POI Requests for Clinical Psychology PhD Fall 2019

Great idea! If anyone happens along this thread and has been invited for interview with FIU or FSU, could you post their initials? Also, same for PennState :)

or UMaryland-College Park, and UMASS-Amherst? lol

Edited by psycash

Not to be needy, but I have two schools to ask about.

To the person who was rejected by Emory, was it a generic message or did your PI send a message to you?

Regarding the recent University of Illinois post, which campus was it? If it's Chicago, what's your PI?

What incentive do people have for browsing this thread over the original one?

Poi requests were spammy but I’m not sure separating a thread will help that much. Anyone who is invited for an interview, who is willing to share their POI, is more likely to just post the initials publically rather than find each person who wants that info through this thread 

Edited by 21ny14

36 minutes ago, 21ny14 said:

What incentive do people have for browsing this thread over the original one?

Poi requests were spammy but I’m not sure separating a thread will help that much. Anyone who is invited for an interview, who is willing to share their POI, is more likely to just post the initials publically rather than find each person who wants that info through this thread 

I never posted initials publicly lol. I think as a kind gesture, I (and hopefully others) will check this thread if I ever receive future invites. I personally know the agonizing/brutal pain of seeing invites pour through the damn TCG results page for a school you applied to and having your inbox dry as hell. 

I think it'll leave the invites page less clutter-y, but that's my opinion. People can just post their details on the other thread, and others can PM them directly about POIs if they are curious. This one may be more relevant to the stuff popping up on TGC results page.

11 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I never posted initials publicly lol. I think as a kind gesture, I (and hopefully others) will check this thread if I ever receive future invites. I personally know the agonizing/brutal pain of seeing invites pour through the damn TCG results page for a school you applied to and having your inbox dry as hell. 

I think it'll leave the invites page less clutter-y, but that's my opinion. People can just post their details on the other thread, and others can PM them directly about POIs if they are curious. This one may be more relevant to the stuff popping up on TGC results page.

Yeah. I know it will clean it up a bit. But i don’t think a separate thread solves the problem. 

There are people who quote others instead of DMing posters directly. And there’s a lot of (IMO) irrelevant useless posts as well. But if this thread picks up steam and the other post becomes more strictly about invites (which begs the question, why not post more info anonymously on the results page?), we have 5 areas to monitor. (General applicants, clin invites, clin applicants,  this, and results). There’s little to no incentive for interviewees to browse or post on this specific thread.

It may be a bad analogy but it’s like moving the soup kitchen to a different city. Why visit? Say I get invited to school A. Am I really expected to go through this thread to find who wants POI info about school A? Why would I use my time that way?

6 minutes ago, 21ny14 said:

Yeah. I know it will clean it up a bit. But i don’t think a separate thread solves the problem. 

There are people who quote others instead of DMing posters directly. And there’s a lot of (IMO) irrelevant useless posts as well. But if this thread picks up steam and the other post becomes more strictly about invites (which begs the question, why not post more info anonymously on the results page?), we have 5 areas to monitor. (General applicants, clin invites, clin applicants,  this, and results). There’s little to no incentive for interviewees to browse or post on this specific thread.

I agree with you about the irrelevant posts: "Has anyone heard from Schools a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l and m? Thanks!" ***EYE ROLL***

I'm so anxious and bored I'm checking the invites page + the clinical applicants page + the general psych applicants page (a disaster/black hole honestly) and occasionally the interview tips/other things that pop up. I don't know if this s$@t will solve the mess/monster that has been created... But hey, another thread to waste our time on, right LMAO? (Have you seen the amount of applicant-specific threads now? I can't)

Edited by checkingmyemail
I don't know my alphabet ok

Different threads make things cleaner, if you REALLY wanna hunt down a certain school's decisions thats what the search function is for. The only incentive for this thread is to clean up the forum. The psychology people have turned this forum into a zoo now that admissions seasons has come and mods here don't do much of anything so its best up to the users (cough us) to enforce good forum etiquette. 

Guest Clickingrefresh

Can any UNL posters (ones that I haven’t already contacted ?) please DM their POI! 

Thanks and congrats!