PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

29 minutes ago, decolonizehealth said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection or waitlist response from Berkeley DrPH? I know acceptances went out at least a month ago so I've been expecting a rejection but haven't gotten any response at all and my portal hasn't been updated...

No yet, but I had a friend who got interviewed and accepted ( Early February). 
He has a chance till the mid of April either to accept or reject their offer . 

Their E-mail in December says will get a reply by mid of March. And June 1st for those who have been waitlisted 

1 hour ago, decolonizehealth said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection or waitlist response from Berkeley DrPH? I know acceptances went out at least a month ago so I've been expecting a rejection but haven't gotten any response at all and my portal hasn't been updated...

Did they? I heard from the program that they’ll send out decisions in the first two weeks of March. 

Edited by niram

16 minutes ago, KetchupandMayo said:

I have a questions regarding dissertation topics. Since submitting my application, my interest of topic has changed. How do I handle this in the interview? Speak to what I submitted in my application? Or share my new interest? Please advice. Thank you! 

I wouldn't tell them that you've changed research interests, considering you're trying to convince the adcom/POI that you're incredibly dedicated to your research topic! And it could make it harder for them to pair you with a POI.

11 hours ago, EpiNYC said:

Just got my last decision back (UCLA ID EPI)! 4/4 rejections. Time to start prepping for the next application cycle.. lol

As much as it stings, I'm allowing myself just 5 minutes to feel down. To those who are in the same boat, as much as we hate to hear it, it's a pretty random process. On paper, I would have a pretty competitive application (20 peer reviewed articles, several first author publications, 5+ years of professional experience, led some workgroups in collab. with CDC, great LORs, decent grades), but alas it all comes down to right time, right place. ?

Dang!! With all that on paper?! Tough luck! But I think I’m going to be on the same boat ? down to my last four decisions..

7 hours ago, FDawg said:

Just got my official letter of acceptance to Tulane Epi. My only acceptance/13 applications. So excited and relieved. Full funding and stipend email package followed. Accepting the offer now. Other Tulane epis, let's connect!

Congrats!!!

10 hours ago, ProspectivePhD said:

I emailed the UCB Epid department manager last week and she apologized for the delay & that they were hoping to release decisions this week....but it's now Friday so hopefully sometime soon.

When I spoke to her, faculty and students last Fall they all emphasized that they don't require interviews so I really don't understand why it's taking so long.

Exactly..... 

10 minutes ago, Bakhasd said:

Yea I am! I’m down to my last four schools so really counting on UCals... ?

Same...UCLA's my dream school since high school. Are you applying for Epi Phd? Really confused why they want me to wait for so long and invite me to their info session talking about funding...I guess I'm on the waitlist lol.

Edited by 2021fall phd

26 minutes ago, 2021fall phd said:

Same...UCLA's my dream school since high school. Are you applying for Epi Phd? Really confused why they want me to wait for so long and invite me to their info session talking about funding...I guess I'm on the waitlist lol.

Oh wow! I really hope you get in! I applied for community health. I haven’t been invited to anything neither. Maybe a bad sign? I saw somewhere some people got results? Not sure.... it’s really just ridiculous how long we have to wait. Just get it over with ya know? 

9 minutes ago, Bakhasd said:

Oh wow! I really hope you get in! I applied for community health. I haven’t been invited to anything neither. Maybe a bad sign? I saw somewhere some people got results? Not sure.... it’s really just ridiculous how long we have to wait. Just get it over with ya know? 

Thank you. Different departments differ much. Yeah I saw some native students received the results this Thursday and Friday. The admission officer said that I will receive the result by the end of next week but I don't know... Officer at UNC also said that all results would be released by the end of this week but nothing happens lol.

2 hours ago, 2021fall phd said:

Thank you. Different departments differ much. Yeah I saw some native students received the results this Thursday and Friday. The admission officer said that I will receive the result by the end of next week but I don't know... Officer at UNC also said that all results would be released by the end of this week but nothing happens lol.

I’m also waiting on UNC as well!! Good luck to us both :) 

If I haven't received any decision from any of my universities for electrical PhD yet, does that mean I should assume rejection? I am international applicant with a high GRE and two publications. Also, for anyone who got admitted at university of Michigan, did you have an Interview first?