Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

2 minutes ago, TAGC said:

@GCStudent Any insights into when interview invites are going out and dates of interviews?

If I knew I was allowed to talk about it, I would! I know how stressful this period of time is for everyone! I was in your shoes last year! You can do it, you can get through it. 

Make sure you are taking time for you during this stressful time!

2 hours ago, Blizzard said:

It wasn't phrased rudely. I'm summarizing. It was in a longer discussion. She wasn't rude about it, just honest (which I DO appreciate!!!)

Yes I agree, I have been able to speak to both Erin and Angie at WSU a few times and they are both honest and helpful. I think their transparency can come off harsh but is really meant to be beneficial for us applicants. :) they definitely want everyone who works hard to get spots in GC programs. You can tell how much they love the field and how much work they put in for the future GCs out there-the process is just painful.

Edited by AB1996GC

5 minutes ago, CdaveyGC said:

Do most schools send out emails for rejections/interviews or do they call? 

All of my interviews have been e-mail and all of my rejections have been snail mail.

4 minutes ago, CdaveyGC said:

Do most schools send out emails for rejections/interviews or do they call? 

I've been told most rejections come via email, and for U of M and Wayne, at least last year, it looks like emails were sent out for rejections :/ The wait's been killing me. U of M gave calls for interviews last year and Wayne gave emails 

21 minutes ago, Campbell13 said:

What an amazing forum:D...that I found like a week ago:(  I have an interview at Ohio State in Feb, anyone have any idea how many people they interview in total?  THANKS!

I'm interviewing there too, I think they are interviewing 60-70 total.

3 hours ago, Blizzard said:

Does anyone know where all KGI's rotations will be? I'm listening to their prospective student recording thing from last week and it gives more clarity, but not an extensive amount?

I went to their visitation day and they will be pretty scattered among LA and Orange County as well as the inland empire. It can be the hospitals or laboratories in these areas. Expect 1.5 hour drive to some rotations

39 minutes ago, Campbell13 said:

What an amazing forum:D...that I found like a week ago:(  I have an interview at Ohio State in Feb, anyone have any idea how many people they interview in total?  THANKS!

They are interviewing 72!

8 minutes ago, Genez said:

Does anyone know how many people UAMS is interviewing?

UAMS is a school that interviews all complete applications. That being said they have on their website that they received 30-40 applications annually 

10 minutes ago, CdaveyGC said:

Do itttt. I'm way too scared to call 

Same, if someone bites the bullet for UMich I’ll bite the bullet and call one of the other programs were supposed to hear from (VCU or ISU)

Edited by HSGC2017

4 minutes ago, HSGC2017 said:

Same, if someone bites the bullet for UMich I’ll bite the bullet and call one of the other programs were supposed to hear from (VCU or ISU)

And Wayne! 

5 minutes ago, HSGC2017 said:

Same, if someone bites he bullet for UMich I’ll bite the bullet and call one of the other programs were supposed to hear from (VCU or ISU)

I just checked VCU's website and it says interview offers will be made by the end of February, so I wouldn't say there's a need to call them yet! :rolleyes: