Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

23 minutes ago, Clinpsyc01 said:

It’s been mentioned earlier, but the Concordia interview day is only for about 1/3 of the faculty. Many others will still be interviewing students throughout February. Don’t give up! 

Thank you for the encouragement and for the info. Much appreciated!

On 1/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, ccpsych said:

Does anyone know if the University of Alberta school/clinical child psychology program does interviews?

Thanks!

Hey! I am a first-year SCCP master's student at U of A. Last year, there was no interview process and I found out on Feb. 20th. Good luck!!

I was hoping for some news from York by the end of this week. Does anyone know anything about interviews/ shortlisting - even if it's not official?

I'm personally a little disheartened - my POI has not replied to a second email I sent after applying (although initially they mentioned to keep them posted of any updates, and I had an update). I realize that they are very busy, I just hope it's not bad news. 

10 hours ago, AlbertaUndergrad said:

Hey! I am a first-year SCCP master's student at U of A. Last year, there was no interview process and I found out on Feb. 20th. Good luck!!

Thank you for this info! Do you mind if I PM you to ask you a bit about the program?

1 hour ago, SoundofSilence said:

I was hoping for some news from York by the end of this week. Does anyone know anything about interviews/ shortlisting - even if it's not official?

I'm personally a little disheartened - my POI has not replied to a second email I sent after applying (although initially they mentioned to keep them posted of any updates, and I had an update). I realize that they are very busy, I just hope it's not bad news. 

The department is going through a lot of job talks over the next two months (about 15-16!?) so there's a chance that a lot of the faculty members are preoccupied with that. The Open House for Clinical/Clinical-Developmental is slated for Feb 15 so there's still time! 

19 minutes ago, Jay's Brain said:

The department is going through a lot of job talks over the next two months (about 15-16!?) so there's a chance that a lot of the faculty members are preoccupied with that. The Open House for Clinical/Clinical-Developmental is slated for Feb 15 so there's still time! 

Thank you! The waiting continues :)

1 hour ago, magnolias said:

Just got invites from York and Windsor for Skype interviews as well, PM if interested in the POI

Was this a general/generic email sent to all who got an interview or specifically from your POI?

Finally made an account after a few weeks of....browsing (min 5 times a day, that's not exactly obsessive right?). You're all lovely beings who have unbeknownst to you all, been helping me maintain some semblance of sanity. So thank you for being so transparent, kind, and helpful! Wondering if anyone has officially heard from UTSC and specifically if anyone applied to work under Dr. Zindel Segal? 

9 minutes ago, mindfullyneurotic said:

Finally made an account after a few weeks of....browsing (min 5 times a day, that's not exactly obsessive right?). You're all lovely beings who have unbeknownst to you all, been helping me maintain some semblance of sanity. So thank you for being so transparent, kind, and helpful! Wondering if anyone has officially heard from UTSC and specifically if anyone applied to work under Dr. Zindel Segal? 

I haven't heard from UTSC but I have applied. My application was updated to "Under Review" just last week, for better or worse.

2 minutes ago, mindfullyneurotic said:

Same! Projected interview dates on their site are next Mon-Wed and someone here mentioned that all invites to said interviews had been sent out last week. I am not sure what's what but the uncertainty is eroding away at my morale! 

I was told the interview days are Feb 14th and 15th! Can you send me the link where you see this info?