Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

2 hours ago, nboehm said:

Has anyone heard anything from UT Austin yet? Seems like someone should've heard by now but I couldn't find anything for social on the results page. 

I'm in the same boat as you-- no word yet either.

25 minutes ago, Waiting272 said:

Any one got news from TC Columbia for clinical psychology post interview? The initial invite letter said 3/1. 

Nothing yet. I was told they would meet and notify even earlier. 

Jees, rough week for me. I got rejected from UCLA & UM-College Park, both of which were very kind responses to my inquiry email to my POIs.

On the otherhand, the response from my UCI POI was a waitlist! First rounds are out, but I'm not out of the running. 

3 hours ago, brighteyes said:

Jees, rough week for me. I got rejected from UCLA & UM-College Park, both of which were very kind responses to my inquiry email to my POIs.

On the otherhand, the response from my UCI POI was a waitlist! First rounds are out, but I'm not out of the running. 

Did you have an interview at UMD? I interviewed and I think I must be waitlisted because I know at least one person got accepted, but I haven't heard anything. [Sorry you didn't get in!!]

6 minutes ago, TrustingTheProcess said:

Had my last interview this week as well! I feel like I've spent the past 3-4 months just waiting and waiting. Now I'm been waitlisted at two places and I'm still waiting. Ugh. 

I have had the same thing happen to me... I am trying to think positively. One school I am waiting to hear back from one school and hoping for good news.

37 minutes ago, psychxgeekx said:

I have had the same thing happen to me... I am trying to think positively. One school I am waiting to hear back from one school and hoping for good news.

Love ur username haha.

The wait is horrible - but the waitlist is not the end! (I made it of and into my top choice)

Anyone apply to the Applied Psychology PhD Program at Portland State University (PSU)? Anyone get anything? I didn't get an interview and I believe interviews were going out late January/early February. Is it safe to assume I've been rejected?

Edited by ArchieMJ

About to sign the contract for my back up plan job...bitter sweet. Grateful for a good back up plan but it’s definately feeling harder than I expected to let go of the PhD dream for this year. Haven’t heard anything at all from my top two choices which isn’t helping on the closure front. How’s everyone else dealing with the disappointment? Congrats to everyone who has been successful this season! 

23 minutes ago, olddognewtricks said:

About to sign the contract for my back up plan job...bitter sweet. Grateful for a good back up plan but it’s definately feeling harder than I expected to let go of the PhD dream for this year. Haven’t heard anything at all from my top two choices which isn’t helping on the closure front. How’s everyone else dealing with the disappointment? Congrats to everyone who has been successful this season! 

I'm in a similar boat  - I received an offer but I'm not sure if I'll be accepting cause of the low funding package. I still haven't heard back from my top choice either. I'm not sure if I should accept my back up job offer or the 1 PhD program offer. I'm too nervous to get completely rejected next year if I don't go with my only option this year!

37 minutes ago, psych2315 said:

I'm in a similar boat  - I received an offer but I'm not sure if I'll be accepting cause of the low funding package. I still haven't heard back from my top choice either. I'm not sure if I should accept my back up job offer or the 1 PhD program offer. I'm too nervous to get completely rejected next year if I don't go with my only option this year!

I'm in an similar boat. Some Stuff (tm) happened during this interview cycle that put me into the position of REALLY needing a fully funded program. Initially I was going to be happy with partial funding + taking out loans, but that's not the case anymore. All three of my current offers are not funded, and of the fully-funded programs I applied to, three rejected me and two have been radio silence since interview day. Sighh :(

On 3/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, MichaelMonroe said:

Did you have an interview at UMD? I interviewed and I think I must be waitlisted because I know at least one person got accepted, but I haven't heard anything. [Sorry you didn't get in!!]

No interview, so I assumed this was the case. I reached out to my POI, and she told me. My portal has not changed. She said that official letters should be going out in the next few weeks.

9 hours ago, psych2315 said:

I know there doesn't seem like much rhyme or reason to the application and acceptance process but I've gotta think that if you got an offer this year, with another year of awesome-ness under your belt you'd get even more next time, if you decide to wait it out.