Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

9 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

People who applied to UAB, where you at? I haven't seen much mention of Alabama applicants in the thread!

Me! Eagerly awaiting any news...

28 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

People who applied to UAB, where you at? I haven't seen much mention of Alabama applicants in the thread!

I'm also applying to UAB! It seems to not be as popular as some of the other schools, but I'm excited to hear back from them (sooner rather than later hopefully...)

I noticed I am scheduled for the very last days of interviews at Michigan which is probably why I was emailed today. Do you think the day we were emailed has anything to do with where we are on their ranking list? 

29 minutes ago, hfj23 said:

I noticed I am scheduled for the very last days of interviews at Michigan which is probably why I was emailed today. Do you think the day we were emailed has anything to do with where we are on their ranking list? 

I think you're too worried. You got the interview. You don't need to prove yourself on your application anymore. It's like a clean slate. From this point forward, schools will choose on personalities best suited for their program, and who can present themselves as qualified.  I mean I have never interviewed someone applying to a school program, but I have interviewed several people for jobs. 
Sometimes the best application, is just not a good fit for the office environment after the interview. Then, sometimes, you realize that someone lied on their application during the interview. You are good enough. Now you just have to show them that you'll fit in and you're equipped to be their student.

Congratulations though! You are an equal with everyone else who has an interview, don't forget.

1 hour ago, TAGC said:

Fellow Canadian here.  I've heard back from Manitoba already, but I haven't heard of anyone else who has, so they may still be giving out interviews.  Last year, UBC sent out their interview invitations on February 3rd, so they could be sending them out any day now.  I've been rejected from McGill three times, and every time it was on the VERY last day of February.  I'm not sure if they send out interview invitations earlier than rejections though.  I believe UofT is mid-February.

My friend also got an interview from Manitoba on the same day as you! 

4 minutes ago, NicSL said:

My friend also got an interview from Manitoba on the same day as you! 

Out of curiousity, did they interview with Manitoba last year?  I'm kind of wondering if they e-mailed the people who had previously interviewed with them first, and will be e-mailing the other applicants later.

6 minutes ago, TAGC said:

Out of curiousity, did they interview with Manitoba last year?  I'm kind of wondering if they e-mailed the people who had previously interviewed with them first, and will be e-mailing the other applicants later.

No, she didn't! But this is her second time applying...they might have selected their return applicants first? 

13 minutes ago, NicSL said:

No, she didn't! But this is her second time applying...they might have selected their return applicants first? 

I don't think they select return-applicants first, but I was wait-listed last year, so I was just curious if that made a difference.  I honestly don't think it did, though.

11 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Did you get an email?? I have nothing. This is starting to become a trend.

Yeah, I got an email from UAB. That's the only way I've been finding out interview status.

3 minutes ago, AJM19 said:

Yeah, I got an email from UAB. That's the only way I've been finding out interview status.

I don't have one, so I'm taking that as my 6th rejection. Dang it. I really really wanted UAB.

2 hours ago, TAGC said:

Fellow Canadian here.  I've heard back from Manitoba already, but I haven't heard of anyone else who has, so they may still be giving out interviews.  Last year, UBC sent out their interview invitations on February 3rd, so they could be sending them out any day now.  I've been rejected from McGill three times, and every time it was on the VERY last day of February.  I'm not sure if they send out interview invitations earlier than rejections though.  I believe UofT is mid-February.

Thanks for your helpful response! I hope Manitoba isn't finished sending out interviews yet... I applied there in addition to McGill and UofT last year too but didn't get any interviews. I figure I'll start making calls around mid-feb except for McGill. Any advice for re-applicants?