Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

8 hours ago, biochemtess said:

Hello! I heard from BU (PiBS) on Monday (1/4) about an interview! This was after receiving the email that stated they would send more emails after the new year as they hadn't gotten through all the applications. My interview is set for February 8th. 

The only schools I am left waiting on are Yale MMPP program, Harvard BBS, Vanderbilt IGP, and Georgia State IBMS (my safety). I already have heard back and received interviews from UAB (Jan 13-15), Emory (Jan 27-29), FSU (Jan 29-30), UMich (Feb 4-6), BostonU (Feb 8), Baylor (Feb 11), and WashU STL (Feb 25-26)!

Good luck everyone! I am so glad I found this site this morning; I was unsure if schools would even reach out if they didn't offer you an interview/were rejected. Thanks for all the insight and feedback from everyone!

"See" you at the UMich interview weekend!

I also applied to Yale MMPP and haven't heard anything; assuming rejection since a few people have reported invitations on the results page. Same with Harvard BBS- I believe their invites went out before Christmas

8 hours ago, Sky_china said:

Saw someone on the result page saying all NYU grossman is out?  anyone else have information can confirm it ?

Not sure if that person is trolling, but I do see the same person posting the exactly same content on Scripps results page saying "mailed and found out all invitations have gone out", which is really weird. Sigh...hopefully this is not true.

Does anyone know how competitive interviews will be this year?

I've received 10 invites so far, but decided to decline three offers because I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other programs and juggling a full-time job.

Do I have a chance with seven interviews? Starting to freak out ?

Edited by helloday97

1 hour ago, misterbob19 said:

No... I am hoping to hear back from them too, as well as from MIT Bio. Fingers crossed! ??

MIT usually sends out interviews in mid-January. I emailed the admin before and asked about possible delays in the admission timeline because of covid. They said it's not very likely to happen since the admission committee were reviewing applications remotely. Finger crossed!

15 hours ago, helloday97 said:

I've received 10 invites so far, but decided to decline three offers because I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other programs and juggling a full-time job.

I LOVE THIS POST LOL!!! I hope its satire taking a jab at the annoying af people on here ??? bc if so its a masterpiece. Yall are toxic. Like if youve heard back from multiple schools inviting you for interviews and still “fReAKiNg oUt” please stfu. 

On 1/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, Research Enthusiast said:

Anyone here received an interview invite for UPenn - PGG (Pharmacology Graduate Group)?

I received an interview invite from them in December, but I don't know if they are done!

16 hours ago, helloday97 said:

The dude is clearly a troll. Don't play into his game.

1 hour ago, Cancerbiologisttobe_ said:

I LOVE THIS POST LOL!!! I hope its satire taking a jab at the annoying af people on here ??? bc if so its a masterpiece. Yall are toxic. Like if youve heard back from multiple schools inviting you for interviews and still “fReAKiNg oUt” please stfu. 

I saw a person on here unironically say that they are more afraid of interviews than rejections... ruined my day

9 minutes ago, wacharak said:

I saw a person on here unironically say that they are more afraid of interviews than rejections... ruined my day

That’s actually super irritating. Like what does that even mean??? Im sitting here refreshing my email a million times a day praying for that ONE invite and most of these posts are complaining about how they got four interviews so far but havent heard back from X, or Y school and theyre crying about it like???? Tone deaf much?? 

1 hour ago, Cancerbiologisttobe_ said:

This is the daily bread here at The Grad Café! Crazy AF.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:01 PM, PhDBound123 said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email from the coordinator at Johns Hopkins CMM confirming your interview date? I got an interview invite during the holidays and emailed her my 3 preferences but have not heard back since then. 

I have yet to hear anything from her after sending my stuff before the holidays

Anyone else having an issue with their Baylor COM app status?

I have had two emails from them so far; first was to tell me I was moved to second choice program and second was telling me they will have an answer for me soon. The last email was almost a month ago. 

Now, when I try to get onto my status page it gives an error ((vm.errorModel[O])) has anyone else had this issue???

7 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

I know 2 or 3 people posted that they had received invites from UCLA IMMP, but is there any insight on whether more invites will be sent or if there is just one round?

I just emailed the program. they told me they are still reviewing, and will extend all invites before the end of January.