Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

13 minutes ago, Needanswers1 said:

Is it safe to assume that i was rejected by nyu and sinai if I haven't gotten an email

I don't know about Sinai, but I applied to NYU [Nov 29th] and I haven't heard back yet! Someone also emailed them last week and they said that they can send invites anywhere between now and Feb bc they interview in March as well! 

3 hours ago, Koni Jas said:

Anyone heard back from University of pittsburgh?

Which program/school are you referring to for Pitt? I'm still waiting to hear from MCDB in the A&S school, but I think I heard that programs in the med school may have sent interviews before the holidays. Don't quote me on that though. 

9 hours ago, queerorpheus said:

Which program/school are you referring to for Pitt? I'm still waiting to hear from MCDB in the A&S school, but I think I heard that programs in the med school may have sent interviews before the holidays. Don't quote me on that though. 

Hey, 

First of all Thanks for the reply. I applied to PhD program in Microbiology and Immunology at Pitts. I sent an email to them on 21st December, they said they are still reviewing the applications and will sent out the decisions once all the reviews are done. As I am an International student, I filed my application in Mid September but till now there has been no response. 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, DVM1991 said:

Has anyone heard back from the DSRB track specifically within the UPenn CAMB program? Thanks!

I applied to this too but haven't heard anything, positive or negative. Im unsure if anyones posted results since they just post CAMB instead of the specific track but I honestly don't know if the track makes a difference. 

35 minutes ago, TiredandBroke said:

I applied to this too but haven't heard anything, positive or negative. Im unsure if anyones posted results since they just post CAMB instead of the specific track but I honestly don't know if the track makes a difference. 

Hi! I saw you got an interview from Rochester. May I ask which track did you apply for? I am waiting for Rochester but my application has been 'under review' forever..Lol

37 minutes ago, wwllq said:

Hi! I saw you got an interview from Rochester. May I ask which track did you apply for? I am waiting for Rochester but my application has been 'under review' forever..Lol

Hey, Yeah I applied for the Genetics, Development and Stem Cell Program! 

28 minutes ago, TiredandBroke said:

Hey, Yeah I applied for the Genetics, Development and Stem Cell Program! 

Thanks! I applied the immunology & micro track...

On 1/9/2021 at 11:22 AM, DVM1991 said:

Has anyone heard back from the DSRB track specifically within the UPenn CAMB program? Thanks!

2 hours ago, TiredandBroke said:

Me neither :( I even saw a post on Reddit with someone asking if people had heard back from DSRB with everyone replying with a resounding no (but then again, it was 2 or 3 responses only).
But at the same time, as a Domestic student, I feel that if the Umbrella program sent out invitations, that would all be at once? DSRB could be super small and only accept like 1 or 2 students so it might be hard to find someone who got an interview?
Idk, my philosophy at this point is keep my expectations low so if it ends up being a rejection, it won't hurt as much ?

Edited by StemCells4Lyfe
I hit enter by accident too early

55 minutes ago, prayingforamiracle said:

I got rejected for the IMV track before new year so don’t worry, you still stand a chance!

Thanks, the waiting is endless...I really hope they can get back to me soon so I will know what my next steps are...

I'm sorry to hear about your rejection...Hope you will get other programs you like!

1 hour ago, wwllq said:

Thanks, the waiting is endless...I really hope they can get back to me soon so I will know what my next steps are...

I'm sorry to hear about your rejection...Hope you will get other programs you like!

The waiting can really be a torture! Hope you hear back soon from your programs.

It’s alright! The rejection hurt when I first got it but I got over it, especially since it wasn’t my first choice anyway. I just finished an interview for a program a few days ago and I’m praying that one works out. And thanks! Hope you get into your program of choice!

2 minutes ago, exhausted.t.cell said:

same! Can't imagine it will take much longer, but who knows...

I know right, they usually don't send invites after Jan 8th or 9th. At least that's what I got from looking at previous years in the results section. Maybe we'll hear something today or tomorrow, who knows.

31 minutes ago, misterbob19 said:

I know right, they usually don't send invites after Jan 8th or 9th. At least that's what I got from looking at previous years in the results section. Maybe we'll hear something today or tomorrow, who knows.

It seems that they usually send out invites on the 2nd Tuesday or Wednesday of January.... so hopefully we hear sometime tomorrow or Wednesday.

I got a mail from Baylor. They are still reviewing the application and mentioned that the decision will be made at the end of Jan. 

15 minutes ago, ebolafighter said:

Does anyone have info on Baylor? I keep getting the, your application is still under review emails, but not sure when the reviews will stop and invites begin? I applied for Immunology and microbiology

1 hour ago, ebolafighter said:

Does anyone have info on Baylor? I keep getting the, your application is still under review emails, but not sure when the reviews will stop and invites begin? I applied for Immunology and microbiology

Me too! Keep getting e-mails every Friday saying my application is still under review?. I also applied to the immuno&micro track.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but thought I'd provide an update about Baylor. I got an interview invite for Jan 21st/22nd for the immuno track. They are probably doing it in batches and waiting until the end of Jan to make a decision for the 1st batch before they start inviting more people to interview. That is my guess...

1 hour ago, T suppressors said:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but thought I'd provide an update about Baylor. I got an interview invite for Jan 21st/22nd for the immuno track. They are probably doing it in batches and waiting until the end of Jan to make a decision for the 1st batch before they start inviting more people to interview. That is my guess...

I'm also scheduled to interview Jan 21/22 for the Immuno and Micro track. See ya there :)

For people still waiting, I wouldn't give up hope yet! Many people reported already having their applications transferred to their second choice program and/or being rejected. So if you haven't heard anything at all, it could really just mean that your application is still under review.