MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

1 hour ago, Chauncey said:

You mean Design? I applied this major, but hear nothing from it :(

Yeah design. I think they are sending them over a few days cause someone else on this thread got an email a few days ago so u prob still have a chance! 

1 hour ago, duyens said:

What dept. did you apply to? I think ppl from last year’s forum heard back from SAIC painting around March 1st. Altho so far, a few from SAIC fibers and another dept. have gotten admission notifications. I’m waiting to hear back from SAIC painting too. Not sure about MICA tho. 

I applied into Teaching, Fashion, and Fibers, so still waiting on these departments.

5 hours ago, niftypainter said:

That’s what my Bard email said too.  I took it as a rejection.  I suppose if all extended offers are declined, they will go back into the application pool.   So it’s not a straight up rejection I guess? ??‍♂️

That wording is really ambiguous, but perhaps the good standing remark was meant to convey an encouragement to apply again if you weren't invited for an interview. Also, I don't remember my rejection letter from Bard off the top of my head, but I received an interview invite this year after two previous rejections, so I hope you guys keep up the good fight should you not be admitted to your desired program this year and get rewarded for your efforts down the road.

Edited by E-6_Processing

6 hours ago, aparas33 said:

I’m not sure what this means but I’m thinking it’s a rejection? Sculpture dept:

Thank you for applying to Bard MFA. The Graduate Committee and Faculty have carefully reviewed all applications and selected approximately 12 candidates per discipline to interview on March 2nd. I am sorry to say that you were not selected for an interview on March 2nd. 

Please know that the admissions and acceptance process will take some time. Your application is now and will remain in good standing until final decisions have been made. At any point in this process you may be notified of a change to your application status.

Thank you for your patience. We send you every wish for continued good work.

What do they mean good standing? I’m a little confused lol 

Is this the waitlist for the interview? Like whet

Yes, it sounds like they are still considering you as a backup, or they are at the least very polite in rejecting. 

3 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Does anyone have an idea when we shall be hearing back from Pratt?

i interviewed with painting this week. not sure what department you applied to. apparently they extended their deadline till recently (? or so i hear, i wish i'd known that lol) so it's possible they'll be interviewing for a while! good luck! 

7 hours ago, beep beep said:

i interviewed with painting this week. not sure what department you applied to. apparently they extended their deadline till recently (? or so i hear, i wish i'd known that lol) so it's possible they'll be interviewing for a while! good luck! 

Damn! Even I didn't know that before. I applied within 05/01 to the Visual Communications design. They don't conduct interviews, as far as I know.

9 hours ago, yueeeee said:

Nope, I am in anxiety too? Maybe by early March, according to former years' results?

Yeah, I guess. Last year results were out by March 8th or something. But if the deadline was extended, god knows. ??

19 hours ago, Aatt said:

Just got an email for a Graphic Design  interview at SVA! Anyone else apply there? 

I did, but I applied in photography! I haven’t been emailed yet but my last letter of recommendation wasn’t posted till a couple weeks ago.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, wxu said:

Hi Everyone

Has any one applied with Ohio State MFA Design programs (Design Research, Animation and Interactive Design)? It's the only program i applied this year, I also graduated from the same department with a BSD in 2017, so I am hoping for good luck...?

I apllied to their photo program. No word yet. 

31 minutes ago, savcal said:

I apllied to their photo program. No word yet. 

They are not the same department, mine is design department, photo would be from art department.

I received an e-mail from DHL saying that a delivery from SAIC is coming on the 25th. Since the interview didn't go well in my opinion, I'm guessing that's my rejection letter... Also found out through the Goldsmith admissions portal that I didn't get in (I didn't get an e-mail from them, which I thought was a bit strange).

Hi everyone, been anonymously lurking and reading here the past few months through my application process. I applied to 7 schools and have only heard back from Yale (rejection) and MECA (acceptance via phone call last tuesday). 

Has anyone heard from the following schools? 

Columbia University (I think I read they all ready sent out interviews for painting)
RISD
UMass Amherst 
University of Oregon
University of Washington

Also, I am currently finishing undergrad at Pratt Institute. If anyone has questions about the school I'd be more than happy to share some info. 

43 minutes ago, youlookguilty said:

Hi everyone, been anonymously lurking and reading here the past few months through my application process. I applied to 7 schools and have only heard back from Yale (rejection) and MECA (acceptance via phone call last tuesday). 

Columbia University (I think I read they all ready sent out interviews for painting)
RISD
UMass Amherst 
University of Oregon
University of Washington

Also, I am currently finishing undergrad at Pratt Institute. If anyone has questions about the school I'd be more than happy to share some info. 

I interviewed at Umass Amherst but am waiting to hear back, and, to my knowledge, we are all waiting to hear from University of Oregon. 

49 minutes ago, youlookguilty said:

RISD
UMass Amherst 
University of Oregon
University of Washington

I was accepted into MECA as well. Congrats!

15 minutes ago, duyens said:

Does anyone know when University of Delaware sends out interview invitations? Or maybe they have already been sent? Their deadline was on 2/15 so it’s probs going to take a bit longer. 

They seem to do it early. I know someone who got their UDel acceptance a few hours ago via email, plus all of the three GrdCafe results show notifications going out within a week or so after 2/15, assuming the deadline has stayed static.

Best of luck to you!

Edit: Also, there was no interview. 

Edited by EastCoastPhoto