Will this torture end?

nixipixi

4 minutes ago, .letmeinplz// said:

I hope the decisions don't take as long to come as winter did in GoT...

"Winter is coming" This was actually about waiting for grad school decisions!! theyre all so afraid of winter because the zombies/admissions committees are coming for them... 

3 minutes ago, .letmeinplz// said:

I hope the decisions don't take as long to come as winter did in GoT...

Me too.
I had an interview with my primary POI last week. Historically, the admit notifications for the program that I applied to have come out sometime in early February, so it is going to be a tense week or two until I get some idea of what is going on.

9 minutes ago, SG_SC said:

This is literally the most stressful thing in my life right now. I have gone through 2 bottles of scotch a week since January began. 

That would seriously kill my monthly alcohol budget - I tend to drink higher end single malts.

7 minutes ago, avflinsch said:

That would seriously kill my monthly alcohol budget - I tend to drink higher end single malts.

My personal favorite is Glenfiddich- 18. Though due to financial constraints I've had to move down to 12. 

9 minutes ago, SG_SC said:

My personal favorite is Glenfiddich- 18. Though due to financial constraints I've had to move down to 12. 

Laphroaig 18, Balvenie Doublewood and Dalmore 15 are my favorites, but I am not averse to the Trader Joe's specials (Lismore and Islay Storm) for glass 3+..

21 minutes ago, Amanda87 said:

I've gotta say though, I got one admit from my safety school and it's made me even more anxious. I don't know if that's common. I'm glad I got it but would really like to know about the other two. Ugh!

I'm feeling the same way, my one admit has made me even more anxious and impatient so I feel like the torture will only end when we make that final decision.

My anxiety is through the roof at this point.  Nothing I've done so far has distracted me enough to not check my email 10 times an hour.  Luckily, I just got a job offer to teach toddlers, so I'm hoping that will be a sufficient distraction from the admissions process for now.

1 hour ago, alisham said:

My anxiety is through the roof at this point.  Nothing I've done so far has distracted me enough to not check my email 10 times an hour. 

I can't find anything that distracts me for more than 30 minutes or so. I've managed to mostly chill out before 9am, after 6pm, and on the weekends, but during working hours I can't focus on work or on writing my thesis. I check the forums, the results, my inbox, my spam, and my application portals over and over again... If I could just get one acceptance, I think I would be alright!

BTW I'm super jealous of that UConn acceptance-- I'm DYING to hear back from them about whether or not I got into the PhD English program.

9 minutes ago, anxiousgrad said:

If I could just get one acceptance, I think I would be alright!

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Now that I received one acceptance, I keep thinking that the others should come shortly.  So, now I'm checking my inbox even more than I was before.

I'm actually surprised UConn let people from the MSW program know so soon.  Looking through the forum, I was expecting to have to wait until late March like others in the previous years did.  Hopefully you hear from them soon!

4 hours ago, lingerstarrrrr said:

Just wanna ask, as a PhD applicant, will you get accept without interview or contact with POI? ECE major

I don't know about your field, but I've been offered 2 acceptances so far without interview. I did contacted some POIs from the programs and we corresponded either by email or skype before I sent in my applications.

One offer even include full funding - they told me the good news by email first, then a second POI requested to talk by skype. It wasn't really an "interview" as I was already offered the admission with funding. She just wanted to talk about the details of the funding and the department, and persuade me to accept the offer.

I'm still waiting from 3 other programs. It feels like forever. 

On 1/31/2017 at 2:38 AM, Amanda87 said:

I've gotta say though, I got one admit from my safety school and it's made me even more anxious. I don't know if that's common. I'm glad I got it but would really like to know about the other two. Ugh!

This is so true! Although one offer is from my top choice... I still need to hear from the other 3!!!

Hey everyone!

Currently....

Applied to: University of Michigan, NYU, UW Madison, Harvard, UPenn, USC

Admitted: 2/6; Rejected: 0/6; Waitlisted: 0/6; Nothing yet: 4/6

NYU teased me today! They sent me an email and the subject started with "Welcome..." but it was a letter from the Dean saying thank you for applying and providing resources and scholarship info to look into while they continue with the review process.