Fall 2018 Admission

PhD_hopeful_

Everyday I check my mail, way beyond 5pm in their respective time, because you know, maybe they work late. It's so crushing as another day passes, constantly questioning your self worth(don't!). but today, nearly 8pm on their time, I got an acceptance. Relief! It feels good, hope you all get the same feeling soon.

Edited by WhyTry

I've only applied to 3 schools, two are really Competative and the other isn't well known at all. The anxiety is so bad my immune system had dropped and I've gotten the flu. I wish I'd just hear SOMETHING back soon. I can stand this wait. 

1 hour ago, WhyTry said:

Everyday I check my mail, way beyond 5pm in their respective time, because you know, maybe they work late. It's so crushing as another day passes, constantly questioning your self worth(don't!). but today, nearly 8pm on their time, I got an acceptance. Relief! It feels good, hope you all get the same feeling soon.

That's so exciting! Congrats! Where did you get accepted to?

8 hours ago, WhyTry said:

Well dangit, now I'm going to start checking my email all night :wacko:

Congrats though!

4 hours ago, dontor said:

someone received a rejection from Stanford EE. Do you think it's legit? Seems really early.

There's a post with identical note for UC Berkeley ECE PhD - that post indicates the rejection was received March 30, 2017.

So yes and no - the post seems legitimate but just the wrong application year (F17 seems to be the person's target year).

On 1/29/2018 at 4:29 PM, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

every day without a notification of some sort feels so long

Getting acceptances this early to UNC and WUSTL is nothing to sneeze at! You should feel very good about yourself. Hopefully I have some great news like that coming down the pipeline, to get me through the next month. :)

Edited by TheHessianHistorian

13 minutes ago, TheHessianHistorian said:

Getting acceptances this early to UNC and WUSTL is nothing to sneeze at! You should feel very good about yourself. Hopefully I have some great news like that coming down the pipeline, to get me through the next month. :)

Thank you! I know, I'm very grateful for that! I guess when you apply to so many schools there will always be lots of waiting.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure good news are coming soon! 

3 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

Thank you! I know, I'm very grateful for that! I guess when you apply to so many schools there will always be lots of waiting.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure good news are coming soon! 

Congratulations on your WUSTL acceptance! That's wonderful to hear I'm sure. :)

Do you have a top choice among those great schools? So happy for you!

On 30.01.2018 at 4:03 AM, WhyTry said:

I understand you very well. Congratulations on your acceptance!

6 hours ago, wheresmysnow said:

Congratulations on your WUSTL acceptance! That's wonderful to hear I'm sure. :)

Do you have a top choice among those great schools? So happy for you!

Thank you!! I think I'm excited about UChicago's decision the most, but really all are great schools and I will have a tough time making a decision.

Good luck on your applications!

Anyone here applied for UBC (British Columbia) MSc Physics? I saw some results posted but I haven't heard anything. I'm so anxious because this year will be the last. Been applying for two years and nothing positive so far, I spent ridiculous amount of money for all the tests and application fees :(

3 hours ago, AnxiousNerd said:

One of the universities I applied to doesn't even have the application w/chance of funding deadline until March 1st. Which means they probably don't even start looking until then :( and many had today as the deadline :(:(:( I thought late deadlines were kind of cool until now 

I'm in the same boat mostly. 4 of the 7 schools I applied to are Feb. 1st deadlines and 1 is Feb. 15. Thought it'd be great to have extra time to apply and all but boy, the wait game is killing me.

I'm seeing a lot acceptance/rejections for the "hard" sciences. I'm guessing these decisions come earlier because funding is more abundant for these programs? As opposed to mine (Communications) which has some, but I'm sure nowhere near what Chemistry or Biology has. Silly liberal arts!

21 minutes ago, Tamsibling said:

I'm seeing a lot acceptance/rejections for the "hard" sciences. I'm guessing these decisions come earlier because funding is more abundant for these programs? As opposed to mine (Communications) which has some, but I'm sure nowhere near what Chemistry or Biology has. Silly liberal arts!

It may also be when the deadlines are. Most of my schools had deadlines on Dec 1st, whereas other programs have later dates. 

33 minutes ago, Tamsibling said:

Comms decisions for Madison came out this week, and Northwestern come out this week or next week.

42 minutes ago, Tamsibling said:

I would also maybe be inclined to think that maybe chem/bio/hard sciences are on these sites more as well. I was being trained for grad school classes at all of research endeavors and was told about this site by the math grad students I worked with

6 hours ago, AnxiousNerd said:

One of the universities I applied to doesn't even have the application w/chance of funding deadline until March 1st. Which means they probably don't even start looking until then :( and many had today as the deadline :(:(:( I thought late deadlines were kind of cool until now 

I've also applied to a school with deadline in the March.  I'm hoping that the fact they do rolling admissions means I'll hear before then. 

2 hours ago, whatdidigetinto said:

I've also applied to a school with deadline in the March.  I'm hoping that the fact they do rolling admissions means I'll hear before then. 

I hope so too, but also when their first deadline is March 1st, it doesn't make sense to start accepting people before then. Especially if they have limited spots. I feel like rolling admissions are usually "soft deadline Jan 1st, final deadline March 1st"