2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

12 minutes ago, spotted said:

trolling on the results page is too common on here, so we like to have people claim them on this forum too to ensure theyre not trolls

Yes, it is some demented form of entertainment.  Some of the early admits for some programs were legit.  Others have seemed suspicious.  Don't forget someone was admitted to the 'University of Cumtown,' so there are clearly trolls.  

15 minutes ago, The Converse said:

Yes, it is some demented form of entertainment.  Some of the early admits for some programs were legit.  Others have seemed suspicious.  Don't forget someone was admitted to the 'University of Cumtown,' so there are clearly trolls.  

I have noticed 3 people of these supposedly MIT admissions have used the term "thrilled". I have not seen this particular word being used in any other results page... But maybe I am just going crazy interpreting, as a result of extreme anxiety. Glad to have this group to share these moments. Good luck to all!

4 minutes ago, Miss Evidence said:

I have noticed 3 people of these supposedly MIT admissions have used the term "thrilled". I have not seen this particular word being used in any other results page... But maybe I am just going crazy interpreting, as a result of extreme anxiety. Glad to have this group to share these moments. Good luck to all!

It's always possible that these are legit, but these are somewhat suspect at the present time.  People on this forum are fairly forthcoming with acceptances and everyone has been quick to congratulate them.

8 hours ago, iamlia said:

Hi! I am in exactly the same situation, following this post to see what people's thoughts are. I've been living in NY doing my Master's the last two years with a very modest stipend and am looking forward to something even just a bit higher, if admitted. Also I'm in IR too! :) Did they tell you how many they expect to admit? I didn't ask and now I'm regretting it because it's probably my only option by now. Good luck!

Hi and thanks for sharing your perspective. I have not asked anything about the number of admitted, but I got a sense that they will more or less accept those interviewed. They said thought that it might take weeks rather than days to hearing back from them again. Nevertheless, my major concern is funding offer, as I've seen some numbers from previous years and am a bit concerned if that would be enough. What are your thoughts on this? I guess you can judge even better in terms of what is realistic for a decent life in the city. ??

8 hours ago, aae322 said:

@acimova I don't know much about CUNY's program or reputation (also an int'l), but 1 thing I can say that I'm not sure whether you know is that CUNY is part of the 'interuniversity doctoral consortium' which includes NYU, Columbia, New School, Fordham, Rutgers, Princeton, and SUNY, so theoretically you could at some point take classes at any of these campuses :)

Honestly didn't know it, so thanks for sharing it! I guess it's an advantage and expand opportunities significantly. ?

3 minutes ago, poliscihopeful2021 said:

Congratulations!! Just checking to see if you got the email about 45 mins to an hour ago or just now to see if they're sending the acceptances in batches. 

I received the email with funding info about 3 hours ago. They received close to 650 applicants according to the email. 

Congrats to the MIT admits! One thing that I found out when I was researching the school is that there's a position called Graduate Resident Advisor (GRA). It's a program where you can serve as a live-in advisor for an undergraduate dorm on campus and you get free housing. You can apply for it after your first year as a graduate student. Just something to think about if you want to save some money!

https://studentlife.mit.edu/beagra