verosanchez

54 minutes ago, qwaac13 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Minnesota? I've heart back from WUSTL, UPitt, Columbia and a few others but nothing from UMN! Getting nervous as it is my top choice!

I also have not heard back from UMN yet and it is my top choice as well. Hoping to hear around March 1

Hey! Has anyone heard back from ASU? I'm still "in review" and I heard they started rolling out acceptances 2 weeks ago. I'm in the same boat with UT Austin right now as well. Any other Canadian applicants to American schools here? I'm wondering if that's making it take longer. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, bloome said:

I've just been accepted to Ohio State! I applied for a fellowship but theres no word on acceptance to that or any other funding information ? Anyone else???

I got accepted to OSU in January! I was also hoping for a fellowship, have you heard anything since you posted this? I haven't heard anything which is discouraging because it seems like people from other programs have at least heard about whether or not they've been nominated.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:53 PM, rach19 said:

hi everyone!

I applied to:

University of Wisconsin (Madison) submitted my application 11/17, recommendations submitted 12/28

University of Michigan- applied 1/24

University of Texas- Arlington applied 2/2

and considering applying to Pitt, all for advanced standing.

I've been so anxious about waiting to  hear back from schools and afraid of not getting in. I am in my senior year of my BSW and have a competitive application, but the waiting game is killing me. I applied to Arlington as a back up because they have a super quick admission process if you are applying for advanced standing and you do not need letters of rec. Do you think its worth my time to apply to Pitt if my heart is set on either UMich or UWM? 

Best of luck everyone!

Have you heard anything from UT- Arlington? i was wondering how fast their turn around time was.

Just now, toofunny said:

Have you heard anything from UT- Arlington? i was wondering how fast their turn around time was.

I haven't explicitly, but I got an email from housing that said welcome to UT-A and was about figuring out on campus housing, so I am assuming I got in, but waiting to hear what they say. 

Just now, rach19 said:

I haven't explicitly, but I got an email from housing that said welcome to UT-A and was about figuring out on campus housing, so I am assuming I got in, but waiting to hear what they say. 

Thank you!

Boston U is the only school I haven't heard back from yet, has anyone heard anything this week?

5 minutes ago, v.oye said:

Boston U is the only school I haven't heard back from yet, has anyone heard anything this week?

We have a BU thread here.

Some people have said that they'd hear back by the end of the day tomorrow. I talked to their admissions office today and they told me I'd hear by the end of the month (next Friday). So, who really knows...

3 minutes ago, natkay said:

Hi all!

I just got my first acceptance today to Upenn and wanted to share! It is such an amazing feeling and I hope all the lovely people in this thread also get to feel it!

CONGRATS!!!! What a nice way to kick off the weekend (almost TGIF!!) ?

On 2/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, verosanchez said:

Hi! I have yet to hear anything from CSUEB, SF State or SJSU. The waiting part of all of this is the most excruciating part I feel.

Good luck!

I agree!  Does your online portal for CSUEB show anything regarding the social work program, or does it just say your application is being reviewed by the department?  This one is stressing me out because it had to be mailed in and it'd be my luck mine got lost somewhere in the postal service haha.

Best of luck to you, too!!

29 minutes ago, MikaylaBowers said:

I agree!  Does your online portal for CSUEB show anything regarding the social work program, or does it just say your application is being reviewed by the department?  This one is stressing me out because it had to be mailed in and it'd be my luck mine got lost somewhere in the postal service haha.

Best of luck to you, too!!

Hi, I got a letter in the mail today from East Bay and I got accepted! You should be receiving admissions decisions by postal mail before you'll see it online.

15 minutes ago, AMiscione said:

Thats amazing! Do you mind sharing your stats? I am also waiting on UCLA! So far I have been accepted to CSULB. 

Congrats on your acceptance to CSULB!

Stats: I'm 42yo. Worked and volunteered in social justice and politics for 20 years. Earned my MBA in 2015. I've volunteer as a counselor at a counseling center for 2 years. Undergrad GPA: 3.5. Grad GPA: 3.74.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:49 PM, norvos90004 said:

Congrats on your acceptance to CSULB!

Stats: I'm 42yo. Worked and volunteered in social justice and politics for 20 years. Earned my MBA in 2015. I've volunteer as a counselor at a counseling center for 2 years. Undergrad GPA: 3.5. Grad GPA: 3.74.

Wow that is amazing! Props to you for going back to school for a second masters- that is so admirable :) 

Hello, I just stumbled upon this thread. Congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far! As of right now, I have been accepted into two programs (Ohio State, USC), rejected( Washington University), and waitlisted(Michigan). I wish everyone the best. It is hard because Utah may not get back until May 1 and that is nerve wracking. Not only that, it isn't a program I hear mentioned on here at all. 

Most decisions will roll out between Mid to Late March. So don’t worry! You’ll hear soon. Most of the people that have heard so far seemed to be rejection letters. So you might get in! How many hours do you have? I think I had too few hours and that is why I didn’t get accepted. Only a little over a 1000.