3 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:
Official transcript from: Algonquin College  

Transcript containing detailed results of your studies. Only original and official documents or notarized copies are accepted

Letter of intent UPDATED  

Letter of intent

Official transcript from: Algonquin College  

Transcript containing detailed results of your studies. Only original and official documents or notarized copies are accepted

Additional information form  

An additional information form is required to apply to your program. To access this form, please consult the specific requirements of your program here

Resumé  

Up-to-date resumé You may e-mail it directly to the Graduate Studies Secretariat of your Faculty

Official transcript from: University of Ottawa  

Resumé  

Up-to-date resumé You may e-mail it directly to the Graduate Studies Secretariat of your Faculty

Letter of intent  

Letter of intent

Is there a reason why there are so many transcripts from my schools? (I've already completed my studies from both these institutions). 

I have the same thing!!! On my page, it shows THREE  resumes, transcripts and letters of intent lmao.

Thank you both, Duplified and sonsofeasterly, for your thoughts! I'll also consider reaching out to current students in the program to make my decision.

Fingers crossed for Munk though! 

I'm curious about another thing - how many people have actually been around the campuses of these programs? I've seen Munk and SPPG's since I'm closer to Toronto, but I've never been to uOttawa or Carleton. Anyone have any insights on campuses, facilities, things they prefer..? I think it goes without saying that UofT is gorgeous though :P I know uOttawa is having an open house on the 18th but I'm not sure I can make it.

10 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

I'm curious about another thing - how many people have actually been around the campuses of these programs? I've seen Munk and SPPG's since I'm closer to Toronto, but I've never been to uOttawa or Carleton. Anyone have any insights on campuses, facilities, things they prefer..? I think it goes without saying that UofT is gorgeous though :P I know uOttawa is having an open house on the 18th but I'm not sure I can make it.

I visited Munk, SPPG, and Carleton in November before I submitted applications. It was a bit of a drive from school in New Brunswick, but was definitely worth it. Carleton, especially the river building (which is where the MPPA program is located) is beautiful and overlooks the river. However, the rest of Carleton is a pretty typical university campus and reminds me a lot of UVIC. I would not say that it is as beautiful as U of T and appears more utilitarian. However, they have like 5 tim hortons on campus and have everything you need, I also like the fact that Carleton has a train stop and is pretty accessible by public transit (and you get a transit pass). Carleton also has tunnels that you can walk through between buildings, which would be nice in the winter. However, I definitely think U of T is a nicer campus and has a better location with more amenities. Both schools give you everything you need though! 

26 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

I'm a Carleton student and have been to uOttawa more times than I can count (a bunch of friends go there) and I have to say there are pros and cons to each. uOttawa is in the heart of the city, blocks from Parliament Hill, Byward Market, Rideau Mall etc. Carleton is more scenic, on the river, and quite beautiful in the Spring/Summer. NPSIA and GSPIA are both housed in the nicest buildings on each campus. For NPSIA, that would be top floor at the River Building (its been changed to 'Richcraft Hall' recently but that name sucks) and GSPIA is at the FSS building, and both are great. Carleton has a really amazing tunnel system which means you don't have to walk from building to building in the cold but uOttawa is a more congested campus since it is downtown and distances between buildings are reasonable. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.

16 minutes ago, Duplified said:

I visited Munk, SPPG, and Carleton in November before I submitted applications. It was a bit of a drive from school in New Brunswick, but was definitely worth it. Carleton, especially the river building (which is where the MPPA program is located) is beautiful and overlooks the river. However, the rest of Carleton is a pretty typical university campus and reminds me a lot of UVIC. I would not say that it is as beautiful as U of T and appears more utilitarian. However, they have like 5 tim hortons on campus and have everything you need, I also like the fact that Carleton has a train stop and is pretty accessible by public transit (and you get a transit pass). Carleton also has tunnels that you can walk through between buildings, which would be nice in the winter. However, I definitely think U of T is a nicer campus and has a better location with more amenities. Both schools give you everything you need though! 

Carleton has been fortunate to have access to the LRT (light rail) system but that is changing next year for UOttawa! The city is building/extending its LRT system to downtown Ottawa and it will stop at the uOttawa campus. It opens next Spring.

1 minute ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I'm a Carleton student and have been to uOttawa more times than I can count (a bunch of friends go there) and I have to say there are pros and cons to each. uOttawa is in the heart of the city, blocks from Parliament Hill, Byward Market, Rideau Mall etc. Carleton is more scenic, on the river, and quite beautiful in the Spring/Summer. NPSIA and GSPIA are both housed in the nicest buildings on each campus. For NPSIA, that would be top floor at the River Building (its been changed to 'Richcraft Hall' recently but that name sucks) and GSPIA is at the FSS building, and both are great. Carleton has a really amazing tunnel system which means you don't have to walk from building to building in the cold but uOttawa is a more congested campus since it is downtown and distances between buildings are reasonable. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.

That's a really good breakdown, thank you! As difficult as it is to choose between the two, at least it seems that there's really no 'wrong' choice here. How's the public transit in the area, if you take it? I've been living with a parent and commuting to save money so I'd likely continue to take the bus there.

