Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

5 minutes ago, hopefulMSW21 said:

Waitlisted at UofT (last name B), and rejected from UNBC - complete double whammy today lol 

Just out of curiosity, given that there were over 890 applicants for 140 spots at UofT - what are the chances of getting off the waitlist?? 

I'm not one for math, but you'd have to figure at least a solid half of those applicants were outright rejected. Presumably they know that they're not likely to get 140 declines out of the first acceptance batch, so the waitlist probably wouldn't be more than that. It would really be impossible to say without knowing how many people they keep on standby, though.

Still, I wouldn't let that discourage you! Not everyone on the waitlist is going to take the slot if offered, either.

Edited by KnitFlamingo

Hello everyone, 

I just got an email from UofT and my status changed to 'decision made'. I was waitlisted and I emailed them back that I do not want the spot. UofT quoted:  

"This year, the applicant pool was extremely competitive with over 890 applicants and only 140 spots for the incoming cohort. Within this very competitive process, your application has been placed on our Wait-List. 

It has been our experience that a number of accepted candidates withdraw between now and September. As positions become available, the Admissions Committee reviews files on the Wait-List and recommends admission. The Wait-List is not ranked and, therefore, we cannot disclose particulars about your application. However, you will be contacted by email if a space becomes available for you. The Wait-List will be kept open until early September. "

I was accepted to UBCO for clinical social work so I accepted their offer and will be moving to the west cost. All the best everyone and thank you all for being supportive!!

Just now, Bela88 said:

Hello everyone, 

I just got an email from UofT and my status changed to 'decision made'. I was waitlisted and I emailed them back that I do not want the spot. UofT quoted:  

"This year, the applicant pool was extremely competitive with over 890 applicants and only 140 spots for the incoming cohort. Within this very competitive process, your application has been placed on our Wait-List. 

It has been our experience that a number of accepted candidates withdraw between now and September. As positions become available, the Admissions Committee reviews files on the Wait-List and recommends admission. The Wait-List is not ranked and, therefore, we cannot disclose particulars about your application. However, you will be contacted by email if a space becomes available for you. The Wait-List will be kept open until early September. "

I was accepted to UBCO for clinical social work so I accepted their offer and will be moving to the west cost. All the best everyone and thank you all for being supportive!!

Congratulations for UBCO! Also, thanks for sharing the message. Quick question did you apply to the 1 or 2 year MSW at UofT?

Just now, coffeegirl20 said:

Hey! Would you be able to share the letter your last name begins with? Just want an idea of whether or not they've passed me yet! 

last name A but I dont think they are going by that. Its probably a coincidence