Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

4 minutes ago, AspiringGC said:

DId they email you? 

Yup! Got an e-mail from them listing 5 different dates throughout March and April and they can schedule 8 different interviewees at each.

4 minutes ago, KCGC said:

Yup! Got an e-mail from them listing 5 different dates throughout March and April and they can schedule 8 different interviewees at each.

Congrats! They’re my top choice, but haven’t received anything so a little bummed.

17 minutes ago, KCGC said:

UT interview over here too!!! I hope Baylor sends out their offers soon.. I would really like to coordinate if I get an offer at Baylor too 

Edited by Nefelibata

Emailed some people at VCU about another program and found out I will not be getting an interview this round. So for those of you that applied I'm assuming invites will be coming around soon! Rejected officially from 4/11....pretty close to mentally writing off the possibility of getting an interview this round-_-

8 minutes ago, lilmaz said:

Emailed some people at VCU about another program and found out I will not be getting an interview this round. So for those of you that applied I'm assuming invites will be coming around soon! Rejected officially from 4/11....pretty close to mentally writing off the possibility of getting an interview this round-_-

Don't give up hope yet! I have 4/12 rejections too, the later schools may be the ones you're invited to!

14 minutes ago, lilmaz said:

Hey, don’t worry. I have 3 rejections and waiting on 11 more. You ain’t alone.

19 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Hanging right in there with ya! What schools did you apply to, again?

I applied to LIU Post, Rutgers, U-Maryland, Emory, USF, UT-Houston, Ohio State, Arcadia, Thomas Jefferson, U-Michigan, U-Colorado, Denver, Indiana State University, U-Indiana, and one more but I’m blanking on where it was haha.

How about you?

48 minutes ago, lilmaz said:

Sorry to hear :/ any indication of when they'd be sending invites or do you think the move is to just email them?

11 minutes ago, AnonymousWalrus said:

I applied to LIU Post, Rutgers, U-Maryland, Emory, USF, UT-Houston, Ohio State, Arcadia, Thomas Jefferson, U-Michigan, U-Colorado, Denver, Indiana State University, U-Indiana, and one more but I’m blanking on where it was haha.

How about you?

Hi! I applied to USF as well! Have you heard anything back from them? 

3 minutes ago, Brifeir said:

Sorry to hear :/ any indication of when they'd be sending invites or do you think the move is to just email them?

Wait for sure, I haven't seen on the results page anyone getting interviews there yet so they probably haven't started the process yet. I just meant they have a list somewhere and the wait should be over soon. 

2 minutes ago, laura moreno said:

Hi! I applied to USF as well! Have you heard anything back from them? 

USF was a little later in sending out interview invites last year too. I was anticipating beginning-mid Feb, but I haven't had any communications with the program to confirm that. 

3 minutes ago, lilmaz said:

Wait for sure, I haven't seen on the results page anyone getting interviews there yet so they probably haven't started the process yet. I just meant they have a list somewhere and the wait should be over soon. 

Alright, thanks! Good luck with the rest of your schools I hope you nab an interview!!

1 hour ago, lilmaz said:

Sorry to hear that :( but you have 7 more schools to hear back from! I'm sure many of us are in the same boat with waiting and it is definitely agony ? I'm waiting for 10 and I want to rip my hair out!!

Does anyone know when we may hear from Baylor? I have a UT interview and I was hoping to do them together. Or has anyone had luck with asking programs when they'll hear- not sure if it is ok to do so?

Edited by allele1

45 minutes ago, allele1 said:

Does anyone know when we may hear from Baylor? I have a UT interview and I was hoping to do them together. Or has anyone had luck with asking programs when they'll hear- not sure if it is ok to do so?

Someone on the discord chat said two weeks from now.

Hi All,

I applied to Indiana U, SLC, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Stanislaus, and Northwestern. Just got the rejection from Wisconsin, trying to remain optimistic. SO hard explaining this admissions process to family/friends/coworkers etc. I've been looking at this forum and torturing myself trying to calculate my odds... so I thought I would share my story incase it helps anyone in a similar situation :)

Info about me:

3.21 GPA, 159/153/4.5 GRE (Yes, I am worried about how these numbers will affect my future)

Graduated Spring 2015 from Indiana U w/ B.A. Biology (4 year Varsity athlete)

Currently working in Biochem/Molecular Gen/Epigen lab at Northwestern researching in vivo/pre-clinical therapies for Leukemia (Patiently awaiting publication) 

Attend weekly seminars in Biochem/Molec Gen/Epigen, Clinical Conference on NF, Grand Rounds in Hem/Onc etc, Northwestern GC Workshop 2017

Interviewed 2 GC's and shadowed one in Clinic (Pediatric Metabolic Disorders, General Pediatric Genetics, Neurofibromatosis)

1 year DV Hotline experience, 8+ months experience with disability advocacy, and some other loosely related volunteer experience I hope to have spun in my favor

I was just rejected from Wisconsin - Could have been because I submitted my personal statements as 3 pages single spaced, realized my mistake but wasn't able to resubmit with correct version - Could have been anything (I dunno!). 

Has anyone heard back from Indiana University (+/-)? Minnesota? 

Wishing everyone else luck and fruitful page-refreshing :) 

12 minutes ago, Applicatiome said:

Has anyone heard back from Indiana University (+/-)? Minnesota? 

Hi fellow IU grad!!! I'm a senior at Indiana now!  Just to answer your question about IU, they sent out all their interview invites a while back.

Edited by GCtobee