Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

For those of you who sent in your application to LIU Post, did anyone just receive an email right now from their undregrad admissions?? I got this email from their freshman admissions about them needing my SAT scores and high school transcript. I’m like, “yeah this doesn’t look right.”

I emailed them and they said it was an error. Should I call the GC program just in case?

16 minutes ago, CdaveyGC said:

I didn't get an email from Wayne so I'm assuming it's a no :( One down one to go

Chin up, it’s not a no unless they say no. I’m cheering for you to get your invites whether from that program or another!

8 minutes ago, kbs12 said:

Does anyone have info on South Carolina? Due date was December 1st so I was expected offers to be in January :/

I also applied there and have heard nothing--it says on their website that applications are reviewed "in January and February" so I think we're still definitely in the clear. I'm also hoping to hear back soon; it's been so long!

14 minutes ago, kbs12 said:

Does anyone have info on South Carolina? Due date was December 1st so I was expected offers to be in January :/

It’s the same with boston, their deadline was 15th so i was hoping to hear from them first, no luck :(

30 minutes ago, HSGC2017 said:

Chin up, it’s not a no unless they say no. I’m cheering for you to get your invites whether from that program or another!

Thank you! I'm a little discouraged. I only have one other program, UMich , which I'm not very hopeful about. 

9 minutes ago, CdaveyGC said:

Thank you! I'm a little discouraged. I only have one other program, UMich , which I'm not very hopeful about. 

There are four programs that have not yet closed their applications. I would highly recommend throwing one more in there!

15 minutes ago, CdaveyGC said:

I hope we both hear back from them with interviews! But you should def try submitting a few more of you can (Augustana has a feb5 deadline), a few are still open until feb 1st

19 hours ago, TAGC said:

Got an e-mail from Manitoba offering me an interview! So relieved to finally have heard from a program. They offered 4 interview dates: March 6th, March 13th, March 20th, and March 27th.

Firstly, congrats!

Has anybody gotten any interview from Manitoba? Or are all their interviews out already? 

12 minutes ago, NicSL said:

Firstly, congrats!

Has anybody gotten any interview from Manitoba? Or are all their interviews out already? 

I haven't heard back from them either. Wondering the same thing.. if they're still sending out interview offers or if they sent them all out at once, yesterday. Anybody have experiences with this from last year? 

16 minutes ago, NicSL said:

Firstly, congrats!

I haven't heard back either, but I saw someone post last night that they received an interview invite!

12 minutes ago, bB0769 said:

I haven't heard back from them either. Wondering the same thing.. if they're still sending out interview offers or if they sent them all out at once, yesterday. Anybody have experiences with this from last year? 

Last year I think they sent them all at once.  They asked us to rank our top two interview dates and will be prioritizing interviews based on that, which makes me think they were all sent at the same time.  That being said, they haven't confirmed my interview date yet, which could mean they're still sending out offers.

1 hour ago, HSGC2017 said:

I hope we both hear back from them with interviews! But you should def try submitting a few more of you can (Augustana has a feb5 deadline), a few are still open until feb 1st

What applications are still open? I know TJU, Augustana, and KGI. What is the last one?

28 minutes ago, TAGC said:

Last year I think they sent them all at once.  They asked us to rank our top two interview dates and will be prioritizing interviews based on that, which makes me think they were all sent at the same time.  That being said, they haven't confirmed my interview date yet, which could mean they're still sending out offers.

Ah! The uncertainty is so nervewracking! Thanks for letting us know :)