Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

8 minutes ago, YouBetterSocialWerk said:

I haven't heard anything, last name O. This level of disorganization is killing me! Really don't want to go into the weekend wondering and hoping...

With you as another last name O person who hasn't heard anything!

Waitlisted for 2 year uoft MSW! Last name T. I was accepted last year (2020) but declined for personal reasons, and waitlisted the year before that (2019). Every year is different! Don’t give up. 

Edited by Jamithy

Last name A and got waitlisted at UofT 2 year MSW today around 4:30pm! I already accepted my previous offer at Western but am curious what is the likelihood of getting off the waitlist at UofT because if I do get in later i may reject my western offer? If anyone who was waitlisted for UofT MSW 2 year could like this comment please, I am curious to how many of us there are! 

Also congrats to those accepted that's soo amazing!! Just curious, what was your experience and final year avgs like? :) 

hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster :) It's been a wild ride waiting for these decisions and I am glad I got to stress over that Decision Made email with you guys. I just wanted to say that I just got waitlisted for UFT, and got accepted into UBC-O for their clinical social work program. So I'll be heading out to the west coast!!

For all those accepting UBC-O, would you guys be interested in starting a facebook group? It'll be my first time moving out of Toronto, so it would be nice to know some familiar faces before I head out :)

Edited by talwass

5 minutes ago, girlwithecurls said:

Last name A and got waitlisted at UofT 2 year MSW today around 4:30pm! I already accepted my previous offer at Western but am curious what is the likelihood of getting off the waitlist at UofT because if I do get in later i may reject my western offer? If anyone who was waitlisted for UofT MSW 2 year could like this comment please, I am curious to how many of us there are! 

Also congrats to those accepted that's soo amazing!! Just curious, what was your experience and final year avgs like? :) 

Congrats! I've been keeping track and so far there have been 22 offers for domestic students & 14 waitlisted for UofT! Hope that helps! 

1 hour ago, xtrahotlatte said:

Does anyone have any insight about when decisions come out for OGS UofT? I thought maybe it would be in my acceptance letter but it's not!

I was hoping it would be in my offer letter as well. From the previous times I applied, the OGS decision was released in June. I was denied admission both times so I'm not sure if OGS decisions for acceptances are released earlier.

Congrats on your offer and hope this helps :) 

U of T has sent out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections yesterday and today. Maybe they're going in waves this year? I know that in previous years they've done acceptances first, waitlist second, and rejections third, but this year has been all over the map it seems. Maybe there will be another wave of acceptances? Orrrrr maybe I just have my head in the clouds lol 

27 minutes ago, talwass said:

hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster :) It's been a wild ride waiting for these decisions and I am glad I got to stress over that Decision Made email with you guys. I just wanted to say that I just got waitlisted for UFT, and got accepted into UBC-O for their clinical social work program. So I'll be heading out to the west coast!!

For all those accepting UBC-O, would you guys be interested in starting a facebook group? It'll be my first time moving out of Toronto, so it would be nice to know some familiar faces before I head out :)

Yes I am in the same boat as you, I’m moving from Toronto as well. I believe there is one more person here who is going to UBCO. I will send you a private message. 

2 minutes ago, amesyall said:

U of T has sent out acceptances, waitlists, and rejections yesterday and today. Maybe they're going in waves this year? I know that in previous years they've done acceptances first, waitlist second, and rejections third, but this year has been all over the map it seems. Maybe there will be another wave of acceptances? Orrrrr maybe I just have my head in the clouds lol 

I am not losing hope quite yet. I feel like there has been just as many waitlists as acceptances...and we did see some rejections today. Maybe it is in waves? I will keep telling myself this as well. 

Just got waitlisted for the UofT 2 year MSW. This is my second year getting waitlisted and honestly, I'm hurt and surprised at the decision. I have almost exactly the same grade/amount of experience as someone who got in. I understand it's a lot of work for them to give individual feedback, but I really wish I knew what could've made the difference between me getting in or getting waitlisted.

Hey y'all! Long time lurker - honestly, you guys really cracked me up this whole time, thank you for that - just as an FYI to everyone: got waitlisted at the U of T 2year MSW program at 5:36 PM. Last name E. 

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted and best of luck!! To everyone else - waitlisted or rejected - I definitely feel a bit of a "back to the drawing board" but I'm also remaining hopeful that if I don't get in this year, things will work out for me. :)

I'm also an "older" applicant - 33 years old with lots of work experience but mainly in research/policy, with some on the grounds volunteer work.