Genetic Counseling Fall 2018 Applicants

GeneDawg

20 minutes ago, NewAtThis said:

@KaryoKid and @Rosie414 I know this means I'm probably still in the denial phase, but did either of you apply for Dual Degree program for Pitt?

I applied for the dual program. But as someone said earlier it sounds like they are sending out multiple invitations. My email said the dates below were only a few of them, so definitely seems like they will invite more. 

1 hour ago, KaryoKid said:

Same! Did you send in your preferences for days/slots? 

I did! I actually just got a confirmation! How about you?

59 minutes ago, NewAtThis said:

@KaryoKid and @Rosie414 I know this means I'm probably still in the denial phase, but did either of you apply for Dual Degree program for Pitt?

I didn't apply for the dual degree, but the email said that the dates given were the "first set" of interview dates, so they likely will be sending more invites as other people have said! 

Edited by Rosie414

12 minutes ago, Rosie414 said:

I did! I actually just got a confirmation! How about you?

I didn't apply for the dual degree, but the email said that the dates given were the "first set" of interview dates, so they likely will be sending more invites as other people have said! 

Yes, just got the confirmation for the morning session on Monday 2/26

I see some have heard from South Carolina! Congrats! What are their interview dates?? 

EDITED: I was a little nervous about not hearing from them until I checked my spam folder....invite was there! Please check if you are worried! 

Edited by hopetobeGC

Just got South Carolina. Kinda wished they would have changed the date on their acceptance letter. Thanks for letting me know that I wasn't in the first wave  yesterday lol. 

16 hours ago, AspiringGC said:

Based on conversations myself and another applicant had with the UT coordinator, their interviews were NOT given out on a rolling basis. And we would be hearing back no later than February 15th on our application decision (which she did not confirm or deny either way). Based on that, I'm definitely expecting a rejection some time soon

Thanks! I just want to know one way or another, the waiting game is awful

2 hours ago, AnonymousWalrus said:

Just in case anyone wants to know, I just emailed someone from ISU about when they will notifying everyone about interviews, and they said no later than this Thursday or Friday. 

I had emailed them earlier and received the same response. But apparently they’ve started sending interviews 

Hi everyone. I just found this forum. This is what I've heard back from so far:

Interview: Cincinnati, Emory, IU

Denied: Wisconsin

Waiting: Northwestern, Michigan, and Utah

Does anyone know if Michigan is done extending interviews?

2 hours ago, MidwestGC said:

For those of you who got South Carolina invites, does it seem like anymore will go out? 

I just emailed them actually and they said that they will be sending out interviews all of this week and part of next week as well. Supposedly there was a delay and they are now trying to send everything out. 

Hey Y'all, Finally decided to create an account after months of stalking. 

I've applied to Augustana, Thomas Jefferson, Bay Path, and UCI and haven't heard a peep from anyone yet! Starting to get a bit nervous! 

Congrats to everyone getting interviews already! 

Edited by PepperGC

Hey all! A few questions:

1. I have an interview at Case Western this Friday. Has anyone interviewed there yet and, if so, how was it??

2. Anyone have an inkling about when the JHU/NHGRI program will send out invitations? I haven't heard many people on here talking about it...I know their deadline wasn't until Jan 15th, so I imagine it may be another few weeks.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, ATG-GC said:

Just got South Carolina. Kinda wished they would have changed the date on their acceptance letter. Thanks for letting me know that I wasn't in the first wave  yesterday lol. 

I'm going to South Carolina on 3/30 too!! Do you think you will stay through the weekend at all? 

10 hours ago, Joey0817 said:

Do you think UBC is offering interviews on a rolling basis? I have not heard back from them yet!

I don't think so.  They gave 28 one-hour time slots and the time slots are on a first-come first-serve basis.

Edited by TAGC