51 minutes ago, julianorts said:

Is anyone else having issues with CSDCAS saying your transcripts haven't been received? I sent my transcripts through my university WEEKS ago, and CSDCAS is still saying Marquette hasn't received it. I've contacted them twice and they aren't responding. My Marquette application is due today so I'm freaking out. I already submitted it a while back, but they still claim to be missing my transcript.

nvm I'm just going to go cry because it turns out the two schools that use CSDCAS don't bother to say on their website that you're required to submit transcripts and gre scores directly to there, and instead say to send it where I actually sent them. Here's to more money down the drain.

7 hours ago, julianorts said:

Is anyone else having issues with CSDCAS saying your transcripts haven't been received? I sent my transcripts through my university WEEKS ago, and CSDCAS is still saying Marquette hasn't received it. I've contacted them twice and they aren't responding. My Marquette application is due today so I'm freaking out. I already submitted it a while back, but they still claim to be missing my transcript.

I'm not having this issue - do others schools on CSDCAS have the "received" part? Did you try calling CSDCAS to see what's up?

6 hours ago, julianorts said:

nvm I'm just going to go cry because it turns out the two schools that use CSDCAS don't bother to say on their website that you're required to submit transcripts and gre scores directly to there, and instead say to send it where I actually sent them. Here's to more money down the drain.

Oh no :(

Hi all, questions about e-submitting and transcripts if anyone knows... I haven't submitted on CSDCAS yet, but if I were to do it would I still be able to upload documents to the different programs? I'm assuming no...

I just need to get to the verification process bc one of my school's needs to have verified transcripts before they start reviewing my application (cough university of oregon cough). and csdcas said they won't start verifying til I've e submitted which is frustrating

@CallenWhat kind of documents do you need to send in later? And are you asking if you can add documents for programs that are already submitted? If it's transcripts, you can use CSDCAS's "Academic Update" feature until February 15 to update grades post-submission. There is also an "Update my Application" option for programs you've already submitted to, but I believe what you can update is limited here. 

Many programs do require that your applications be verified by the deadline, unfortunately! They say this can take up to 4 weeks after submission for verification (but I believe I read on their website that average time is 2 weeks during the busy part of the application season). 

6 hours ago, sshresth12 said:

The Rutgers deadline says 12/1 for MS in Statistics. Does this mean 1 December 2016 or 12 January 2017?

Typically this would be December 1.... Maybe call and see, or post in a Statistics page (this is Speech-Language) good luck though! 

@plume Yeah, I'm asking if I can add documents for programs basically haha. For documents, I mean personal statements, questions, etc.. from each program. I'm just finishing up my Personal Statement for University of Oregon, so I should be able to submit that application soon...but I'm worried about verification since it said 4 weeks. However, I'm glad to know that it's *usually* 2 weeks during their busy time. I'm concerned now about verification for all my CSDCAS ones because I'm not done with my personal statements yet :( 

Another question about e-submitting if anyone knows...

I've finished one of my program's documents and wanted to submit it, but does that mean all the other programs that I haven't submitted would lock up as well? 

@peachyspeechy I wonder if that timeframe is the same for Academic Update verification. My initial submission was verified (it took 1 week) and I only had two fall classes to add during the AU window. My new transcripts should get there this week. I would hope there's a separate "line" for those who have already gotten initial verification.

One of my programs emailed to say they received my application and that it would be passed on to the committee for review AFTER they receive proof of my Biology requirement (which I took this fall). Their deadline isn't until 2/1 but I was hoping to get in early since they do rolling admissions :unsure:

On 12/14/2016 at 6:42 AM, Callen said:

@Kslptobe @Elska Thanks for the advice!! I'm still in session, so I might see if I can make it to her office hours. In the meantime & in my panic, I asked another professor if she'd be willing to write me one, and she agreed. I think she will be a good LoR provider, too, and this takes the pressure of time off the table. I hope your LoR gets theirs in on time kslptobe!

my goal over break is to have all my applications submitted by December 23, so Christmas isn't spent stressing. Good luck everyone in the final stretch of submissions!

@CallenUnfortunately, My last professor is gone for the holidays which means that the letters of rec did not get my 5 schools on time. I'm furious at my professor because I have been sending reminders since the beginning of October. Luckily, 2 of my 5 schools accept 1 academic and 2 employer letters. 

@ElKel87 I think you're right that there's a different time frame for transcript verification (about one week) and total application verification (about 2-2.5 weeks on average currently). 

My three transcripts were all verified within 5 business days when I submitted them last month. When I asked the CSDCAS rep yesterday about verification, I was only inquiring about the application submission as a whole, not the transcript piece specifically since mine already came in. Your bio req should definitely be approved with more than enough time :) good luck! 

9 hours ago, peachyspeechy said:

@ElKel87 I think you're right that there's a different time frame for transcript verification (about one week) and total application verification (about 2-2.5 weeks on average currently). 

My three transcripts were all verified within 5 business days when I submitted them last month. When I asked the CSDCAS rep yesterday about verification, I was only inquiring about the application submission as a whole, not the transcript piece specifically since mine already came in. Your bio req should definitely be approved with more than enough time :) good luck! 

Fingers crossed! Thank you, good luck to you, too! And happy holidays :) 

Since I reused my application from last year and only one of my transcripts changed, my app was verified very early on.

ALL I'm waiting on now is one letter of rec from a professor who said he'd have it turned in by Last Thursday. >_>

However...my doubts haven't gone away since they came to light in October. I'm starting to feel like this isn't the way for me to go after all. But I don't feel comfortable pursuing what I want to actually be doing unless I get rejected or can decline without receiving any junk in the physical mail about it.

Part of me even wants to withdraw my applications after I've spent at least $700 this season on them, just so in the spring I can go 'oh, darn, didn't get in anywhere. Time for plan B!'

I'm more afraid of getting in to school for SLP than I am for being rejected, now. And that's...a weird feeling. I don't know if it will persist, but at least I have time to figure it out...

Update: My total application verification only 6-7 business days even though it's their high volume season. I submitted them on the 13th and 14th of this month and they were all verified today (21st around 1pm). The average is still 2 to 2.5 weeks according to CSDCAS most recently, but was fortunate to be on the lower end/range of that. Hope that helps to calm people's fears! :) Good luck, everybody! 

Try to keep the faith, @Puffer Fish. I think we all question ourselves at times and get nervous. Nobody has it all figured out. In fact, this forum has been both a source of relief and anxiety for me personally. Gotta do what's best for you and sometimes it's hard to even figure out what exactly that is or means.

Whether or not you go to SLP grad school, I wish you the best! <3

On December 2, 2016 at 8:35 PM, PhDorBUST said:

Hi all, new member here, currently at UCF as a terminal MSW graduating May 2017; just submitted applications to UCF, FSU, SHSU, University of Cincinnati, NC State, and University of Illinois in Chicago. 

If anyone wants info on UCF, I can try to answer questions. I would definitely appreciate any distracting seeing as though I most likely won't here anything for about 2 months...

Undergrad-University of TN Knoxville

MSW-University of Central Florida

PhD-We shall see...

Finally someone who went to TN Knoxville! Do you happen to know if we have to send our transcripts to them directly or if they take them from CSDCAS? It's not very clear on either website. 

1 hour ago, misswope said:

Finally someone who went to TN Knoxville! Do you happen to know if we have to send our transcripts to them directly or if they take them from CSDCAS? It's not very clear on either website. 

Oh WOW lol okay well first, hi! (I say wow because this has never happened to me so here goes...)

Second, I hope you like orange.

Third, a LOT of things were in flux when I was graduating (like onestop, the thing the registrar has now, that used to not be a thing and I was so confused when I had to order transcripts 2.5 years ago) so I will do my best here.

Idk what CSDCAS is and it is 2am so I'm not googling that lol, but I would actually contact the admissions person for your program to ask them directly. Get used to the website not being clear. It's part of the Big Orange Screw.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask. I lived there for about 6 years as I went part-time for a while, and even though it took me a while to adjust to the culture (I'm from PA), it can be a pretty cool place. The professors are great, administration.....not so much.

I hope this helps!

15 hours ago, Puffer Fish said:

Since I reused my application from last year and only one of my transcripts changed, my app was verified very early on.

ALL I'm waiting on now is one letter of rec from a professor who said he'd have it turned in by Last Thursday. >_>

However...my doubts haven't gone away since they came to light in October. I'm starting to feel like this isn't the way for me to go after all. But I don't feel comfortable pursuing what I want to actually be doing unless I get rejected or can decline without receiving any junk in the physical mail about it.

Part of me even wants to withdraw my applications after I've spent at least $700 this season on them, just so in the spring I can go 'oh, darn, didn't get in anywhere. Time for plan B!'

I'm more afraid of getting in to school for SLP than I am for being rejected, now. And that's...a weird feeling. I don't know if it will persist, but at least I have time to figure it out...

My unsolicited advice? Do NOT waste any more time or money on this if it is not what you want to do. I know it can be daunting and difficult, and hard to explain to loved ones, but if you KNOW that you want to do something else...go DO IT. Seriously.

Sorry. I met a 25 year old woman diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer recently and now I pretty much walk around screaming CARPE DIEM MOTHERFUCKERS

Cheers!

@peachyspeechy that's a relief to hear!! I submitted one of my applications last Friday?? (I believe), so maybe mine will be verified soon too!! Here's to hoping anyway. 

I haven't sent my updated transcripts, do you guys suggest I send them even though my initial transcripts aren't verified yet?? I'm getting worried about time haha

1 hour ago, Callen said:

I haven't sent my updated transcripts, do you guys suggest I send them even though my initial transcripts aren't verified yet?? I'm getting worried about time haha

I had the same thought but I wouldn't. CSDCAS actually says not to do that in their FAQ section on Academic Update:

Do NOT Send Updated Transcripts Prior to Submitting Your AU

UNDERSTAND: Submitting your AU tells our system which transcripts to expect. Transcripts received PRIOR to submitting your AU will be considered regular transcripts and upon submitting your AU, new transcripts will be required and this will delay your AU processing.

On 12/22/2016 at 10:55 AM, ElKel87 said:

I had the same thought but I wouldn't. CSDCAS actually says not to do that in their FAQ section on Academic Update:

Do NOT Send Updated Transcripts Prior to Submitting Your AU

UNDERSTAND: Submitting your AU tells our system which transcripts to expect. Transcripts received PRIOR to submitting your AU will be considered regular transcripts and upon submitting your AU, new transcripts will be required and this will delay your AU processing.

Dang. CSDCAS is a necessary pain! 

2 hours ago, Callen said:

Dang. CSDCAS is a necessary pain! 

I KNOW! I thought it would make it easier having several of my apps through one system but I have not found that to be the case. I also had an issue with one of my transcripts mysteriously not getting there initially. Not sure if that was a problem on the CSDCAS side or with my post-bacc university, but I'm stressing about it all over again with Academic Update.