2 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

That's a really good breakdown, thank you! As difficult as it is to choose between the two, at least it seems that there's really no 'wrong' choice here. How's the public transit in the area, if you take it? I've been living with a parent and commuting to save money so I'd likely continue to take the bus there.

Public transit is pretty good at both schools. All major bus routes run through uOttawa as it is downtown and they'll have the LRT system there next Spring. Carleton already has the 'O-train' which connects the campus to a number of other stations and has a number of buses that will take you wherever you need to go. I can't say I've ever had problems with public transit at Carleton and have solely used it to get to school as I live at home. uOttawa is without a doubt accessible with public transit and will only get even more convenient with the trains coming.

to those applying to Munk, does anyone else has 'Decision Made'? that's what it says on mu application, but there is no trace of decision email or anything like that anywhere! And I am only mildly freaking out, is anyone joining me?

24 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

to those applying to Munk, does anyone else has 'Decision Made'? that's what it says on mu application, but there is no trace of decision email or anything like that anywhere! And I am only mildly freaking out, is anyone joining me?

Mine still says 'under review'. When did your status change? Since it's early, I am assuming 'decision made' is a good sign!

33 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

That was quick and probably means you got accepted, although I don't want to get your hopes up! I would be excited.

1 hour ago, pixiedustxo said:

Mine still says 'under review'. When did your status change? Since it's early, I am assuming 'decision made' is a good sign!

I don't really know, I checked about a week ago and it was 'Under Review', and now it's 'decision made'. I really badly need funding though, and my heart will probably break if they don't offer anything. 

58 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

That was quick and probably means you got accepted, although I don't want to get your hopes up! I would be excited.

Oh okay, I will try to keep it together till they get back to me :) 

Thank you guys! 

7 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

Mine still says under review too. But this is a good sign for us all - I think it pretty well confirms decisions will be out tomorrow.

I wish I hadn't checked - I won't sleep tonight haha

52 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

Check and see if they need official transcripts in the documents section. That might give a hint. 

yeah about that... they actually have three copies of my official transcript. My uni was having issues mailing them, so I ended up asking them to keep sending until Munk receive at least one. So no hint there I'm afraid :( 

Did you not have to submit an official transcript?

4 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

yeah about that... they actually have three copies of my official transcript. My uni was having issues mailing them, so I ended up asking them to keep sending until Munk receive at least one. So no hint there I'm afraid :( 

Did you not have to submit an official transcript?

Not to Munk, no. I needed one unofficial from BU (where I did my undergrad) and one from the school I went to on exchange. But they accepted PDFs for both.

Edited by DefeatistElitist

4 hours ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Public transit is pretty good at both schools. All major bus routes run through uOttawa as it is downtown and they'll have the LRT system there next Spring. Carleton already has the 'O-train' which connects the campus to a number of other stations and has a number of buses that will take you wherever you need to go. I can't say I've ever had problems with public transit at Carleton and have solely used it to get to school as I live at home. uOttawa is without a doubt accessible with public transit and will only get even more convenient with the trains coming.

Do you still plan on living from home during grad studies? I also live at home in Ottawa - born and raised here ( I'm in the boring east end suburbs tho). 

I know Carleton's MPPA program has given 36k (according to a post on this forum). Also, when I talked to the Graduate Studies Supervisor at the MPPA program, I believe they said it can go as high as 40 (but my memory is a little fuzzy on this). 

1 minute ago, Duplified said:

I know Carleton's MPPA program has given 36k (according to a post on this forum). Also, when I talked to the Graduate Studies Supervisor at the MPPA program, I believe they said it can go as high as 40 (but my memory is a little fuzzy on this). 

WTF my god that is a lot.. is that for Canadian students or international?

5 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

WTF my god that is a lot.. is that for Canadian students or international?

Canadian Students. Its because TA positions, RA positions, entrance scholarships, merit scholarships, and donor-funded awards can all be combined into the admissions offer. Plus TA positions offer a minimum of 10,000 per year. So if you end up getting a TA position, merit scholarship and entrance scholarship its at least 13,000 a year (counting a 1k merit scholarship, but they can go up to 12k per year) and then you could get a RA position and donor-funded award to top it off. Its pretty unreal....

https://graduate.carleton.ca/financial-assistance/admissions-funding/

2 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Canadian Students. Its because TA positions, RA positions, entrance scholarships, merit scholarships, and donor-funded awards can all be combined into the admissions offer. Plus TA positions offer a minimum of 10,000 per year. So if you end up getting a TA position, merit scholarship and entrance scholarship its at least 13,000 a year (counting a 1k merit scholarship, but they can go up to 12k per year) and then you could get a RA position and donor-funded award to top it off. Its pretty unreal....

https://graduate.carleton.ca/financial-assistance/admissions-funding/

32k could literally change your life. Phil Ryan from their SPPA program notified me last week that he was recommending me for admission and that offers will be sent out this week. Definitely excited and anxious to hear back! Fingers crossed :)