verosanchez

4 hours ago, BananaSlug4MSW said:

I'm planning on doing the on-campus, hoping to become a clinical social worker for the air force after i get licensed and all that good stuff. Good luck!

Don’t quote me on it, but I’m pretty sure you can get your loan forgiven by going active duty. I’m positive it counts for officer as well as enlisted.

I only applied to Rutgers but I'm suuuuper anxious and I keep checking the status for the decision. All of my pieces for my application came together on the 31st, and I'm acting like I should have an answer already ? 

9 hours ago, calmchili said:

Well, would anyone share their updates from the University of Washington and UNC-Chapel Hill? I know they usually send out the decision in March, but the waiting is killing :(((

Still waiting on UNC as well and in getting so impatient! 

10 hours ago, Shadylane427 said:

No, but I did email admissions the other day and they said that advanced standing decisions will start being sent out this week. Regular Full-time Applicants will start hearing decisions in between mid Feb to mid March. 

Just to clarify UNC said they will be sending out advanced standing admissions decisions starting this week?

11 hours ago, Shadylane427 said:

No, but I did email admissions the other day and they said that advanced standing decisions will start being sent out this week. Regular Full-time Applicants will start hearing decisions in between mid Feb to mid March. 

Thanks for your sharing.

Well... for international applicants, they will send out the interview invitation from mid Feb.

12 hours ago, ddd777 said:

Received my admissions letter from NYU around 11 this morning! Received a 12k a year scholarship! Anyone know when we get the financial aid package? and is anyone thinking of asking for more money?

congrats! when did you submit your application for NYU?

12 hours ago, ddd777 said:

Received my admissions letter from NYU around 11 this morning! Received a 12k a year scholarship! Anyone know when we get the financial aid package? and is anyone thinking of asking for more money?

Congrats!! I received my acceptance to NYU today morning as well! I'm not sure when the financial aid package is coming in, but I'm going to try and ask for more money--I figured it doesn't hurt to try!

29 minutes ago, ss0112 said:

Congrats!! I received my acceptance to NYU today morning as well! I'm not sure when the financial aid package is coming in, but I'm going to try and ask for more money--I figured it doesn't hurt to try!

congrats! i didn't know you could request for more money.. when did you submit your applixation to NYU?

3 hours ago, ddd777 said:

Thank you so much!! I submitted my application on 1/10! Day before the priority deadline! 

i applied on feb 1, so i dont expect to hear for a bit but i also submitted my application to fordham feb 1 and received my acceptance two days ago, so you never know.. this waiting game is driving me crazy!!

9 hours ago, ss0112 said:

Hey- I am considering asking for more money from NYU and Fordham as well. How do you plan to go about it? Email or a letter?

13 hours ago, MSW1313 said:

congrats! when did you submit your application for NYU?

thanks! I submitted my app on 1/9

On 1/9/2019 at 8:35 PM, verosanchez said:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to connect with others who are also waiting for admission decisions for MSW programs; this process feels like it's taking forever! I applied to UC Berkeley, CSU East Bay, SF State, and am still working on SJSU.

This is definitely nerve-wracking! Has anyone else applied and feels nervous????? Which programs did ya'll apply to??

Hi!! I submitted applications for CSUEB & SF State back in December and for SJSU mid-January.  

Waiting for answers has definitely been so stressful! Have you heard anything back yet?