Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

I wouldn't start calling for an update yet because the website says you will know by mid-April and it is only March 31.  Personally I would wait at least another week before I would start looking for updates.  Hopefully they get the responses out early like they did for the advanced standing!

Congrats about York.  Has anyone heard anything from Angela about U of T.  I've called a couple of times, but no answer.

I wouldn't start calling for an update yet because the website says you will know by mid-April and it is only March 31.  Personally I would wait at least another week before I would start looking for updates.  Hopefully they get the responses out early like they did for the advanced standing!

Good point.  Waiting is making me lose my common sense :blink:

For those accepted at York I'm just wondering if your status on your myfile changed to decision made or accepted or anything else?

Hey b39, so I was wait-listed earlier through an e-mail at around noon (EST), but on myfile nothing has been changed. Could be different for an acceptance though?

I am new to this forum but have been following for awhile now. I am still waiting on york and therefore take it as a rejection:( Congrats to those who got accepted:) This is my first time applying to york and second time applying to the msw program. Starting to loose hope:(

Jax14 I would call and ask if they are still in the process of sending responses for advanced standing my call was answered very quickly. Best of luck!

I was accepted off of Windsor's wait list today!!!! My status on my windsor account changed this afternoon. I'm soooo happy! I was very worried! 

Congrats!! I was waitlisted at UofT last year, and waitlisted at Lakehead this year, still waiting on UofT again. But it's so good to hear people actually get off the waitlist. Right now my life is waitlisted.  :lol:

I was accepted off of Windsor's wait list today!!!! My status on my windsor account changed this afternoon. I'm soooo happy! I was very worried! 

Congrats, that is so exciting! What did the status on your online Windsor account change to? 

Hi everyone, I'm a newcomer but I've been lurking for awhile (like many people I'm sure). Congrats to everyone who received acceptances! I am currently on the waitlist at York for the 2 yr program and of course I'm anxiously waiting.

I got accepted to the York 2-yr program!!!!! I'm still waiting for UofT, but Yorks offer looks pretty amazing. I don't know what I'm going to do if UofT says yes.

@superanxious congrats again! if you don't mind me asking, what is the deadline date to accept York's offer? Thank you!

To everyone else waiting I hope we get a response soon!

I'm waiting to hear back from Calgary. I am doing the distance MSW (leadership) and the program starts in July. Just wondering if anyone has heard or has any insight in to order of how acceptances/rejections are administered at U of C? My status online still just says my application is "complete" but nothing indicating rejection/acceptance or waitlist. They are supposed to send the letters via email.

Thanks!

I'm starting to get nervous that York emailed out all the acceptances today but I know they usually take longer than a day well here's hoping there's still a chance

It's my understanding that if you haven't heard from York yet, you'll be receiving a rejection letter in the mail. That's probably my fate! Two years in a row of trying to apply...super discouraging :(

Hey guys, I know there's only a few of us who've applied to Ryerson but I'm wondering if anyone knows how many people are on the wait list? Or if it's ranked? I've tried contacting them about it several different ways, but no response.

It's my understanding that if you haven't heard from York yet, you'll be receiving a rejection letter in the mail. That's probably my fate! Two years in a row of trying to apply...super discouraging :(

I share your pain. I guess i will be receiving a rejection letter in the mail . Very discouraging and i guess it is back to another year of gaining more experience.

Edited by Aguilera

Welcome:) It seems like you are a very strong candidate (I envy your experience :P

Offers of admission, the waitlist, and rejections are mailed out probably the first or second week of April judging by previous years. However, it is possible to check if you have been "invited" online through the ROSI system, as some Advanced Standing students did so and found out a few days prior to the physical letter coming in the mail.

Best of luck!  

*if you want to see how to access ROSI check back in the past few pages many people have posted instructions

Hi there,

May I know, where UofT will post admission status in Rosi? Home Page? 

Pl lemme know..

Thanks/Supu

I've decided that I'm not going to reapply for a few years now...it's getting too expensive to keep getting rejected year after year. I went through a terrible year this past year and was finally hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel. No such luck :(

I share your pain. I guess i will be receiving a rejection letter in the mail . Very discouraging and i guess it is back to another year of gaining more experience.

I feel you. At least you have a BSW under your belt! I seriously hope you do get into UofT! 

Hi there,

May I know, where UofT will post admission status in Rosi? Home Page? 

Pl lemme know..

Thanks/Supu

From what I understand it appears on the first page when you sign in, for example mine still says "No Registration History" but if I were to get accepted it would change to "invited" and some other info

Sadly, my BSW isn't getting me very far :( I've spent the last year working at a community health agency for seniors as a program assistant. It ended up working out last year that I didn't get accepted for my MSW because I had to go through treatment as I was unfortunately diagnosed with the c-word. But now that I'm healthy I was totally ready to tackle the MSW! Guess it's not meant to be :(

I feel you. At least you have a BSW under your belt! I seriously hope you do get into UofT!

Wow, you've been through a lot!  Don't give up hope yet, you might get off the wait list.  If not, do you know where your application may be lacking?  Could you take some courses to raise your GPA or volunteer more if you can't find a job in the field?  I wouldn't give up completely.  I have a friend who applied for 3 cycles before she was admitted.  Wishing the best for you!

Sadly, my BSW isn't getting me very far :( I've spent the last year working at a community health agency for seniors as a program assistant. It ended up working out last year that I didn't get accepted for my MSW because I had to go through treatment as I was unfortunately diagnosed with the c-word. But now that I'm healthy I was totally ready to tackle the MSW! Guess it's not meant to be :(

I'm waiting to hear back from Calgary. I am doing the distance MSW (leadership) and the program starts in July. Just wondering if anyone has heard or has any insight in to order of how acceptances/rejections are administered at U of C? My status online still just says my application is "complete" but nothing indicating rejection/acceptance or waitlist. They are supposed to send the letters via email.

Thanks!

I am also waiting to hear back from U of C, I applied for the 2 year clinical MSW. I called the department about two weeks ago to inquire about this and they just referred me to their website, where it says that they will be sending out letters via email and it may take two months to do so (posted at end of Feb). There was one person on this forum who got accepted to the one year advanced standing msw a while ago at U of C but I haven't heard anything about the distance or two year programs. It is comforting to hear that there are others still waiting to hear back as well. I have been accepted to Laurier and have to accept the offer by April 14th so I am hoping we will hear from Calgary by then! Please let me know if you hear anything :)