Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

Anyone here applied to U Wisconsins Microbiology program? I saw like 2 people post that they received invites and 1 person post a rejection (all American citizens and I'm international with US degrees) so I didnt know if this was a wave thing where they clear out domestic applicants first? 

I'm confused lol, my application still says that it will be reviewed and I don't have anything else to go on ?

On 12/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, Sky_china said:

Anyone know if Mt Sinai gonna give us a respose before the new year ? 

I emailed Mt. Sinai before and the admin said currently applications are still under review and they don't have a timeline for interview invitation. I have absolutely no idea when we're going to hear from them 

I have applied to UNC Chapel Hill (BBSP), Emory (Epi), Baylor College of Medicine (GSBS), UT Health Science Center at Houston (Micro) and will be applying to UofSC (Biomedical Science). I have received an interview from UNC BBSP (Microbiology interest) and I applied Dec 1. I have not heard back from anyone else though. 

10 hours ago, Oyende said:

Has anyone who applied to Scripps Research Institute heard back from them? Or received an interview invite?

I received an interview invite a couple days ago! Hope you hear from them soon! 

3 hours ago, Molec157 said:

I received an interview invite a couple days ago! Hope you hear from them soon! 

Congratulations and thank you. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Oyende

On 12/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, jakeperalta said:

Anyone here applied to U Wisconsins Microbiology program? I saw like 2 people post that they received invites and 1 person post a rejection (all American citizens and I'm international with US degrees) so I didnt know if this was a wave thing where they clear out domestic applicants first? 

I'm confused lol, my application still says that it will be reviewed and I don't have anything else to go on ?

I haven't heard anything regarding my MDTP application. I saw the same thing but I wouldn't be surprised if more interview go out in the coming few weeks.

On 12/26/2020 at 2:30 AM, Oyende said:

Has anyone who applied to Scripps Research Institute heard back from them? Or received an interview invite?

received interview invitation

16 hours ago, crchen said:

received interview invitation

Awesome! I see that your location is China. Are you an international student with a US degree? Or without?

figured I'd share who I heard from so far:

UW-Madison CMB: Rejected 

Umich PIBS: Rejected 

Johns Hopkins CMM: Invited for interview 

UIC GEMs: Silence

Northwestern DGP: silence but when I asked if all interviews had been sent out the admin responded saying they had not finished so who knows (really bummed I interviewed here and was waitlisted last year) if any of y'all have heard anything from this program please let me know 

Brown MPP: deadline for this program isn't even till Jan 15th

CWRU BSTP: silence

Edited by wiz1810

4 hours ago, wiz1810 said:

Northwestern DGP: silence but when I asked if all interviews had been sent out the admin responded saying they had not finished so who knows (really bummed I interviewed here and was waitlisted last year) if any of y'all have heard anything from this program please let me know 

I also applied to the JHU CMM program but I haven't heard anything. When did you submit your application? I wondered if they will still send out more invitations as the first interview is not too far away.

I will be anxiously waiting for more news (hopefully not rejections) while enjoying cookies and movies in the coming few days. 

6 hours ago, wiz1810 said:

UIC GEMS interviews are sent in batches. I think a batch is sent out in January.

12 hours ago, winterishere2020 said:

I also applied to the JHU CMM program but I haven't heard anything. When did you submit your application? I wondered if they will still send out more invitations as the first interview is not too far away.

I will be anxiously waiting for more news (hopefully not rejections) while enjoying cookies and movies in the coming few days. 

I sent my application in November 29th