21 minutes ago, Danielle49 said:

To all those who have been offered conditional acceptance to U of T, where will be doing the stastics prerequisite over the summer? Please help! 

The people I knew in Health Promotion at UofT who had to take a stats course took this one from Guelph (offered online): https://courses.opened.uoguelph.ca/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=18978

I believe Athabasca also offers an online stats course.  You can also check and see if any local universities offer a summer course in stats.

You can also check out the Canadian Virtual University: http://www.cvu-uvc.ca/courses.php?page=subject&language=English

If any of you have questions about UofT, feel free to ask.  I graduated from the Nutrition & Dietetics stream, but took several classes with the other streams (including Intro to Public Health and CHAM I & II).

42 minutes ago, hannahebb said:

I just got rejected from UBC... I'm really bummed, I thought I was an alright candidate.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I bet you're a great candidate! It's so weird when you realize how competitive admissions to an MPH is these days. The fact that you applied and gave it your best shot counts! And it is a real bummer to get a rejection. I hope you do something today to make the day a bit better <3

1 hour ago, hannahebb said:

I just got rejected from UBC... I'm really bummed, I thought I was an alright candidate.

Received a rejection from UBC as well this afternoon. Such a disappointment. 

3 hours ago, Mph17 said:

For those who got into UT MPH, when do you have to accept your offers by? I'm wondering if they're sending the first round offers to all 42? Or half of that? 

The email I got didn't go into the details of when you have to accept by. I'm guessing for that information I would have to wait for the package in the mail. Other programs give you around 4 weeks, so I would guess that it's similar to that. 

35 minutes ago, MacPanther said:

Just got rejected from UBC, they dont go into detail. Im guessing many health professionals applied and being out of province was a factor. 

So sorry to hear that :( Just got an email and was waitlisted! Not sure how many people are on the waitlist or how many spots will open up. 

4 hours ago, NovaTerra said:

Congratulations! I hope I get an offer too some day :unsure:

Do you mind sharing your credentials and if there are any conditions for your offer?

Thank you and I hope you receive some good news soon! The deadline to accept for today’s offers is April 2nd (which is coming up pretty quickly). No other conditions to the offer.

I graduated from uoft last year, so I guess I’m considered a professional (amateur really). 

Majors: Human biology and Psychology (cGPA of 3.3; last two years’ GPA ~3.6)

- 3 years of research experience in invasional ecology (with a manuscript in prep); 2 years of RA experience in social neuroscience

- completed 2 independent research projects during my undergrad (in two different disciplines relevant to my degree)

- collaborating on a meta analysis relevant to clinical psych. 

- currently employed as a project manager/RA for a clinical Epidemiology department at a hospital. My focus with this role is collaborating on a systematic review on healthcare in underserved populations. This is a significant bit of experience for me as it is my only direct experience in epi research. 

- various other research related employment, volunteer clinical experience (hospital, on-campus emergency response group)

- personally, I think my favourite element of my app was my letter of intent. I really tried to connect my experiences as it pertains to public health and had very specific goals within the program. I’m a second time applicant (waitlisted last year) so I made sure that I showed some evolution from then to now. 

- i did terrible on the GRE’s quant component. Did well on the other sections and got As for all of my statistic courses in undergrad. I really do think they place an emphasis on experience and the letter.

- Also i have known my referring professors (both of them were my supervisors for my honours thesis and I was employed with them as well) for 3+ years.

Good luck to you — fingers crossed!

Edited by blind_faith

I was accepted by U of A for their MPH in Health Policy & Management program! No official letter yet but the notification that one is on the way. I don't think anybody had posted about that stream yet... hopefully this means they are sending out acceptances for all of the MPH streams now. 

19 minutes ago, ckn1 said:

I was accepted by U of A for their MPH in Health Policy & Management program! No official letter yet but the notification that one is on the way. I don't think anybody had posted about that stream yet... hopefully this means they are sending out acceptances for all of the MPH streams now. 

congrats! this program one of my top choices so my anxiety just hit the roof

did you see this on the evision portal, or was it an email?

Edited by yegMPH

4 hours ago, Mph17 said:

Western said they won't be sending out acceptances until mid April. 

I feel like they say that every year just to be safe. But, I went into the forums from 2017 and 2016. Both were sent very early April (like April 3/4), so I'm assuming we will find out then.

5 hours ago, emilywpg said:

A heads up, I received a recommendation for admission from U Alberta (Health Promotion) this afternoon. 

4 hours ago, Rhcesar said:

Just got an acceptance letter from U of A Health Promotion ?.

I got a rejection from U Manitoba last week.

Congratulations on the acceptances emilywpg and Rhcesar

I applied to MPH Epi finally but Health Promotion was a favourite too with me.

It would be great if you could post your credentials. Thanks.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:51 PM, MaiR1 said:

Thanks for sharing your stats!

I was wondering if you submitted your application early on. 

No, I submitted my application the day before the due date for U of T Health Promo. 

Congratulations to everyone in here who got accepted! Some of you have been nice enough to post your profiles and they're so apt and impressive, I feel like I was never in the competition.

I have a question, with the recent flurry of mails from UofT Health Promotion, is it reasonable to assume that if I haven't heard back yet it's likely a rejection?

9 minutes ago, MDC15 said:

Anyone still waiting for SFU MPH? Their advisor said decisions were still being made through the rest of the month.

I am still waiting to hear back from SFU. Thank you for the information!