Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

Has everyone that didn't get an interview invite to U Kansas received their official rejection letter? It has been radio silence for me but I saw people post official rejections on the results page. 

Anyone have any lovely stories about people getting surprise admissions after no interviews?? I've thought through all my options for the year ahead and now have my back up plan lined up and ready to go (trying to make the best of it!) but there's this 1 per cent of me that dreams I might still get in to my program and then that will screw the people involved in my back up plan, so I'm holding back a little and its feeling like super terrible limbo! #streamofneuroticism

35 minutes ago, OhHotDog! said:

Has everyone that didn't get an interview invite to U Kansas received their official rejection letter? It has been radio silence for me but I saw people post official rejections on the results page. 

I did not get an interview and received my mass rejection letter today. Maybe if you did not, then they are keeping you in the running as an alternate? Best of luck!

3 hours ago, InfiniteLoop said:

Does anyone have any information on where Florida State is in their selections? Have they sent out acceptances to anyone yet?

I emailed them earlier in the week and they said "Clinical faculty are still making offers". They suggested contacting the faculty member you are interested in working with, but I'm guessing right now that if we haven't been contacted yet we didn't receive the first offer. 

4 hours ago, InfiniteLoop said:

Does anyone have any information on where Florida State is in their selections? Have they sent out acceptances to anyone yet?

16 minutes ago, WaitingImpatiently2 said:

I emailed them earlier in the week and they said "Clinical faculty are still making offers". They suggested contacting the faculty member you are interested in working with, but I'm guessing right now that if we haven't been contacted yet we didn't receive the first offer. 

My colleague interviewed there and received an offer (Unsure of POI, interest was SI/trauma I believe)

2 hours ago, CHOUFLEUR said:

Is anyone familiar with/have heard things about how much the ranking of psychology programs matter when it comes to continuing in academia/wanting to apply for faculty jobs in universities after graduation? 

Very important from what I've heard/read. My impression is that most TT positions in 'good' universities are taken by graduates from 'better' universities. E.g., if you want to teach at a top 50 school, you better graduate from a top 10 school. Etc.

Hoping someone can provide more detail than what I'm saying, because I'm interested too.

5 minutes ago, 41l1!I2 said:

Very important from what I've heard/read. My impression is that most TT positions in 'good' universities are taken by graduates from 'better' universities. E.g., if you want to teach at a top 50 school, you better graduate from a top 10 school. Etc.

Hoping someone can provide more detail than what I'm saying, because I'm interested too.

Well from what my advisors told me (I am living in another country) the most important thing is if you don’t do a PhD at a top university then you will need to do a post doc at one. I’m not sure if that is also true for Americans, but here in Israel a lot of students do their PhDs here and then go abroad to a top 10 University to do their post doc.