Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

2 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

Trying to sort through the Yale drama to figure out results for my own programs............................... LMAO. Wth?!

"THEY ARE MY OFFERS" really took me out. LMFAO. ?

Okay, I cannot find this! Please direct me to the thread so I can entertain myself as I wait for my rejections. ?

2 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

Okay, I cannot find this! Please direct me to the thread so I can entertain myself as I wait for my rejections. ?

The results page ?‍♀️

Very much appreciated if you can!

Applied: University of Georgia (Clinical Psychology Ph.D.), University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign (Clinical/Community PhD) , Stony Brook University (Clinical PhD), Washington University in St. Louis (Clinical PhD), University of Pennsylvania (Clinical Psych PhD), University of Nebraska (Clinical PhD)University of Memphis (Clinical PhD), University of Connecticut (Clinical PhD), Harvard University (Clinical PhD), University of Massachusetts - Boston (Clinical Psychology Ph.D.), University of Washington (Clinical Psychology Ph.D.), University of Houston (Clinical PhD) ,  Case Western Reserve (Clinical PhD), University of Rhode Island (Clinical PhD)

[Accepted 2/14] [Interview 5/14[Rejected 3/14] [Waitlisted 0/14]

52 minutes ago, holdingouthope said:

I didn't hear anything from Florida State, but checked the portal and my rejection letter was posted on 1/29. This is the only school who didn't even send a generic email saying to check the portal. Very disappointed in their process.

Did you interview there as well? I don't see anything on my portal regarding a decision. 

2 hours ago, WaitingImpatiently2 said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Tennessee, University of South Carolina, or Florida State? Interviews were three weeks ago. 

Haven’t heard a decision from USC. I contacted them a week ago and they basically said “you’re probably waitlisted”. ?

33 minutes ago, WaitingImpatiently2 said:

Did you interview there as well? I don't see anything on my portal regarding a decision. 

No, I didn't interview. The places I've interviewed at have gotten back to me within two weeks, but I know each program is different. Maybe if you haven't heard anything by next week, reach out. I think a month is more than enough time. Best of luck to you!

So I didn’t understand what type of beast I was tackling by applying to PhD programs. I only applied to 3 and presumed rejection for all after February 1st. Today I got an email notifying me of my first interview! I received an acceptance for a masters program and had decided it was my only option (a great option but still). There’s a little glimmer of hope now! I’m still waiting on the other two rejections though lol

9 hours ago, round2_ said:

I'm not sure, but I was told the same thing for Duke CCN. I think it's just a heads up to expect a waitlist.

But is there a waitlist for interview...? I've only heard of post-interview waitlists for offer.

5 hours ago, olddognewtricks said:

USC results - come out, come out wherever you are..... #waitingformyrejection

Same for me...

And anyone knows whether USC gives offer without an interview? 

(Univ of South California)

3 hours ago, T Qi said:

But is there a waitlist for interview...? I've only heard of post-interview waitlists for offer.

You didn't get invited to the interview, but if your POI's interviewees don't work out (either aren't admitted or decide to go somewhere else), the POI may still admit you.