Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, EM1890 said:

Hey! Congrats on the acceptances! I applied to the same 3 programs and waiting on BC. I applied after 12/1 and the email I got said I would hear by March 15th. Hopefully we will hear before that seeing BU wants a deposit by the 8th!

I also applied to BC by the 1/15 deadline and am still waiting to hear back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rrobinson said:

Congrats!! :) I didn’t see any fin. aid info, no. But I still have to fill out fafsa and figure that bit out. 

I emailed them about when we’ll receive that info, so I’ll keep you posted if they respond (though I submitted my fafsa in December, so I should hear back sooner) !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 9:26 PM, BoldNBrave said:

Hi everyone! I've been checking out the different forums to see who my future classmates would be. I heard back from CSUEB on 02/21 and I got Accepted and I got an email notification from UC. Berkeley today that I was also Accepted! I'm just waiting for SJSU. 

Hi! Congrats on your acceptances!! I was just wondering if you've had any change in your application status for the online portal for East Bay?  I'm anxiously waiting for a letter and trying to figure out if I can get any insight on the portal status or not. Congrats again!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. I applied to Fordham (accepted) and Hunter (pending interview), and am still waiting for two recommendations to complete my NYU application. Fordham gave me 30 business days to reply. How do I ask for an extension? I have no idea when the Hunter interview will happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, verialex13 said:

Hi there. I applied to Fordham (accepted) and Hunter (pending interview), and am still waiting for two recommendations to complete my NYU application. Fordham gave me 30 business days to reply. How do I ask for an extension? I have no idea when the Hunter interview will happen. 

Request a "two week deposit extension". They only grant extensions for two weeks at a time. Here is what they sent me:

The Admission Committee has reviewed your request and has granted you a two week deposit extension. The $250 non-refundable acceptance deposit is now due **

If you are still unable to make the deposit by ** a second request for an extension can be submitted to gssadmission@fordham.edu . Please keep in mind that class registration and field placement is dependent upon the acceptance deposit.

Edited by RestlesslyWaiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RestlesslyWaiting said:

Request a "two week deposit extension". They only grant extensions for two weeks at a time. Here is what they sent me:

The Admission Committee has reviewed your request and has granted you a two week deposit extension. The $250 non-refundable acceptance deposit is now due **

If you are still unable to make the deposit by ** a second request for an extension can be submitted to gssadmission@fordham.edu . Please keep in mind that class registration and field placement is dependent upon the acceptance deposit.

That is very helpful. I just wrote to them. I like the program, just don't want to make decisions without other options on the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MikaylaBowers Hi! I haven't checked my CSUEB portal yet but I was notified via mail. Looking back on previous posts from pasts years of CSUEB applicants they indicated that the initial group of accepted students get their letters first and then if they turn down the offer, that open up spots for the second batch of applicants to be offered acceptance to the program. I was given the deadline of 03/15 to decide and I was instructed to mail back a letter that would indicate if I accepted their offer or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, qwaac13 said:

Just heard back from Minnesota- accepted! Yay! 

Me too, I'm so happy! Did you apply for any fellowships or hear about funding? Or do you know when we are supposed to hear about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, L_S_P said:

Me too, I'm so happy! Did you apply for any fellowships or hear about funding? Or do you know when we are supposed to hear about that?

I'm not sure, I didn't get any info about it in the email. I guess we will see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need updates as I wait very impatiently for my own decisions! Has anyone heard anything recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, toofunny said:

I need updates as I wait very impatiently for my own decisions! Has anyone heard anything recently?

UMich had a meeting Friday to decide who is accepted or not. We’ll find out in the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an acceptance to the UW Seattle Day Program yesterday afternoon! I'm super delighted as I only applied to UW and Berkeley and was rejected from Berkeley around last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, LNH206 said:

Received an acceptance to the UW Seattle Day Program yesterday afternoon! I'm super delighted as I only applied to UW and Berkeley and was rejected from Berkeley around last week. 

Congrats, getting a rejection is like eating bad seafood and then getting hit in the gut...

Edited by Tomlinson87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tamarariel said:

Was anyone accepted to Boston University's advanced standing program?

I got my  acceptance letter from them on Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MT22 said:

I got my  acceptance letter from them on Friday 

If you don't mind me asking, was it via email or mail? And were you offered any scholarships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tamarariel said:

If you don't mind me asking, was it via email or mail? And were you offered any scholarships?

It was via email. I was offered 15,000 in scholarships. I told them BC gave me 20,000 they said they would see if they could give me more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MT22 said:

It was via email. I was offered 15,000 in scholarships. I told them BC gave me 20,000 they said they would see if they could give me more. 

Gotcha! Thanks! I hope you get more funding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received no funding from Berkeley. Is it dumb to take out about $70,000 in loans when I already have $20,000 for undergrad? Anyone else in the same boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mnvt said:

I received no funding from Berkeley. Is it dumb to take out about $70,000 in loans when I already have $20,000 for undergrad? Anyone else in the same boat?

The choice is ultimately up to you but paying $90,000 in loans plus interest on a social workers salary isn’t ideal. I would go to the school that gives you the most aid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mnvt said:

I received no funding from Berkeley. Is it dumb to take out about $70,000 in loans when I already have $20,000 for undergrad? Anyone else in the same boat?

Not a chance.

I have $50k in debt from my undergrad at Penn State. I'm trying to keep it under $30K for grad school. Not so easy! My student loan payments are like a second mortgage. If j could have cut cost, you bet I would of. But I was foolish in my undergrad. The most important thing is that your program is CSWE accredited. Obviously, it is ultimately your call, but for me, I would never pay more than I absolutely had to. I learned that the hard way and regret it. Social work isnt  often exactly a lucrative career either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Neep said:

Not a chance.

I have $50k in debt from my undergrad at Penn State. I'm trying to keep it under $30K for grad school. Not so easy! My student loan payments are like a second mortgage. If j could have cut cost, you bet I would of. But I was foolish in my undergrad. The most important thing is that your program is CSWE accredited. Obviously, it is ultimately your call, but for me, I would never pay more than I absolutely had to. I learned that the hard way and regret it. Social work isnt  often exactly a lucrative career either. 

Would you consider commissioning in the Air Force as a clinical social worker? You could get your debt forgiven. It could also be a way to pursue a PhD debt free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the military isn’t for you. Or your waitIng  my professor did the program below once she got her LCSW. She speaks very highly of it. You work in a rural area and they pay off your loans and send you a check. Also they have a program they will pay for your school and give you a monthly allowance. 

3 hours ago, Tomlinson87 said:

Would you consider commissioning in the Air Force as a clinical social worker? You could get your debt forgiven. It could also be a way to pursue a PhD debt free.

 

https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.