Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

Still nothing from UMiami's Community Well-Being program?  I know a couple people posted about interviews, but I don't see anywhere that anyone's heard anything. At this point the wait is getting hard to believe, even presuming bad news. 

22 hours ago, yeahsouh said:

Still nothing from UMiami's Community Well-Being program?  I know a couple people posted about interviews, but I don't see anywhere that anyone's heard anything. At this point the wait is getting hard to believe, even presuming bad news. 

Hey, I interviewed there as well (as did a friend of mine) and neither of us have heard back. I was told it would be 7-10 days and that was 3 weeks ago. Loved the program and would love to hear.

10 minutes ago, h20lily said:

Hey, I interviewed there as well (as did a friend of mine) and neither of us have heard back. I was told it would be 7-10 days and that was 3 weeks ago. Loved the program and would love to hear.

Yeah! I was told "very soon" 5 weeks ago. It's my very top choice and I thought it went really well, so this has been a rough wait. It's encouraging to hear form others who have interviewed and heard nothing. I know they're going through this process for the first time with a new Dean and PD, and they've also received a lot of money lately, so I wonder if they're just taking their time to get their ducks in a row.  I don't think the counseling program, at the same school, has sent out acceptances either (though I've seen waitlists and rejections) so.. keep hope alive?  Hope we all get in :) 

Edited by yeahsouh

15 minutes ago, SSXX said:

Does not getting a reply from your POI for the Thank-You email you sent to him/her after the interview mean anything? The waiting is killing me... 

In my experience, no. At one program my PI emailed back in a couple days (they were sick, so it's understandable) but for another I didn't get a response at all. I was waitlisted at both. 

19 minutes ago, SSXX said:

Does not getting a reply from your POI for the Thank-You email you sent to him/her after the interview mean anything? The waiting is killing me... 

I second what Keyz said!  My experience has been the same where sometimes POIs reply, and other times not.  I've been waitlisted with a reply and with no reply.  Try not to worry about it (though I know it's hard not to over-analyze everything while waiting)! :)

23 minutes ago, Keyz said:

In my experience, no. At one program my PI emailed back in a couple days (they were sick, so it's understandable) but for another I didn't get a response at all. I was waitlisted at both. 

17 minutes ago, clinical_psych_hopeful said:

I second what Keyz said!  My experience has been the same where sometimes POIs reply, and other times not.  I've been waitlisted with a reply and with no reply.  Try not to worry about it (though I know it's hard not to over-analyze everything while waiting)! :)

Thank you guys for your reply! 

I'm seeing people post mass generic rejection decisions on the results page for Stanford, I interviewed and haven't received this email ... >.< I just wanna know the outcome. Maybe for whatever reason the rejection email is slow to arrive for me. If anyone here posted the result(s), would you mind saying or DMing if you interviewed for the cognitive science group?

Edited by wrongpathos

Has anyone heard anything from UT Austin yet? Seems like someone should've heard by now but I couldn't find anything for social on the results page.