Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

56 minutes ago, TAGC said:

Last year I think they sent them all at once.  They asked us to rank our top two interview dates and will be prioritizing interviews based on that, which makes me think they were all sent at the same time.  That being said, they haven't confirmed my interview date yet, which could mean they're still sending out offers.

That makes sense. Nervewracking indeed! Well keep us updated if Manitoba sends you confirmation emails for the interview, and above all, congratulations!! I think we met last year at Toronto and McGill. I remember you telling me your username. Wishing you luck this year =) 

4 minutes ago, bB0769 said:

That makes sense. Nervewracking indeed! Well keep us updated if Manitoba sends you confirmation emails for the interview, and above all, congratulations!! I think we met last year at Toronto and McGill. I remember you telling me your username. Wishing you luck this year =) 

I only interviewed at UBC and Manitoba last year, so it might not have been me.  Hopefully we cross paths this round though!

On 1/29/2018 at 9:09 AM, TAGC said:

I actually completely ignored the letter, thinking I'd only bother with it if I got an interview.  Maybe I should go back and read it more thoroughly :-s

I contacted them and they said to ignore the letter, the university didn't realize the program was run through extended education and sent that out to people by mistake 

3 minutes ago, Brifeir said:

did anyone else get mail from arcadia letting them know their app was submitted? i got it and i was like well ya...but did i get an interview??? NERVES WRACKING

I haven't gotten this in the mail yet... which also worries me! ?

5 hours ago, CdnGC123 said:

I am still waiting for Stanford... ahh. Is anyone else still waiting? Did you guys see your application results on the applyweb page?

I got an email telling me that there was a decision letter uploaded on ApplyWeb! Then when I went there's a button that took me to a pdf of the decision letter.

46 minutes ago, AnonymousWalrus said:

For those who applied to Indiana State, they said today is the latest everyone will be hearing about interview invitations.

I was expecting to hear from them by now after they sent that email a while back! It doesn’t sound like they’ve sent any yet.

17 minutes ago, HSGC2017 said:

I haven’t gotten the official rejection yet then but I’m sure if I emailed I’d get it 

You might be waitlisted for interviews. I know they gave people until Friday to submit their preferences so they might not want to reject everyone before then

20 minutes ago, agct664 said:

You might be waitlisted for interviews. I know they gave people until Friday to submit their preferences so they might not want to reject everyone before then

That makes sense I’m just worried that not enough people will decline an interview (I absolutely wouldn’t) also I wonder how big the waitlist is 

7 minutes ago, HSGC2017 said:

That makes sense I’m just worried that not enough people will decline an interview (I absolutely wouldn’t) also I wonder how big the waitlist is 

Yeah I agree, I think it becomes more likely later in the application process when certain really qualified applicants have tons of interview offers and they simply can't make it to all of the schools. Crossing my fingers for you though!!

12 minutes ago, HSGC2017 said:

...You have MY EXACT FEELINGS right now!!!!

I just checked my email. I don't have a Cincinnati reject letter in there either, yet. Never have I been so happy to have a school NOT email.

I have the same hopes you have. We just need a few who were TOO qualified for their own good and decide they don't want an extra interview! My fingers are crossed for you too! 

2 hours ago, BoxerBoo said:

I got an email telling me that there was a decision letter uploaded on ApplyWeb! Then when I went there's a button that took me to a pdf of the decision letter.

Thank you! I still haven't received an e-mail and find no letter on my applyweb page.. so fingers crossed no news is good news.

10 minutes ago, Raerae32 said:

anyone know what schools we can expect to hear from today?

University of Arizona's website says "Notification of On-Site Interview: Late January 2018"

So, fingers crossed we hear today :) 

10 minutes ago, hb_94 said:

University of Arizona's website says "Notification of On-Site Interview: Late January 2018"

So, fingers crossed we hear today :) 

Ahhh I'm so nervous! I really hope Arizona sends out invites today. I feel like I've been on the edge of my seat just waiting for days. lol

Hope everyone is having a great day today!!