2017 Acceptances

45 minutes ago, eatthatbee said:

Oh, okay! Sorry about that, thank you for clarifying! No offense intended.

Not a problem; rejection just sucks. Hope you have better luck!

16 hours ago, piers_plowman said:

I'm into Hopkins as well! Congrats Sunsy!! I can't believe it, I've rechecked the email like ten times

Congrats!!!!!!!! @piers_plowman  and @Sunsy!!!!
you guys must be over the moon. I am so happy for you!! - although it could mean i got rejected haha
But i am seriously happy for you!! way to go!!!

Congrats everyone who got in somewhere on Friday!! What a great way to end the week!

I'm curious about other Notre Dame applicants -- I saw that a ton of rejections went up yesterday (sorry to all of those people). I haven't heard anything yet, and my application status is still just "submitted," but I also wasn't invited to an interview or anything. Anyone else is the same boat? Frustrating since now it's the weekend and we likely won't hear anything until next week :'(

Accepted for a PhD in Literary and Cultural Studies at CMU! and Comp Lit at PSU!!!!!

OVER THE MOOON!!!!!!

Still waiting on NYU, JHU, McGill

and on a shortlist from NW in Performance Studies.

keep the faith fellows!!!!! and best of luck!!! <3 3

3 minutes ago, KTF87 said:

Accepted for a PhD in Literary and Cultural Studies at CMU! and Comp Lit at PSU!!!!!

OVER THE MOOON!!!!!!

Ahhh, congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!!

10 minutes ago, KTF87 said:

OVER THE MOOON!!!!!

Congratulations! Such great news! 

17 minutes ago, othersamantha said:

I'm curious about other Notre Dame applicants -- I saw that a ton of rejections went up yesterday (sorry to all of those people). I haven't heard anything yet, and my application status is still just "submitted," but I also wasn't invited to an interview or anything. Anyone else is the same boat? Frustrating since now it's the weekend and we likely won't hear anything until next week :'(

I received an email from ND yesterday titled "Update to your Application" and directing me to the portal. So I'm not sure what your not receiving anything means. I would assume a rejection, since you didn't receive an interview offer (I personally crossed them out two weeks ago), but I'm sorry that they haven't officially let you know anything yet. :unsure:

9 minutes ago, KTF87 said:

OVER THE MOOON!!!!!!

Way to go! Both fantastic programs!

1 hour ago, KTF87 said:

OVER THE MOOON!!!!!!

Congrats! You'll have some great choices to make. :)

7 hours ago, Yanaka said:

Congrats to the latest accepted GC-ers!

Anyone heard from Duke?

It appears that someone got accepted to Duke Lit already. There goes my dream program. 

22 minutes ago, ThePomoHipster said:

It appears that someone got accepted to Duke Lit already. There goes my dream program. 

From what I heard someone posting early could mean a lot of things! It may be that the acceptances are coming im waves, distributed based on research interest, or that the person got some sort of award and the program is therefore contacting them first. I say do not lose hope until you get an official email. :)

Edited by KikiDelivery

31 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Yes I'd say that too. The only thing is, that Duke usually seems to send answers earlier than Feb 4, which is probably why @ThePomoHipster is even more desperate than I am!

Yup that's what it is. I won't lose hope just yet but things are looking pretty grim at this point. 

Hope yet for Columbia applicants: just got a Skype interview request. The email said mine was among the final apps in my subfield being considered, which means they're sending out requests/offers by area rather than tout court, so timelines may differ. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Edited by piers_plowman

8 minutes ago, ProfessionalNerd said:

I was just accepted into Pittsburgh :D 

I was also waitlisted at Rochester last night. 

This is turning out to be a really eventful application season. 

Hi, I am what people call a Lurker, but a relatively new one, so hello. 

I am so confused about the Rochester wait-lists. Have any acceptances gone out? I haven't seen any on the board. 

I botched my application here (LORs were submitted only last week!) so I won't be surprised if I don't hear back soon. But why no acceptances? 

31 minutes ago, piers_plowman said:

Hope yet for Columbia applicants: just got a Skype interview request. The email said mine was among the final apps in my subfield being considered, which means they're sending out requests/offers by area rather than tout court, so timelines may differ. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

In that case its quite possible the Columbia interview requests from last week were also English. Congrats on the interview!

19 minutes ago, Diagon said:

Hi, I am what people call a Lurker, but a relatively new one, so hello. 

I am so confused about the Rochester wait-lists. Have any acceptances gone out? I haven't seen any on the board. 

I botched my application here (LORs were submitted only last week!) so I won't be surprised if I don't hear back soon. But why no acceptances? 

I'm also a bit of a lurker. I needed something to distract me from my thesis and applications, hence why i'm here haha.

I'm not too sure about what Rochester is doing in terms of sending out acceptances. I'm just pleased to be on the waitlist, at the very least. 

Edited by ProfessionalNerd

47 minutes ago, KikiDelivery said:

I got into Pittsburgh! 

One of my dream schools! I am so happy! :):)

29 minutes ago, ProfessionalNerd said:

I was just accepted into Pittsburgh :D 

I was also waitlisted at Rochester last night. 

This is turning out to be a really eventful application season. 

Yay, I'm into Pittsburgh too! Congratulations to you both!! So excited to go visit. Are either of you medievalists?