Canceled my interview at Midwestern Glendale. The program is entirely too expensive for me. $80,000?! Just for tuition and fees?! Had I not been accepted else where, I'd still go. At the time, I was really unsure of my self because of my mediocore stats, and was desperate to get in anywhere and pay whatever price and Midwestern was surely going to be that place (being a developing program and all). I really love the location, their mission, vision and class offerings---

But it's all good tho!

Edited by Chai Tea Latte

12 hours ago, Abby Marie said:

Has anyone who applied to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee heard back yet? It's been about six weeks so I thought we'd hear back by now. 

nope!

3 hours ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

Canceled my interview at Midwestern Glendale. The program is entirely too expensive for me. $80,000?! Just for tuition and fees?! Had I not been accepted else where, I'd still go. At the time, I was really unsure of my self because of my mediocore stats, and was desperate to get in anywhere and pay whatever price and Midwestern was surely going to be that place (being a developing program and all). I really love the location, their mission, vision and class offerings---

But it's all good tho!

I feel ya, and support you. I'm in a similar spot- wasn't sure if I would get in anywhere. Wondering if I should cancel my interview at the school I wouldn't attend even if I was accepted. Don't want to waste time. 

On 2/8/2017 at 3:46 PM, julianorts said:

I got an interview at Emerson!!!! GAH so excited to even be considered! Anyone else doing a skype interview? I go to school in Ohio and can't afford to buy a flight to Boston this close to the date.

I'm also doing a skype interview because I go to school in Ohio! I hope they don't weight our interview differently because we did not go in person

2 hours ago, speechietobecle said:

I'm also doing a skype interview because I go to school in Ohio! I hope they don't weight our interview differently because we did not go in person

I'm doing a Skype interview as well! I don't think they will weigh it differently though. 

Dang is anyone else starting to get super anxious? I know that in less than two weeks I will have heard from most of my programs. It seems like a few people received notification from UT Dallas but I have nothing. I just want to know that I got in somewhere and I currently have heard back from no one.

6 minutes ago, julianorts said:

Dang is anyone else starting to get super anxious? I know that in less than two weeks I will have heard from most of my programs. It seems like a few people received notification from UT Dallas but I have nothing. I just want to know that I got in somewhere and I currently have heard back from no one.

I feel like I check these forums and the survey page constantly. I've been trying to figure out ways to avoid this anxiety. Let me know if you think of any!

24 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

I feel like I check these forums and the survey page constantly. I've been trying to figure out ways to avoid this anxiety. Let me know if you think of any!

That was definitely me until I happened to see other blog posts about the anxiety that sites like gradcafe can give us hopeful grads lol Coincidentally, as soon as I stopped worrying about it, I received my first response from a school (an interview - but hey, it's something!). Plus, I ended up seeing from the surveys and other forum posts that for many of the schools I applied to, ppl hear back really late around March or even late April. So I just said my prayer and have sort of made peace with the waiting game (despite even the early responses I've seen other ppl have had who have applied to the same schools as me). Good luck to you and to everyone! :) *deep breaths* "Woosahhh"

1 minute ago, SpeechLaedy said:

That was definitely me until I happened to see other blog posts about the anxiety that sites like gradcafe can give us hopeful grads lol Coincidentally, as soon as I stopped worrying about it, I received my first response from a school (an interview - but hey, it's something!). Plus, I ended up seeing from the surveys and other forum posts that for many of the schools I applied to, ppl hear back really late around March or even late April. So I just said my prayer and have sort of made peace with the waiting game (despite even the early responses I've seen other ppl have had who have applied to the same schools as me). Good luck to you and to everyone! :) *deep breaths* "Woosahhh"

Honestly, this site helps with the anxiety. I don't know why. I think it's because I know tough it is to get in so seeing other people freak out/get in is helpful. Also it helps to know I'm not alone. I know I really won't know until a month from now, but I just want to get there now! I'm trying to get ahead on assignments and watch a lot of movies and read more to pass the time but that doesn't always work :)  

I'm in the same boat. My top choice school has already sent out two waves of acceptances, so I've just accepted that I'm most likely going to be either wait listed or rejected there. 

15 minutes ago, kenz said:

I'm in the same boat. My top choice school has already sent out two waves of acceptances, so I've just accepted that I'm most likely going to be either wait listed or rejected there. 

Don't be discouraged, I was waitlisted and rejected last year, it can be a humbling experience, but also I had some friends who got off the waitlist at some of their schools. Just a waiting game 

6 hours ago, maurmaur said:

Honestly, this site helps with the anxiety. I don't know why. I think it's because I know tough it is to get in so seeing other people freak out/get in is helpful. Also it helps to know I'm not alone. I know I really won't know until a month from now, but I just want to get there now! I'm trying to get ahead on assignments and watch a lot of movies and read more to pass the time but that doesn't always work :)  

I agree! I've received so much great advice and support I would've never received otherwise. So much information to help us get prepared for each step of this process ?

15 hours ago, kenz said:

What school is that? Asking because I see you applied to UMass and I did too but haven't heard anything from them

1 minute ago, oakfordr said:

What school is that? Asking because I see you applied to UMass and I did too but haven't heard anything from them

Use the gradcafe survey page! People will post if/when they're accepted or rejected or waitlisted. You can also look back pages and see kind of when they let people know last year. I just search speech by date and then I can see every school at once

@oakfordr No, sorry! I was talking about the University of Maryland. UMass is also one of my top choices, but they haven't sent out any decisions yet. 

@Rorororosy Congratulations on your acceptance this year! That has to be such a relief. 

Edited by kenz

If I have seen people on the other page say they got interviews for a school and I still have not received a email about it, should I assume I have been rejected? They do interviews for everyone unless they reject so I feel like there is no hope. 

It won't let me post in the actual results page, but I just got my first notification and I was accepted to Indiana University's program & their bilingual STEPS program! I am absolutely THRILLED!!! I found out about STEPS through email, but they said I will get my official acceptance letter to the program and info on funding in the mail. Best wishes to all of you!

4 minutes ago, julianorts said:

It won't let me post in the actual results page, but I just got my first notification and I was accepted to Indiana University's program & their bilingual STEPS program! I am absolutely THRILLED!!! I found out about STEPS through email, but they said I will get my official acceptance letter to the program and info on funding in the mail. Best wishes to all of you!

That's amazing!! Congrats!!! I've heard of STEP programs but what is the one at that college about? 

23 minutes ago, SpeechLaedy said:

That's amazing!! Congrats!!! I've heard of STEP programs but what is the one at that college about? 

Thank you so so much! I was accepted to the Speech Therapy Education, Practicum, and Services for Latino Children and Families (STEPS) Spanish bilingual program. It's for people interested in working with bilingual clients and it is a specialization you can apply for at IU!

58 minutes ago, julianorts said:

How did you find out?