Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

22 hours ago, ggthot said:

Hey party people! Has anyone else been invited to interview at UCLA (IMMP), Yale (BBS, Micro), University of Washington (Pathobiology), or BU (PiBS)? Would love to say hi to you! (Everything feels so isolating when it's happening remotely...)

Also... Has anyone else gotten good news from "reach" schools and waitlist/rejections from "safety"s? I feel like my luck has just been insane (not to be that person. I am genuinely stupid)

Yeah, I'm almost certain I'm going to be rejected by Weill Cornell, yet I'm getting interviews from schools I didn't seriously think I'd get good news from. Funny stuff. 

On 1/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, ggthot said:

Hey party people! Has anyone else been invited to interview at UCLA (IMMP), Yale (BBS, Micro), University of Washington (Pathobiology), or BU (PiBS)? Would love to say hi to you! (Everything feels so isolating when it's happening remotely...)

Also... Has anyone else gotten good news from "reach" schools and waitlist/rejections from "safety"s? I feel like my luck has just been insane (not to be that person. I am genuinely stupid)

BU (PiBS) here! 

Haven't heard any progress. I believe they are still reviewing the materials

On 1/5/2021 at 1:08 AM, ggthot said:

Hello! I heard from BU (PiBS) on Monday (1/4) about an interview! This was after receiving the email that stated they would send more emails after the new year as they hadn't gotten through all the applications. My interview is set for February 8th. 

The only schools I am left waiting on are Yale MMPP program, Harvard BBS, Vanderbilt IGP, and Georgia State IBMS (my safety). I already have heard back and received interviews from UAB (Jan 13-15), Emory (Jan 27-29), FSU (Jan 29-30), UMich (Feb 4-6), BostonU (Feb 8), Baylor (Feb 11), and WashU STL (Feb 25-26)!

Good luck everyone! I am so glad I found this site this morning; I was unsure if schools would even reach out if they didn't offer you an interview/were rejected. Thanks for all the insight and feedback from everyone!

10 hours ago, dejosco said:

Yeah, I'm almost certain I'm going to be rejected by Weill Cornell, yet I'm getting interviews from schools I didn't seriously think I'd get good news from. Funny stuff. 

Weill Cornell was ur safety???

1 hour ago, biochemtess said:

Hello! I heard from BU (PiBS) on Monday (1/4) about an interview! This was after receiving the email that stated they would send more emails after the new year as they hadn't gotten through all the applications. My interview is set for February 8th. 

The only schools I am left waiting on are Yale MMPP program, Harvard BBS, Vanderbilt IGP, and Georgia State IBMS (my safety). I already have heard back and received interviews from UAB (Jan 13-15), Emory (Jan 27-29), FSU (Jan 29-30), UMich (Feb 4-6), BostonU (Feb 8), Baylor (Feb 11), and WashU STL (Feb 25-26)!

Good luck everyone! I am so glad I found this site this morning; I was unsure if schools would even reach out if they didn't offer you an interview/were rejected. Thanks for all the insight and feedback from everyone!

Congrats! 

May I ask which research interests you selected in the application? 

I'm still waiting for BU.. hahaha 

40 minutes ago, jill1997 said:

Congrats! 

May I ask which research interests you selected in the application? 

I'm still waiting for BU.. hahaha 

Hi! Thank you, and I hope you hear back soon! On the research interest part of the application, I chose biochemistry, pathology, and molecular & translational medicine. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, sevents said:

Weill Cornell was ur safety???

I wouldn't quite consider it a "safety", but I will say that its research presence isn't as strong as several of the places I've gotten interview invitations. 

1 hour ago, Sky_china said:

Saw someone on the result page saying all NYU grossman is out?  anyone else have information can confirm it ?

Yeah I am so confused and worried....a few days ago someone said that they emailed and found out that invites would go out until end february??? 

16 minutes ago, jakeperalta said:

Yeah I am so confused and worried....a few days ago someone said that they emailed and found out that invites would go out until end february??? 

Yes, it was me. This is the exact response I received from the admissions: 

"Thank you for your interest. We have started to send out invitations to interview for January dates. You could hear anytime between now and February since we interview through March."

1 minute ago, Research Enthusiast said:

"Thank you for your interest. We have started to send out invitations to interview for January dates. You could hear anytime between now and February since we interview through March."

fml, I asked on the results page but I just hope that person is trolling....my anxiety is through the roof at this moment

3 minutes ago, Research Enthusiast said:

Do you know if it applies to a specific track or the biomedical science program in general?

2 minutes ago, wwllq said:

Do you know if it applies to a specific track or the biomedical science program in general?

I applied to the Biomedical Science PhD program (which is the umbrella program). And I think everyone has done the same. I don't think you can apply to an individual track per se. So, if I received this response, it essentially means it applies to the Biomedical Science PhD Umbrella program and not any specific tracks.

3 minutes ago, Research Enthusiast said:

I applied to the Biomedical Science PhD program (which is the umbrella program). And I think everyone has done the same. I don't think you can apply to an individual track per se. So, if I received this response, it essentially means it applies to the Biomedical Science PhD Umbrella program and not any specific tracks.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, wwllq said:

when they replied to me they say they try to interview people with similar interest.... I don't think its track pre se but rather maybe your POI and stuff 

28 minutes ago, Sky_china said:

when they replied to me they say they try to interview people with similar interest.... I don't think its track pre se but rather maybe your POI and stuff 

Good to know!