PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

2 minutes ago, DrPH21 said:

just got accepted to Colorado DrPH (Community Health & Behavior). I interviewed with them on March 3. offer included a very tiny stipend + assistantship + some tuition remission for a few credits.

a bit surprised actually, still processing the offer haha. supposedly they accept 2-3 per cohort

Congratulations!!!

2 hours ago, Epid_2021 said:

Anybody heard from Tulane PhD epi ?

Nope, nothing. I wonder if they're trying to see who accepts and doesn't so that they can reallocate funding (they're one of those schools with set long-term funding). That being said, has anyone openly been rejected? Cause that could add more context here...

1 hour ago, ♀HealthMatters said:

Has anyone heard from UMass Amherst for epi? I spoke to my potential advisor in February and nothing 

I didn't apply there but my friend did and she was rejected in early Feb. 

On 2/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, EpiZero63 said:

Hi all! 
Decided to stop lurking and contribute. ? I applied to PhD at the following:

UCSD-SDSU epidemiology - silence 

UC Berkeley epidemiology - silence 

UCDavis public health sciences - silence 

UCSF epidemiology - silence 

Stanford epidemiology and translational sciences - silence 

Brown epidemiology - rejected 12/4 

UCLA epidemiology - silence 

University of Washington Public health genetics - silence 

UMD epidemiology - silence 

George Washington University Global Public health science - silence 

anyone with any info on these will help drop my blood pressure from very high to high. ?

Hi there! Have you heard anything from UCSD SDSU program? I applied for the Epi program too. 

On 2/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, CatMeow1234 said:

I haven’t heard anything from UCSD-SDSU (Health Behavior) either.

Hi! Have you heard anything from UCSD SDSU? I applied for the Epi program. 

Edited by DDJ

10 hours ago, DDJ said:

Hi there! Have you heard anything from UCSD SDSU program? I applied for the Epi program too. 

No I haven’t heard anything since application complete email. Hopefully we hear soon, good luck to us both!

14 hours ago, DDJ said:

Hi! Have you heard anything from UCSD SDSU? I applied for the Epi program. 

4 hours ago, EpiZero63 said:

No I haven’t heard anything since application complete email. Hopefully we hear soon, good luck to us both!

Same for HB track but I imagine very soon since the April 15 standard decision date is approaching soon - good luck!!!!

On 3/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, ♀HealthMatters said:

Has anyone heard from UMass Amherst for epi? I spoke to my potential advisor in February and nothing 

Yes, I was accepted to UMass Amherst for Epi via email about a portal change on Feb 20th! I'd reach out to the faculty - they have been responsive to email! Fingers crossed for you!

On 3/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, Epid_2021 said:

Anybody heard from Tulane PhD epi ?

Yep,  just rejected! I didn't interview and my research interests really did not align. I hope you hear some good news! 

Anyone else laughing at some of these generic emails from schools? Just got a "Join us for a Virtual Open House" general email from Northeastern's Grad School. Applied back in November and heard nothing back (assumed rejection since the acceptances went out) and now this email. This process can be so strange, you have to laugh sometimes!

1 hour ago, cs4152008 said:

Anyone else laughing at some of these generic emails from schools? Just got a "Join us for a Virtual Open House" general email from Northeastern's Grad School. Applied back in November and heard nothing back (assumed rejection since the acceptances went out) and now this email. This process can be so strange, you have to laugh sometimes!

What program did you apply to?