Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 hour ago, MSWDreamin said:

Hey all - for those who have accepted U of T, I'm just wondering if anyone has received a reply from admissions confirming receipt of the signed documents. Can you tell these things make me anxious LOL!

I haven’t! I also send in my deposit and my account says (refundable credit 500) so I’m confused. ? when did you email your confirmation? I did mine Friday evening so maybe it takes time? 

9 minutes ago, Emilys1024 said:

Wondering the same thing ? Are you on the 2-year waitlist too?

2 year Windsor wait list here - wondering the same thing. I think theres definitely going to be some movement as other schools release their results. As people accept to these other schools they'll be rejecting offers from Windsor as I believe for some, it is the back up school. Only time will tell

35 minutes ago, 1996Msw2021 said:

I haven’t! I also send in my deposit and my account says (refundable credit 500) so I’m confused. ? when did you email your confirmation? I did mine Friday evening so maybe it takes time? 

I did on Friday morning! I'm thinking they are getting a ton of emails so I will just be patient hahah 

Just now, scarey said:

2 year Windsor wait list here - wondering the same thing. I think theres definitely going to be some movement as other schools release their results. As people accept to these other schools they'll be rejecting offers from Windsor as I believe for some, it is the back up school. Only time will tell

Been checking multiple times a day... It's the only place I applied to because I did it on a whim but I'm still surprised I got waitlisted because it's my first time applying. Fingers crossed!

On 4/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, patientlyimpatient said:

Has anyone heard anything from the UBC-O Foundational MSW program?

Yes! I received my offer March 29. Last I’ve heard from them is that they have an internal waitlist, but they don’t really let applicants know. 

On 4/9/2021 at 3:54 PM, talwass said:

hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster :) It's been a wild ride waiting for these decisions and I am glad I got to stress over that Decision Made email with you guys. I just wanted to say that I just got waitlisted for UFT, and got accepted into UBC-O for their clinical social work program. So I'll be heading out to the west coast!!

For all those accepting UBC-O, would you guys be interested in starting a facebook group? It'll be my first time moving out of Toronto, so it would be nice to know some familiar faces before I head out :)

Hi!!! Can I please join the group as well? 

Hi Everyone!

I’ve accepted my offer to UBC Okanagan a few weeks ago and would love to connect with other students who are starting the program this September!

UBC was my top choice university as I was really impressed by its clinical social work curriculum and how its practicum opportunities were mainly centred around sites in Western Canada. 

This is my first year applying for graduate programs and I honestly didn’t think I would’ve been accepted at all because of how competitive this admissions cycle has been, but I’m glad it all worked out! 

For those of you who was applied to Laurier’s is one year MSW program, did you have to hand in your application earlier than previous years? I know that they informed 1 year applicants later than normal this year, and I’m wondering if that will be the case for the 2 year applicants even though applications had to be in earlier then usual. 

27 minutes ago, jessjae2021 said:

For those of you who was applied to Laurier’s is one year MSW program, did you have to hand in your application earlier than previous years? I know that they informed 1 year applicants later than normal this year, and I’m wondering if that will be the case for the 2 year applicants even though applications had to be in earlier then usual. 

I applied to the 2 year, but they told us at the info session that applications for both streams were due the same day. It also showed the Dec 1 deadline for both on the website.

1 hour ago, FrostyMoon said:

Hi Everyone!

I’ve accepted my offer to UBC Okanagan a few weeks ago and would love to connect with other students who are starting the program this September!

UBC was my top choice university as I was really impressed by its clinical social work curriculum and how its practicum opportunities were mainly centred around sites in Western Canada. 

This is my first year applying for graduate programs and I honestly didn’t think I would’ve been accepted at all because of how competitive this admissions cycle has been, but I’m glad it all worked out! 

Hey!!! Let’s connect. I accepted my offer a few weeks ago too!

17 minutes ago, talwass said:

For those heading over to the west coast best coast for UBC-O, I created a group for us to connect :) Perhaps make that big move a little easier. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their admissions!! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/283616669922536/

Awesome! Thanks for setting this up for us. Can’t wait to meet you all in September! ?

2 hours ago, jessjae2021 said:

I asked about this with the hope that it meant we would find out sooner, but the only reason they did that is because they have more applications. I find that anytime I email Laurier with any questions, they never actually answer my question just direct me to the website.

11 minutes ago, viglet said:

Laurier online pt (not advanced standing) applicants, we aren't expected to hear back until late May/early June right?

Yeah! I just checked online. The on-campus full time (regular track) says April for decisions. I am waiting for the on-campus decision!!!! Good luck :)