PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from the UIC DrPH program or know what their response timeline looks like? I've seen a couple of posts from those that have been interviewed and/or received an acceptance there. This is the only school I have received no communication from since applying and I'm waiting on them to be able to make my final decision on which school to attend.

7 hours ago, DrPH4KK said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from the UIC DrPH program or know what their response timeline looks like? I've seen a couple of posts from those that have been interviewed and/or received an acceptance there. This is the only school I have received no communication from since applying and I'm waiting on them to be able to make my final decision on which school to attend.

I applied and have yet to hear anything...

Hello everyone,

On January I applied to the Urban and regional science PhD at A&M. Somewhere it was stated that I was going to get a response on “late March”. I still got no news: does anybody know if I should do anything else but go on waiting?

thanx for your time

8 hours ago, Raffaele said:

Hello everyone,

On January I applied to the Urban and regional science PhD at A&M. Somewhere it was stated that I was going to get a response on “late March”. I still got no news: does anybody know if I should do anything else but go on waiting?

thanx for your time

Those "expected response times" should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't want to jinx anything but I've been hearing promising news from one school and their graduate program website states that decisions are handed out late March at the latest so I would wait a few more days until week before National Decision Day (April 15th) but even that might be flexible for some schools that are tardy with admissions. Especially since you applied in January vs. Nov-Dec

On 4/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, Epi2021hopeful said:

Has anyone heard back from Vanderbilt Epi waitlist or someone declined their offer? This whole process has been so stressful!! 

I emailed to the faculty interviwed me. And one said that someone has accepted the offer and there was no additional PhD slots at her lab. And another said that the decision letter would come soon. I suspect that I am waiting for a rej lol. Good luck!

On 4/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, MCH_Hopeful_2021 said:

For those still playing the waiting game, how are you holding up?

Not too great! lol  On two waitlists and trying not to get any hope up so I'm not disappointed again but it's hard not to. I'm sure people will start finalizing their decisions soon though and if not, just 10 days left! What about you?

10 minutes ago, DrPH21 said:

Nice! Are you applying to DrPH programs? Hope you got positive news! :) 

Yes! DrPH programs! It's been a decently successful cycle and feeling extremely fortunate! Had to step back from this sub as checking in daily for news and updates was really weighing on my sanity.

But I was ultimately accepted to 5 programs- Drexel included, had to turn down UColorado as they provided a very tight turnaround time. 

Did you commit to a program yet? 

Just now, okiedokieartichoke said:

Yes! DrPH programs! It's been a decently successful cycle and feeling extremely fortunate! Had to step back from this sub as checking in daily for news and updates was really weighing on my sanity.

But I was ultimately accepted to 5 programs- Drexel included, had to turn down UColorado as they provided a very tight turnaround time. 

Did you commit to a program yet? 

Congrats!! Glad for all the acceptances!! I'll message you :) 

I have an interview at University of Arizona tomorrow... 

If I had to guess, maybe I was on some sort of a waitlist and then contacted after an unsuccessful first round, not very sure. Putting this out there more so for folks waiting for this school and thinking all is lost. It definitely is not! 

12 hours ago, PublicHealthPhD2021 said:

Hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone has heard back from the UC Irvine PhD in Public Health program? Thanks! 

I emailed them, and got a response: For the 2021 cohort, you were not offered admission. Should you choose to apply again in the future, I would kindly suggest that you identify faculty in our School whose research interests closely align with yours, and then meet with them occasionally before the application deadline to ensure that they are interested in serving as your Advisor.

hey ya'll, i've officially accepted my offer from Tulane SBPS after reaching out to Brown's BSHS program director to gain insight on waitlist movement.

i'm super excited and would love to connect with anyone else who plans to attend Tulane (regardless of department) since I know absolutely no one in NOLA haha