2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

7 hours ago, TheBunny said:

I crazily wait for an answer from Brown with a friend of mine. I saw several people who got admitted to the IR and Political Theory tracks in Brown. They each admitted four people so a total of 8. I e-mailed to the department today to hear from them, but they did not answer yet. I hope I get an answer tomorrow and update here. As information, I and my friend both applied for the IR track. I am an international student with a master from the USA, and my friend is American. 

Please keep me posted, IR applicant too, good luck!

1 hour ago, olieb0llen said:

I'm really curious if the Duke acceptances have all come out. My application portal still hasn't changed, and at this point I'm assuming that it's a rejection. I did get two interviews lined up for this week, and that's enough to keep my hopes up.

Where you have interviews?

4 hours ago, PolisciappDZ said:

Please keep me posted, IR applicant too, good luck!

I got an answer to my e-mail from Brown. They only told me that decisions will be out soon. That is the shortness of the e-mail.

Claiming a Duke waitlist. Does anyone happen to have information on how long the list is? In other words, on how likely it is to actually get off the waitlist?  

This is basically my top choice even if I make it into one of the CHYMPS, so I'll campaign hard no matter what my odds are. But it would be great to hear from someone who knows how the process works.

8 minutes ago, Ajb415 said:

After seeing waitlist, acceptance, and rejections from UT- Austin, what are my chances of being accepted at this point if I have heard nothing

Same here. I have heard nothing.

Just noticed an AU acceptance that came in today. Does anyone know anything about how AU does their admissions? The admission on the board was for SIS. I applied to the political science department in the School of Public Affairs, and I'm guessing that they are on completely different timeframes in terms of acceptances. Can anybody confirm that?

4 hours ago, Ajb415 said:

After seeing waitlist, acceptance, and rejections from UT- Austin, what are my chances of being accepted at this point if I have heard nothing

4 hours ago, Bosco said:

Same here. I have heard nothing.

A lot of the UT Austin reports have been International, for what it's worth.