Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

It's my last day of break and I didn't want to do anything academic today, but one of my professors finally uploaded the syllabus and assigned a bunch of readings for our class on Tuesday. So now I'm reading (well, procrastinating reading, but same thing) instead of binge-watching The Office.

I'm a figure skater and I was supposed to have a big test today but it snowed heavily and the high level judges couldn't make it because of the weather, so I have to wait two more weeks. Small in the grand scheme of things but I felt really ready today and I'm afraid that I won't feel like that in 2 weeks.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, sgaw10 said:

Another day, another chance to waste time by neurotically refreshing my email all afternoon!

I feel this on a spiritual level. I usually have one or two panic attacks a day thinking about the moment I'll get a notification with a decision letter. 

My retail job has been rough lately (so many rude customers, what is wrong with these people?) and I had a minor injury recently as well that's lingering and annoying.  3-4 weeks 'til two of my schools send out acceptances and 6 weeks for the other two.  It's going to be a long wait, but not as bad as it's going to be if I don't get in anywhere and have to stay at this job for another year while I go through another application cycle.  =(

Feeling pretty down because my partner and I went on a trip with my best friend and her bf of 3 months. The whole trip was just 2 vs 2 (them and us..) Honey, if I want to hang out with my partner, I would have done it at home, not out, 6 hrs flight away.. :P Her bf was not interested in anything we do, not curious in anything, just walk passed all the exhibits in the museum really quickly, doesn't talk to us... very hard to communicate. D: Did not have an enjoyable trip. 

Told her about it but now I'm worried that our friendship (best friendship) will be ruined because of this. Took me the whole day to contemplate if I should discuss this with her, and decided I should do it. She said thanks for letting her know, but does it hurt the friendship? Who knows.. Time will tell.. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:03 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

I want feedback on my thesis asap to graduate on time but my supervisor seems beyond busy :( we've made a schedule today, hopefully she'll stick to it. 

When are you supposed to graduate? That situation seems incredibly stressful, I'm sorry you're dealing with that!

13 hours ago, StHoly said:

Feeling pretty down because my partner and I went on a trip with my best friend and her bf of 3 months. The whole trip was just 2 vs 2 (them and us..) Honey, if I want to hang out with my partner, I would have done it at home, not out, 6 hrs flight away.. :P Her bf was not interested in anything we do, not curious in anything, just walk passed all the exhibits in the museum really quickly, doesn't talk to us... very hard to communicate. D: Did not have an enjoyable trip. 

Told her about it but now I'm worried that our friendship (best friendship) will be ruined because of this. Took me the whole day to contemplate if I should discuss this with her, and decided I should do it. She said thanks for letting her know, but does it hurt the friendship? Who knows.. Time will tell.. 

Ooh, this is rough, I feel for you. It's hard to hang out with friends and their partners - sometimes people just don't mesh very well. I hope it doesn't end up hurting your friendship in the long run!

As for me, I'm currently exhausted because I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep the past two days. I work an extremely early shift at my current job and oh my God, it is brutal. I'm also sad because I don't like the city I live in (where I will almost certainly be attending grad school) and I miss my home state and my family so much. I really never thought I'd feel like this (when I was a teenager, all I wanted to do was travel and live someplace exciting), and dealing with it is proving a lot harder than I anticipated.

37 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

As for me, I'm currently exhausted because I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep the past two days. I work an extremely early shift at my current job and oh my God, it is brutal. I'm also sad because I don't like the city I live in (where I will almost certainly be attending grad school) and I miss my home state and my family so much. I really never thought I'd feel like this (when I was a teenager, all I wanted to do was travel and live someplace exciting), and dealing with it is proving a lot harder than I anticipated.

❤️❤️❤️

4 minutes ago, phonotactless said:

the results search on this site is really starting to stress me out... people have heard back about other subjects at my schools and my subject at other schools. when is it my turn???

Same feeling

I've also hardcore procrastinated some freelance work that I never really wanted to do in the first place and now I have to transcribe like 12 hours of interviews in the next two weeks, welp

also I checked admissions data from past years and for at least two years OSU linguistics decisions have apparently come on 18 January... I take it back, I didn't actually want to know that

I applied to 12 schools, and the most I have heard back is two interviews and one waitlist. Everything else has been silence, and I am terrified that I am simply waiting for a slew of rejections to slap me in the face in March. I don't like this silence.

I love this thread, as perfectly reflect my state of mind. 

I have been noticed that I am going to get fired on this month, and I don't want to commit in any new project as I am waiting for a response in my 4 Ph.D. applications. 

I also hate the silence on these weeks.