PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

9 minutes ago, Teebi said:

Rejection from JHU for their DrPH program. Congrats for all those who got accepted. It was the only program I applied for. 

So sorry. I hope they will be willing to give you some feedback on your app if you're planning to apply again. Hope you get some time for self care today.

To all of the aspiring DrPHers: My husband graduated last year with a DrPH. While he was a student, he started an org called the DrPH Coalition with classmates and colleagues across different DrPH programs. It's an awesome network of DrPH students and alum. The group aims to build a community of DrPHers, bring awareness to the degree, and advocate for more DrPHers in public health leadership positions. They organize events to hear from leaders with DrPH degrees, among other things. Check it out!

https://drphcoalition.org/

26 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

To all of the aspiring DrPHers: My husband graduated last year with a DrPH. While he was a student, he started an org called the DrPH Coalition with classmates and colleagues across different DrPH programs. It's an awesome network of DrPH students and alum. The group aims to build a community of DrPHers, bring awareness to the degree, and advocate for more DrPHers in public health leadership positions. They organize events to hear from leaders with DrPH degrees, among other things. Check it out!

https://drphcoalition.org/

Love this!!

On 3/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, epipenpal said:

likewise, waiting on UNC epi -no interview or contact. same for UCLA

ps-long time reader, first time posting. good luck to everyone :] 

Which degree are you applying for, PhD or DrPH? Have you gone to the epi info session for UCLA last Monday? I'm also anxiously waiting for these two schools.

Edited by 2021fall phd

Just now, MKDrPH said:

Anyone have insights into funding/support for JHU if no Bloomberg? It is just the full sticker price if not?

That was the impression I got but I think they allow you to take fewer credits at a time if that's more financially manageable. Hoping to find out more at the admitted students event. 

Hi y'all! This is my first time posting. Has anyone here applied for and is waiting to hear back from the Texas A&M University DrPH Environmental and Occupational Health with a concentration in Environmental Health (TAMU DrPH EOH) program 2021-2022 admission cycle?

33 minutes ago, 2021fall phd said:

Which degree are you applying for, PhD or DrPH? Have you gone to the epi info session for UCLA last Monday? I'm also anxiously waiting for these two schools.

hi @2021fall phd, i’ve applied phd at both. no, in fact, I did not know there was an epi info session for ucla last week! 

Anyone here an applicant to GW's DrPH program? What, if any concentration, did you specific and have you heard anything from them? I reached out to admissions about interviews, and the rep informed me that interviews invitations are sent by each program/department.

Hi, all, I was waitlisted by JHU DrPH now. This is the only program I applied this year. Really eager to get in. Anyone knows what I should do next? Or, specifically, what should I write in my email? Thanks to folks in this forum. You guys are helpful and really soul partners along this journey.

1 hour ago, bluejayfang said:

Anyone here an applicant to GW's DrPH program? What, if any concentration, did you specific and have you heard anything from them? I reached out to admissions about interviews, and the rep informed me that interviews invitations are sent by each program/department.

Hey I applied the DrPH with environmental health focus. I had an interview a few weeks ago with the committee members. 

12 minutes ago, EnviroDrPH-PhD said:

Hey I applied the DrPH with environmental health focus. I had an interview a few weeks ago with the committee members. 

This is super helpful! Were the committee members mostly from environmental health or were they from across the school? 

2 hours ago, bluejayfang said:

I applied to GW, but did not select a concentration I just applied for the general Public Health DrPH, as they are updating the curriculum for Fa21.

Also, I haven't heard anything from them, but I didn't think I would until this month based on the email I  got when they received my application. Hopefully we receive decisions within the next 2 weeks though!