HKS 2018

Stacy_85

5 minutes ago, ccs2010 said:

Did anyone else get a "deferred conditional admission"? They say it's "a strong presumption of admission to the class entering in 2019, conditional upon strengthening your quantitative skills."

Wow. Never heard of that. What course is this for?
Also, congratulations I guess!

Accepted to the MPP program. I am so honored and surprised. I’ve been putting off grad school for a few years, and have endured hundreds of conversations with my parents asking me what I was doing with my life when I went into AmeriCorps and chose to work in nonprofits. I went through this application process quietly and didn’t tell anyone in my life other than my SO and recommenders. Guess I have big news to share...

3 hours ago, ccs2010 said:

Did anyone else get a "deferred conditional admission"? They say it's "a strong presumption of admission to the class entering in 2019, conditional upon strengthening your quantitative skills."

Hi everyone longtime lurker, first time poster. Congrats to everyone - no matter the decision or destination! 

ccs2010 - I received the same decision and am conflicted in what to do - but a yes is yes!!!! (right?) I'll talk to my profs to get their advice, but would love to talk this over with others in the same boat. Right now I'm leaning towards Fletcher but depending on what conditions/guarantees this means I might reconsider. Mind PMing? 

Here in China, last night found out I was accepted (!) to HKS MPP and rejected by WWS MPA. I expected not to get into WWS, but absolutely did not expect Harvard to come through. Figured I’d be waitlisted at best.

Fingers crossed that they offer some funding, but I’m just glad the waiting is over. Everyone on here knows what a beast the HKS application was, and what a test of patience this has all been. No matter the result, I think we should all be proud for sticking with it!

In case anyone’s interested, the other two offers currently on the top of my list are Carnegie Mellon (MSPPM-DC, very generous scholarship) and Georgetown (MSFS, solid scholarship). If anyone on here also is looking at either of those programs and wants to chat and weigh options, send me a private message!

Best wishes to all. 

Hi all, long-time lurker on here as well! I was accepted, and am absolutely shocked/thrilled. This is truly my dream school, but I am getting so nervous about funding. I've heard that HKS is not particularly generous with their financial aid. Can anyone confirm/deny? What are other people thinking in terms of funding options if financial aid doesn't come through? For some background, I applied to the Payne Fellowship and got through as an "alternate", but wasn't ultimately selected :(

29 minutes ago, 123coolkid said:

Has anyone heard back about financial aid yet?

It’s crazy how much of difference in traffic a day makes. 

No - I'm feeling just as anxious about financial aid, because although it's exciting to get into HKS, there's NO way I can swing the whole bill. Although I'm not expecting anything, I'm still checking my email every 5 minutes!  

20 minutes ago, jello1237 said:

No - I'm feeling just as anxious about financial aid, because although it's exciting to get into HKS, there's NO way I can swing the whole bill. Although I'm not expecting anything, I'm still checking my email every 5 minutes!  

100% agree! I can't stop looking at my email haha 

25 minutes ago, KMA0255 said:

I got a lovely "award" of loans, or $0.

It was a fun 24 hours since being accepted and dreaming.  Good luck to everyone else.  I'll be going a different route.

Right there with you. Zero aid for me as well. Guess I’ll be going elsewhere. *shrugs*

Best of luck to everyone else! It’s been a wild ride.