PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

40 minutes ago, Ajrw said:

I have not. I was told in my interview it would be this week but I think that was a mistake. Another candidate who interviewed was told the committee would meet this week and announcements would go out mid march. It looks like that aligns with last year from previous years so I'm buckling up for another week or two.

Thank you

2 hours ago, bluejayfang said:

Welcome! I applied to the DrPH program with expressed interest in global health, but I haven't heard anything at all. Another post mentioned being interviewed in Feb by a two faculty members (one each from environ and global health). But that's the only interview that I have seen here. 

Hi!  I got interview in Feb by two faculty members. Not sure how they selected candidates. they said they will contact right ones before mid-March. 

22 hours ago, Tired_of_waiting_e said:

Has anyone heard back from Hopkins International Health, Human Nutrition track? I was interviewed in late December but haven't heard back since. Going crazy waiting!!!! 

Hi! I also didn't hear anything since the interview but got a response after emailing the International Health Academic Program Manager so definitely recommend sending them an email! (I'm waitlisted for HN btw) 

*note: this person is probably really busy and getting tons of emails like this rn so just something to be mindful of for response time

10 minutes ago, justtopost said:

Hi! I also didn't hear anything since the interview but got a response after emailing the International Health Academic Program Manager so definitely recommend sending them an email! (I'm waitlisted for HN btw) 

*note: this person is probably really busy and getting tons of emails like this rn so just something to be mindful of for response time

Hey!! thanks for letting me know. I have actually been reaching out to them for a few weeks and haven't gotten a response. I have also emailed multiple people.

Wondering how you found out you were waitlisted? through SOPHAS? and when? I'm thinking that since I haven't received anything at this point I didn't get in. Still, I think I at least deserve a formal rejection and it would definitely help me let go of the tiny bit of hope I have ☹️

8 minutes ago, Tired_of_waiting_e said:

Hey!! thanks for letting me know. I have actually been reaching out to them for a few weeks and haven't gotten a response. I have also emailed multiple people.

Wondering how you found out you were waitlisted? through SOPHAS? and when? I'm thinking that since I haven't received anything at this point I didn't get in. Still, I think I at least deserve a formal rejection and it would definitely help me let go of the tiny bit of hope I have ☹️

I'm in the same boat for IH - Health systems track. No response to emails. I was really hopeful because I thought the interview went well but at this point, there's no hope left. 

6 minutes ago, Tired_of_waiting_e said:

Yeah I also wasn't hearing anything from faculty and assumed that I was probably rejected but someone from a different JHSPH dept suggest I try reaching out to the Academic Program Manager and they responded today letting me know that I'm on the waitlist... my JHSPH grad portal isn't updated though (it doesn't say I'm waitlisted and I haven't gotten a letter or anything)

Just now, justtopost said:

Yeah I also wasn't hearing anything from faculty and assumed that I was probably rejected but someone from a different JHSPH dept suggest I try reaching out to the Academic Program Manager and they responded today letting me know that I'm on the waitlist... my JHSPH grad portal isn't updated though (it doesn't say I'm waitlisted and I haven't gotten a letter or anything)

Oh alright- thanks for letting me know! I hope I hear back from the Academic Program Manager soon too. 

8 minutes ago, justtopost said:

I’m in a similar situation for IH - Health Systems. I emailed the Academic Program Manager last week and still no word ?

Just got my last decision back (UCLA ID EPI)! 4/4 rejections. Time to start prepping for the next application cycle.. lol

As much as it stings, I'm allowing myself just 5 minutes to feel down. To those who are in the same boat, as much as we hate to hear it, it's a pretty random process. On paper, I would have a pretty competitive application (20 peer reviewed articles, several first author publications, 5+ years of professional experience, led some workgroups in collab. with CDC, great LORs, decent grades), but alas it all comes down to right time, right place. ?

1 hour ago, Bakhasd said:

Has anyone heard from UCB / UCLA? Interviews or when decisions will be made? 

but all in all, I think this year is bonkers. 

I emailed the UCB Epid department manager last week and she apologized for the delay & that they were hoping to release decisions this week....but it's now Friday so hopefully sometime soon.

When I spoke to her, faculty and students last Fall they all emphasized that they don't require interviews so I really don't understand why it's taking so long.

Edited by ProspectivePhD

On 3/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, KetchupandMayo said:

Thank you! The Advanced practice leadership track. Have you also applied? 

Hi ketchupandMayo, I applied to the laboratory science and practice track.  Best of luck in your interview!