridge and ready to go for when my mental health inevitably falls apart from the shut outĀ ?

I also come from an 1st generation immigrant family, so I was taught that I did not deserve to cry for personal failures because everything awful is all my fault hahahaha hooray for repressed generational trauma

gmLMZGClqJHYfFpjxQmk_VUy4Eima4Go86_LbjubaOk.jpg.aed6e7431efbc1c2a7b7d1df084df1b6.jpg

Bahahaha at Plankton. That is so smart that you had your depression meals ready to go. I was in the hospital in October and that wasĀ my depression pro-tip the entire time. Meal-prep, clean preemptively, and have a bag packed in case you need to go to the hospital when your life falls apart!Ā ??Ā 

I would not stress so much about the protocol if they told you that they were that interested in your candidacy. However, I also believe it's far too soon to ask them that unless you have another offer you are also interested in. People have time until the middle of April to decide after all and some folks might not have even heard of some of the programs they applied to because of COVID...