MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

Anyone else not getting interviews but not getting rejection letters? I’ve seen people getting interviews at CalArts, CMU, and MIT and I haven’t heard anything. Should I just assume it’s a rejection? Looks like I’ll be putting all of my eggs in one basket with my interview with Saic?

On 2/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, yellowishoverripecucumber said:

Hello, thank you for giving useful information.

Is that final decision, and is it go for every applicant even who did not invited for interviews? 

I am afraid because I did not get any replies from RISD and also have not found anyone received an interview from the department that I applied. Usually, so far as I know, no interview means rejection... I am getting nervous day by day... ?

Yes it shall be final decisions on March 1st. I totally understand your frustration im going through the same thing. It's very nerve wracking and frustrating but sometimes we must suck it up. its life.

41 minutes ago, artist wannabe said:

Yes it shall be final decisions on March 1st. I totally understand your frustration im going through the same thing. It's very nerve wracking and frustrating but sometimes we must suck it up. its life.

Thanks a lot. Finger crossed for all of us!

On 1/29/2021 at 2:41 AM, tissue says yes said:

Has anyone received interview invitation from the Graphic design(Communication design) programs?

I've applied SVA, Pratt, Risd, Artcenter, SAIC, MICA and SCAD 

continuously clicking refresh.. staring at my poor inbox ?

Hello, did you get any response from RISD? I also applied to Graphic Design program.

1 hour ago, Reida said:

Anyone else not getting interviews but not getting rejection letters? I’ve seen people getting interviews at CalArts, CMU, and MIT and I haven’t heard anything. Should I just assume it’s a rejection? Looks like I’ll be putting all of my eggs in one basket with my interview with Saic?

Same. I saw people getting interviews at risd and calarts but I haven’t heard a thing. I saw from the last year’s thread that risd does not interview everyone accepted but I’m not sure about calarts. I also have an interview with saic! Good luck

4 minutes ago, tissue says yes said:

Hello! I didn't get any response from RISD. 

Thanks! I also did not get any response from RISD... 

I know that RISD GD choose their students very selective and some students are accepted without interviews but such situations make me so nervous ? Anyway.. Finger crossed!

Cornell just sent out an email to schedule MFA interviews. Its 20 minute presentations about work then 20 minute Q/A. Anyone have experience with presentations that length? It seems very long to me if it's a proper presentation and not a conversation 

3 hours ago, slickjaketheruler said:

I’ll be honest, I haven’t really seen anyone going for printmaking. Are there any printmakers in this chat/applying to printmaking?

I'm applying for printmaking! Sent applications to University of Arkansas, SAIC, University of Iowa, University of Oregon, and UT Austin 

Just now, yellowishoverripecucumber said:

Thanks! I also did not get any response from RISD... 

I know that RISD GD choose their students very selective and some students are accepted without interviews but such situations make me so nervous ? Anyway.. Finger crossed!

This is the hardest time of the process. ? ?

Don't worry too much. Looking forward to RISD means that you are that good!!  We'll do well 

4 minutes ago, jack343234 said:

How were you contacted?  Phone or email?  Was your portal updated?

Sorry forgot to quote!

i was contacted by email (they tried to reach me by phone but couldn’t get in touch), my portal was not updated.

Edited by 3arabiyya
More details

18 hours ago, HeronOfHeaven said:

Hi all! Just discovered this forum and remember the anxiety of grad applications last year so I thought I’d share where I’m at with UCLA. For any interested in UCLA’s New Genres or Interdisciplinary Studio program(s), I got interview invites via email this past weekend. Interviews will be happening over the course of this coming week. Every program definitely conducts this process differently so I can’t speak to sculpture or painting. Hope this helps!

Congrats on the interview! I'm waiting for news from Interdisciplinary Studio. I also reached out asking if it was possible that my application was considered by other Areas of Study besides the one I applied to and they told me yes, that they actually had done that with mine. So I don't know what to expect. I haven't been asked to interview by any Area of Study at UCLA so I'm losing a bit of hope knowing that they already sent out some emails for that; but they also said "Please note that the department does not hold formal interview dates. Interviews are conducted for some finalist candidates, at the discretion of the faculty." - so I'm not sure what to expect now...